All Things Obama/ The Legacy

Moderator: Super Moderators

kbot
Pirate

Re: All Things Obama/ The Legacy

Post by kbot » 06-02-2016 11:12 AM

I have a brother who has been in teaching since 1973. I don't think he's worked a full year in this country as a teacher. He's tried but the system is so messed-up he's been teaching overseas.

I'm just wondering how long people are going to put up with a system that year-in/ year-out pumps out kids who can't read nor write well, can't function in the workplace, have no sense at all of history or civic responsibility. In my view (to quote Bernie), the modern education system in this country is based on the premise of social engineering at the expense of knowledge.........
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 06-02-2016 04:54 PM

kbot wrote:I'm just wondering how long people are going to put up with a system that year-in/ year-out pumps out kids who can't read nor write well, can't function in the workplace, have no sense at all of history or civic responsibility. In my view (to quote Bernie), the modern education system in this country is based on the premise of social engineering at the expense of knowledge.........
The answer to that is changes will take place within the system once the monetary burden of all the non-producers places the rest of America into the position of having to fix the problem. Once the system figures out they need to give people skills, and school is important to the future of the nation, then they will deal with it. As for now.... there is not enough pain to evoke change.
Millenials.jpg
Millenials.jpg (73.7 KiB) Viewed 2214 times
In the Toledo OH paper a few days ago.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 06-03-2016 03:46 AM

Just read this and now it makes sense why my property taxes have gone up so much each and every year..........

Snippet:

7. Massachusetts

> Spending per pupil: $14,142
> Total education spending: $15.6 billion (11th highest)
> Pct. with high school diploma: 89.7% (21st highest)
> Median household income: $65,339 (6th highest)

With the highest rate of higher educational attainment in the country, it might not be surprising that Massachusetts spends among the most per student on elementary and secondary education. More than 39% of state residents had at least a bachelor's degree in 2012, and the state spent more than $14,000 per pupil. Massachusetts employs more teachers than most other states. More than 11% of the state's employees worked in education as of 2012, a higher percentage than all but a few states. In all, Massachusetts spent $5,916 per student on teacher salaries and another $853 per student on support staff, both among the highest in the country.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/bus ... /10083569/

Ironically, Mass has one of the country's highest heroin addiction rates - due to lack of jobs mostly..........
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 06-03-2016 03:56 PM

They rolled some statistics out about the Ohio education, and the one thing which was interesting was the level at which home schooled and private school kids excelled. That report was promptly squashed by Gov Kasich (Kay Sick).
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 06-15-2016 08:53 AM

A quote I heard..............

"We had a President that put men on the moon. Now we have a president that put men in Women's bathrooms. :confused:
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 06-15-2016 10:55 AM

Doka wrote:A quote I heard..............

"We had a President that put men on the moon. Now we have a president that put men in Women's bathrooms. :confused:
I needed that laugh - thank-you :mrgreen:

Times HAVE changed......
Attachments
14awnp.jpg
14awnp.jpg (73.45 KiB) Viewed 2193 times

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 06-15-2016 06:50 PM

Voting.jpg
Voting.jpg (32.87 KiB) Viewed 2189 times

Riddick
Pirate

Inoperative AND Indigestive

Post by Riddick » 06-16-2016 02:24 AM

Ha! Good one VO! And even if you don't need cardiac surgery for sure this presidential race is gonna end IN an upset either way

"Election 2016: Brought To You By The Medical Practice of Hart, Burns & Belcher"!
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 06-16-2016 04:04 PM

My only wish in politics is that Gary Johnson could somehow get the word out. I feel that if more people knew about him they would consider his position. But he's the best kept secret in politics.

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 06-16-2016 06:10 PM

voguy wrote:My only wish in politics is that Gary Johnson could somehow get the word out. I feel that if more people knew about him they would consider his position. But he's the best kept secret in politics.

I wonder.......what if Trump tapped Johnson for VP would that make it better? It is my understanding that Johnson has a dud for a running mate? I don't know that for sure haven't looked up. I understand that to split the ticket, otherwise ,just hand it to Hillary and go home, if we still have one.
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 06-16-2016 06:52 PM

Doka wrote:I wonder.......what if Trump tapped Johnson for VP would that make it better? It is my understanding that Johnson has a dud for a running mate? I don't know that for sure haven't looked up. I understand that to split the ticket, otherwise ,just hand it to Hillary and go home, if we still have one.
Neither Johnson, nor his VP choice former Massachusetts governor William Weld, are known for being dynamic as far as people go. You will not see the circus that Trump, Clinton, and Sanders brings to the boob-tube. But at least to me, that's an asset and favorable.

The Libertarian party is perhaps one of the most misunderstood of all parties. Unlike the Dems and the Repubs, the Libertarians pretty much have minimal government intervention. If you have studied any of the Constitution and other documents, you'll find out real quick that Libertarians are hands off in creating crisis or getting into your life. This is probably why they are unattractive to most in industry and high finance. You're expected to live your life, not hurt people, or get into their business.

That said, I doubt Trump would be interested in Johnson as they are dynamically two different mindsets.

Riddick
Pirate

Amidst Electoral Upheaval, A Message From Barry 'Hope & Change' Soetoro

Post by Riddick » 06-22-2016 01:31 AM

A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

-Donald Trump Image

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 06-23-2016 12:54 AM

-Donald Trump Image

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 06-24-2016 09:19 AM

Back to the Obama Legacy............

Do to the Obama policies we now have Russia surrounded by loaded nukes and daring them "to do something". We have what is left of our "Fleet of Ships" cruising in Chinese waters, flipping them off. We have been warned by both Countries over and over again. But, the War-Mongering continues! HOW LONG BEFORE ONE OR BOTH COUNTRIES have had enough! It is totally INSANE! :twisted:
KARMA RULES

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 06-25-2016 07:31 AM

Obama has made the country less stable, less protected, and given less hope for a future than any president. His whole legacy is one built on lies and misguided promises.

Return to “Politics and Government 2014 - Present”