And the freak-out continues

Moderator: Super Moderators

kbot
Pirate

Re: And the freak-out continues

Post by kbot » 09-19-2017 04:23 AM

Looks to be the case Doka - the story WAS there yesterday afternoon (barely 12 hours ago).......

Breitbart has another story though:

On Monday’s broadcast of CNN’s “Wolf,” CNN White House Reporter Kaitlan Collins stated she didn’t find former White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer’s joke about the crowd size at the Emmys funny and said that the joke didn’t sit well with her.

After seeing a clip of Spicer joking that the Emmys had the largest audience ever, Collins said, “I did not find it humorous at all. As someone who sat in that press briefing room every day that Sean Spicer was the press secretary, I just don’t think it’s humorous when the former White House spokesman comes out, at this awards show, with all these Hollywood celebrities that they often rail against, to make fun of the fact — and you know, pretty much admit that he lied to the American people, while he was being paid by the American people to be a spokesman for the White House.”

She later added, “Isn’t it interesting that now that he’s washed his hands of the White House, he can make light of the fact that came out there, to that podium, and trotted out this misinformation to people who trust someone like that who represents the president. It’s a very grave position, and you have a lot of responsibility. So, him making light of it just did not sit well with me.”

CNN Chief Political Analyst Gloria Borger said that the ceremony may have helped Spicer’s image, but didn’t help Hollywood. She explained that it looks like Hollywood is “in on the joke” that Spicer wasn’t telling the truth from the podium.

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2017/09/ ... l-with-me/
"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there......."

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 09-19-2017 11:12 AM

And WAPO is all in a dither......... I loved the "we're apolitical" line..........

Sean Spicer wanted to ‘poke a little fun at myself’ at the Emmys. But what was the joke?

“The treatment of Spicer is another breakdown of political norms,” London School of Economics fellow Brian Klaas tweeted. “If we just joke about and reward people who lie in government, more will.”

“Sean Spicer sold his soul to work for Trump and repeatedly lied from the podium. Hilarious!” wrote Tommy Vietor, co-host of the podcast “Pod Save America.”

“The degree to which Sean Spicer has faced no consequences is a glimpse into the post-Trump future,” added Slate chief political correspondent Jamelle Bouie.

“Ugh NO to Sean Spicer,” wrote journalist and author Mark Harris. “It’s so great that we can embrace someone who used a powerful position to abuse the press and lie to America.”

On Monday afternoon, the Television Academy released the following statement: “The Television Academy is apolitical. Via its 22,000 voting members who work throughout the industry, the Academy recognizes television’s excellence and inclusiveness through Emmy nominees and winners. The creative direction of the Emmy show is set by each year’s production team and host. We respect their creative choices.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyl ... 6#comments

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 09-19-2017 12:49 PM

Wow ! These ghouls are turned on to their splendid selves, by anything. How they can get long articles, and days of press is beyond me. Anal minds only need to apply.

This is the only thing I could find , was it just a one liner or was there more? I didn't watch the "Emmy's of Carnage" kind of like willingly exposing myself to a high dose of radiation! Who in their right mind would do that?

https://youtu.be/7xD9pNcfKYU
Karma Rules

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 09-19-2017 02:31 PM

To be honest with you, I didn't watch. This was basically what I saw on CNN and online.

I think about the times when I would wake up to get ready for work, and start flipping through the channels at 4:30 or so and there'd be Christine Romans salivating over these type of stories, so, now that the roles are reversed, I'm trying to figure out what CNNs problem is............

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 09-20-2017 11:39 AM

Quote:"I'm trying to figure out what CNNs problem is............"

If you haven't figured their motives out by now Kbot, It's probably not worth spending your time on.
Karma Rules

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 09-20-2017 04:13 PM

Was a rhetorical question Doka, and probably not worth stating - they've been in the Left's corner since the Clinton days (at least......)

Riddick
Pirate

Can Liberals Recover From Trump Derangement Syndrome?

Post by Riddick » 11-05-2017 04:09 PM

It is easy to dismiss the impeachment efforts of Democratic Reps. Brad Sherman, Al Green and Maxine Waters as eye-rolling manifestations of Trump Derangement Syndrome. But it will be harder for responsible Democrats to ignore or excuse the party backbenchers and grandstanders now that hedge-fund billionaire Tom Steyer has pledged $10 million to the cause of impeaching the president.

In an open lette, Mr. Steyer called on grass-roots Democrats “to urge your federal representatives to remove him from office at once.” On Mr. Steyer’s list of impeachable offenses were Mr. Trump’s decisions to end President Obama’s Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, to block Obama-era regulatory initiatives, to withdraw from the Paris climate accord and to seek ObamaCare’s repeal and replacement.

By asserting a president should be removed from office over policy differences, Mr. Steyer has done more than trivialize impeachment. He helps move America closer to the tyranny Mr. Trump is accused of having brought about. Still, his pressure for Democrats to join his banana republic-style coup will hurt many of that party’s candidates in close contests, regardless of their answer.

When their national party chairman calls Mr. Trump an “existential threat” to America and history’s “most dangerous president,” Democrats cheer. Yet these overwrought comments could turn off swing voters, especially if they have Republican choices on the ballot who come across as focused on making the nation more prosperous, united and secure.

Democrats have a tremendous challenge in reforming their party, which is at its weakest point in a century, largely thanks to Mr. Obama and Hillary Clinton. Yet many of them can’t help but obsess on impeachment and mimic Mr. Obama’s moral hectoring. Both are good ways to lose elections and stay out of power.

- Edited & Abridged From Karl Rove's Full WSJ Article (Paywall)

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 11-10-2017 02:04 PM

Return to “Politics and Government 2014 - Present”