Yes it's good.... but not for YOU

Moderator: Super Moderators

kbot
Pirate

Yes it's good.... but not for YOU

Post by kbot » 04-14-2017 05:52 AM

I once went to see my cardiologist and he we were discussing my weight and diet, and I explained how I would eat certain things, and with every example I gave him, he'd say, "Yes, that's right, but not for you...." The discussion would go something like this, "Well, sometime I have an apple for a snack, you know, an apple-a-day...." and then he'd say, "Yes, but you're pre-diabetic, and the apple has a lot of sugar, so, not for you...", or I'd say I like carbs and especially bread, and he'd say "For most people, in moderation, but, not for you....".

So, this is kinda like the same thing. Increasingly we live in a world where certain rights are guaranteed, such as free speech. Well you'd THINK so Even though the Constitution and even UN resolutions proclaim it to be true, profitable forces say otherwise......

Abortion Advocates Move from ‘Choice’ to Coercion

Through their efforts to silence dissent, abortion proponents tacitly admit that medical science and public opinion are against them. Abortion advocates around the world and particularly in the United States are increasingly abandoning their professed political and moral adherence to “choice,” and instead adopting an agenda of coercion. Nowhere is this dangerous and calculated shift more evident than in their utter disdain for the freedom and fundamental rights of citizens who disagree with them.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/4 ... not-choice
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

kbot
Pirate

Re: Yes it's good.... but not for YOU

Post by kbot » 04-24-2017 11:09 AM

First heard about this earlier this morning. It's interesting watching the Far Left twist on this issue. So, according to Pelosi (and this is really hysterical when you actually stop to think about it), you CAN be Pro-life AND a Democrat (at the same time.....).

TOTALLY contrary to their public message for which they get paid VERY WELL by Planned Parenthood.

These guys are gonna need a chiropractor with all the twisting :mrgreen:

Nancy Pelosi: ‘Of course’ Democrats can be pro-life

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi downplayed the significance of the right to an abortion as a cause that unites Democrats, emphasizing instead the party’s stance on economic policy and commitment to the working class.

Asked Sunday whether there’s room in the party for pro-life politicians, the staunchly pro-choice California lawmaker responded, “Of course.”

“I have served many years in Congress with members who have not shared my very positive — my family would say ‘aggressive’ — position on promoting a woman’s right to choose,” Ms. Pelosi said on NBC’s “Meet the Press.”

The remark comes after Sen. Bernie Sanders, Vermont Independent, stumped on Thursday for Omaha mayoral candidate Heath Mello, a Democrat who supported pro-life legislation as a Nebraska senator.

Mr. Mello initially received an endorsement in the May 9 election from the Daily Kos, a progressive website, but lost it after his pro-life voting record, which includes co-sponsoring the state’s 20-week abortion ban, came to light.

He has since clarified his stance on the question of abortion, telling the Huffington Post that he is personally pro-life but “would never do anything to restrict access to reproductive health care” as mayor.

That did little to placate Mr. Mello’s pro-choice detractors.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... n-be-pro-/
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 04-24-2017 11:22 AM

Up, nope, not so fast..........

Democrat Party Chair: No Place for Pro-Life Democrats, Get in Line With Abortion or Get Out

The Democratic Party chairman made it clear late last week that pro-lifers are not welcome in his party anymore.

DNC Chair Tom Perez described abortion as a “fundamental value” Friday in response to a backlash from abortion activists, according to the Daily Caller. The pro-abortion group NARAL attacked DNC leaders last week for supporting a candidate with a pro-life voting record.

http://www.lifenews.com/2017/04/24/demo ... f-get-out/

Gotta love the hypocrisy of the Left on this. Women's rights are vital. Woman's lives are vital. BUT, if you're "unborn", or, even a few inches away from being born, or (better yet), have drawn breath after a botched abortion, the medical staff legally can be charged if they help, you (even as a female) HAVE NO RIGHTS.

No estimate of the numbers of females destroyed by PP since 1973 when Roe became law, but I find it stunning that since Roe was implemented in 1973, there have been 58,586,256 lives taken away. Even if half were female, what does that do to the argument of the Left about "protecting females" when nearly 30 MILLION female lives were snuffed out - at a handsome profit to Planned Parenthood.

We jail Holocaust deniers and there's a movie out now about the Armenian genocide. Both of these events involved far, far fewer victims than the American abortion racket under Planned Parenthood and the Democrats selling their souls to "the cause".

Call it what it is folks.

If this were puppies or "the spotted whatever" who's habitat will be bowled over by a new road, the Left would be all over it. But, this is about "rights". Nah - it's about PROFIT, pure and simple.......

Riddick
Pirate

Democrats’ Self-Inflicted Abortion Problem

Post by Riddick » 04-25-2017 12:06 AM

Sen. Bernie Sanders's delayed endorsement of Jon Ossoff in the Georgia special election is exposing rifts in the Democratic Party. And now two top Democratic leaders are giving polar-opposite signals about the party's abortion stance.

Over the weekend, Democratic National Committee Chairman Thomas Perez drew a line against supporting any candidates who oppose abortion rights, only to have House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) rebuff him. And the split says plenty about Democrats' struggles to unify behind any cohesive political strategy -- specifically, whether to embrace purity or pragmatism. FULL STORY
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 04-25-2017 05:59 AM

The Democrats are having a very difficult time establishing an official identity. That they are flocking to Sanders - a registered Independent, shows just how desperate they truly are. Sanders has repeatedly said that he is NOT a Democrat - he's an Independent that caucuses with the Democrats, but he has been adamant in distancing himself from the Democrat Party

Riddick
Pirate

Priest: Pro-Life Dems Don't Have To Be 'Trapped In A Party That Clearly Doesn't Want Them'

Post by Riddick » 04-28-2017 03:05 AM

Since the Democrat Party rejects them, pro-life Democrats should switch parties, National Director of Priests for Life Father Frank Pavone is urging pro-life Democrats.

There are plenty of pro-life Democrat voters, Pavone noted, citing a poll showing that more than a quarter of party members want abortion to be illegal. Pro-abortion politicians are hypocrites, Pavone says, because they’re unwilling to discuss and defend the horrific details of abortion spelled out in medical textbooks.

But, pro-life Democrats don’t have to remain “trapped in a party that clearly doesn’t want them,” Pavone says:
  • “Meanwhile, what are those pro-life Democrats to do, trapped in a party that clearly doesn’t want them? Some work to change the party. But if the party doesn't listen, switch parties! Thanks to pro-life election victories last November, the pro-life movement is poised to make real strides toward abolishing abortion in our lifetime. Anyone who wants to work with us is welcome – regardless of party affiliation!”
FULL STORY
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

-Donald Trump Image

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 04-29-2017 08:32 AM

It (abortion) may become a non-issue eventually as polls show Gen X'ers and Millennials are increasingly Pro-Life, so the whole abortion-industry may just whither on the vine as its proponents die-off.

Riddick
Pirate

‘I Was a Democrat Until the Party Left Me on Life Issues,’ Voters Tell Former Congressman

Post by Riddick » 05-01-2017 11:57 PM

The former Democratic Michigan congressman who led his party’s fight to prevent President Barack Obama’s health care bill from containing pro-abortion mandates says Democrats are leaving the party due to their pro-life values.

In an exclusive interview with CNSNews.com, Former Rep. Bart Stupak (R-Mich.) said the party has more pro-life constituents than it realizes, but that number is shrinking because these voters are leaving the party, rather than sacrificing their values:
  • CNSNews.com: “As you mentioned, Kristen Day with Democrats for Life of America, and also Father Pavone with Priests for Life, have both cited numbers suggesting there is a significant portion of Democratic voters who are pro-life.”

Rep. Stupak: “There is, and there are a significant number that are pro-life – more than they know. And, those who no longer call themselves Democrats have probably moved to Independent, or they’d consider themselves moderate Republicans today.

“I can’t tell you how many people in my old district, even today come up and tell me, “You know, I was a Democrat until the party left me on the life issues, and I just can’t do that anymore, so I don’t identify as a Democrat anymore, so we appreciate your pro-life views. And, these are people who voted, probably Republican until I ran.”
Stupak served 18 years in Congress as a Michigan representative with the Democratic Party. He is now a partner in a Washington, DC, law firm.

http://www.cnsnews.com/blog/craig-banni ... ongressman

-Donald Trump Image

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 05-03-2017 11:13 AM

There is a shift in the Democrat's demographic, and, to their short-term detriment, the Party is tone-deaf to the facts. The Democrat Party used to be the political party of the conservative movement in this country in that the party had strong with immigrants who had strong Catholic backgrounds. So, when shaping social issues such as laws affecting the workplace: child labor, standardization of work day and work week, worker safety rules, and so on, the Democrats could count on their supporters since the party represented them in Congress.

With abortion rights, the paradigm shifted and the Democrats increasingly became hostile to what many Catholics still feel strongly about, namely, that ALL life is sacred. The national Democrat Party did their best to alienate and marginalize those whop held these beliefs and the voters, rather than coopt their beliefs, chose to find a party that was more in line with their beliefs on abortion, among other issues.

In 2017, the Roman Catholic Church is the largest Christian denomination in the US: "With 70.4 million members, it is the largest religious denomination in the United States, comprising 22% of the population as of 2017" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_ ... ted_States That's a LOT of people to piss off, and the Democrats have managed to do just that by increasingly telling them that their voice and opinion doesn't matter or count.

It is that same sense of entitlement and arrogance that has lead to the defection of Catholics from the Democrat Party. I'd be surprised if they ever see many of these voters return.......

Riddick
Pirate

The "Bully" Pulpit

Post by Riddick » 05-13-2017 11:58 PM

-Donald Trump Image

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 05-14-2017 07:59 AM

Yes, Riddick this is he same group that wants to force school districts into integrating the hijab at school, but wants the same schools to force kids to hide the crucifixes they wear around necks..........

Riddick
Pirate

Oklahoma House Declares Abortion 'Murder'

Post by Riddick » 05-15-2017 03:55 PM

The Oklahoma House of Representatives passed a resolution on May 8 declaring abortion to be murder and directing "every public official" in the state to use their authority "to stop the murder of innocent children by abortion."

The resolution does not have the force of law but it does reflect the policy view of the Oklahoma House, which has 101 members -- 74 Republicans, 26 Democrats, and 1 vacancy. The resolution, HR 1004, passed by voice vote, and was introduced by Rep. Chuck Strohm, R-Jenks.

Rep. Strohm, as reported in the Tulsa World, said the 10th and 14th amendments to the U.S. Constitution mean "no one -- not a doctor, not a father or a mother -- has rights that allow them to murder an unborn child."

The Supreme Court "had no authority to do what they did" in the 1973 Roe v. Wade decision, said Strohm. FULL STORY

-Donald Trump Image

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 05-15-2017 07:51 PM

Hypothetical situations -

Situation 1 - a pregnant woman in her 12th week is involved in a car accident and both mother and (developing) child are killed. The person driving the car is charged with two counts of murder.

Situation 2 - a pregnant woman in her 12th week goes to PP and gets an abortion. Mother lives, child dies. No charges filed.

Two completely different sets of standards at work for the child here. That, and PP makes a tidy profit......

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 05-15-2017 08:29 PM

And on the school front.......

Principal Resigns After Screaming at Pro-Life Teen: “I Don’t Give a S— What Jesus Says”

The principal of a Pennsylvania high school who was caught yelling profanities at a pro-life teenager resigned from his job Thursday.

Dr. Zach Ruff, an assistant principal at Downingtown STEM Academy in Chester County, initially was placed on administrative leave in April after a video showed him yelling and swearing at a pro-life teenager who was protesting on the sidewalk outside the school.
The Reporter News reports Ruff officially resigned Thursday to the Downingtown Area School Board.
“Dr. Ruff, the school board, administration and all members of the Downingtown Area School District would like to put this terribly unfortunate incident in the past to enable everyone to move forward,” the school district said in a statement. “The two demonstrators had a right to be on a public sidewalk and a legal right to speak there as well.”
The district conducted an investigative hearing with Ruff last Friday and suspended him without pay, the report states. The Philadelphia Daily News reports Ruff indicated at the hearing that he might resign; and several days later, he submitted his resignation.
“Dr. Ruff has acknowledged that the demonstrators had a right to be on a public sidewalk,” the school district said in its statement. “He acknowledged that his conduct cannot be defended or condoned, and he deeply regretted his actions as displayed on the video. This school district will not interfere with the rights of anyone to express themselves.”

http://www.lifenews.com/2017/05/12/prin ... esus-says/

Just why this "doctor" thought that this was acceptable behavior to begin with remains a mystery..........

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 05-15-2017 08:49 PM

kbot wrote:Just why this "doctor" thought that this was acceptable behavior to begin with remains a mystery..........
I doubt he put much thought into it. More likely, it was just a knee jerk personal resistance movement.

Had he been thinking he could have stopped himself. But as it was he couldn't resist the urge to resist.

-Donald Trump Image

Return to “Politics and Government 2014 - Present”