Trump's Security Breech

Moderator: Super Moderators

kbot
Pirate

Trump's Security Breech

Post by kbot » 05-15-2017 07:59 PM

So the MSM is all a-gaga over how Trump released classified information to the Russians, as reported in the Washington Post......

Trump revealed highly classified information to Russian foreign minister and ambassador

President Trump revealed highly classified information to the Russian foreign minister and ambassador in a White House meeting last week, according to current and former U.S. officials, who said Trump’s disclosures jeopardized a critical source of intelligence on the Islamic State

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/na ... 852158f655

What I'm wondering - and no one on cable at least, seems to be asking this question is, just WHO are the un-named individuals leaking information to WAPO?

If, according to this story, the MSM wasn't allowed in the meeting, there were only a few people actually in the room - some Russian officials, Russian media, US WH staff (which should all be identifiable). So, if this was a US official who has leaked this, then why isn't that person, or those people publicly speaking out on this?

My original assessment and guess for the tie frame when the Democrats would press for impeachment was, at the outside, two years. It's been brought down to one year, but now I'm thinking six months.......
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Riddick
Pirate

McMaster on Trump’s Conversation With Russians: ‘Real Issue’ Is Leaks

Post by Riddick » 05-17-2017 12:55 AM

National Security Adviser H.R. McMaster told reporters at the White House on Tuesday that he disagrees with the “premise” of a Washington Post report saying that President Trump inappropriately “revealed highly classified information” to the Russian foreign minister and ambassador at a White House meeting last week.

“What the president discussed with the foreign minister was wholly appropriate to that conversation and is consistent with the routine sharing of information between the president and any leaders with whom he’s engaged,” McMaster said.

McMaster said the “real issue” is leaks to the press: “And so I think the real issue, and I think what I’d like to see really debated more, is that our national security has been put at risk by those violating confidentiality and those releasing information to the press that can be used, connected with other information available, to make American citizens and other more vulnerable.”

Asked how the information got from the Oval Office to the Washington Post, McMaster said it’s important to find out. He also noted that this has happened a number of times in the Trump presidency. FULL STORY
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

kbot
Pirate

Re: Trump's Security Breech

Post by kbot » 05-17-2017 10:40 AM

I don't agree with Trump on a number of issues, but the frequency of "leaks" combined with WAPOs eagerness to rush to publish "news" involving national security issues is equally troubling. The pattern I see developing is that some "un-named source" leaks info to WAPO,WAPO in turn posts the story and all the other media outlets copy the WAPO story.

But, who checks WAAPOs story and verifies the accuracy of the reporting......?????
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Riddick
Pirate

The Swamp Strikes Back

Post by Riddick » 05-17-2017 08:40 PM

kbot wrote:I don't agree with Trump on a number of issues, but the frequency of "leaks" combined with WAPOs eagerness to rush to publish "news" involving national security issues is equally troubling.
A person doesn't have to be a huge Trump fan to be troubled by what's going on. The "Resistance" leaders don't care if he was duly elected. The sooner the better, whatever it takes, he needs to go.

The Global Elite/Deep State/Shadow Government/Establishment would cheer a premature departure. So Trump wants to drain the swamp? Well, we'll see. We may yet instead see the swamp drains him...
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

-Donald Trump Image

Riddick
Pirate

WH: Someone ‘Selectively Leaking Information … To Create A Narrative’ Should Be A Concern

Post by Riddick » 05-18-2017 12:16 AM

White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer said Tuesday that the American people should be concerned that someone is “selectively leaking information and facts” about the Trump administration to “create a narrative” and further an agenda.

During an off-camera gaggle with a reporter, Spicer responded to questions about a WaPo story that said President Trump inappropriately shared classified info with Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov and a Russian ambassador during a White House visit last week.

"We’re missing what was shared and the purpose," Spicer said, referring to ISIS, "To suggest that -- which I think is the nut of the question -- why wouldn’t we want to share a common threat and the efforts that both countries are taking to eradicate a threat that we both feel?"

“But there’s no indication that you guys went through the proper protocols,” the reporter asked.

“Hold on, with all due respect, you have no understanding of that. For you -- and I’m not -- but to sit back and say, because it hasn’t been leaked out -- I mean, that’s the nature of the leak,” Spicer said.

“Somebody is selectively leaking information and facts, and there’s a reason it’s selective; it’s because they’re trying to create -- you know, and again, for me to guess why -- but at least it appears as though somebody is trying to create a narrative or a problem,” he said.

“But to further suggest that somehow because you get one piece of a puzzle, that you know what the entire puzzle looks like -- even to suggest that that piece is accurate, which, in this case, you’ve heard our position on that - but this is clearly a pattern of people releasing sensitive information to further what appears to be someone’s agenda,” he said.

“And I think that, again, the president has raised this. Several people in the administration have raised this, but the idea that there is no concern or seemingly no concern over something like this being put out in the open I think is, frankly, concerning. And it should be to every American that we have information of a sensitive and classified nature that is being sent out into the open,” Spicer added.

FULL STORY

-Donald Trump Image

Riddick
Pirate

Democrat Asks, Why Is Intelligence Community Trying To Up-End President With These Leaks?

Post by Riddick » 05-18-2017 12:42 AM

Dennis Kucinich, a liberal Democrat and former congressman from Ohio, says he disagrees with Donald Trump on many issues, but “we have one president and he is being undermined by some people in intelligence.”

Kucinich spoke to Fox News Tuesday morning about a Washington Post report -- quoting unnamed “officials” -- that said President Trump revealed highly classified information at a meeting with Russian diplomats in the Oval Office last week:
  • There is a high B.S. quotient going on right here. And the meter should be going off all over town. We don't need to look to Russia for affirmation. We need to ask questions -- why is this intelligence community trying to up-end the president of the United States with these leaks?

Look, I disagree with President Trump on a number of issues, but on this one there can only be one president, and somebody in the intelligence community is trying to up-end this president in order to pursue a policy direction that puts us in conflict with Russia. The question is, why? And who? And we need to find out.
iIf the information revealed by Trump was so sensitive, “then why did Intel leak it to the Washington Post?”, Kucinich asked.“Whoever leaked it undermined the alliance. And that person or persons should be dealt with severely.” FULL STORY

-Donald Trump Image

Riddick
Pirate

"Democracy Dies In Anonymous Sourcing" By L. Brent Bozell III & Tim Graham (Excerpts)

Post by Riddick » 05-18-2017 01:03 AM

How many times must we attend the same movie? On Monday, the Washington Post offered another arrogant serving of the media's idea of "democracy" and "news." It loaded up a story full of anonymous "current and former U.S. government officials" with the headline "Trump reveals secret intelligence to Russians: Highly classified information on ISIS."

What exactly did Trump disclose? Once again, we don't know what. We don't even know if. One thing we do know: If news is defined as a quantifiable event, this isn't "news."

As we've seen so many times since Trump became president, these anonymous leaks are coming from nameless, faceless people whose motives might be pure but could be poisonous. It's also a pattern. Since Trump won the election, the Post has been caught in a string of over-aggressive anti-Trump stories that were based on anonymous sources and turned out to be untrue.

Earth to the Post: Your new motto is "Democracy Dies in Darkness," but anonymous sourcing is darkness. Every source who hides behind a wall as he tries to ruin other people's careers is a self-serving coward with a personal or political axe to grind.

In the current hothouse environment, with liberal media that define Trump as the antonym of democracy, the public should be wary of anonymous sources. This is especially true today. Newspapers that crusaded against Trump in their pages — both news sections and editorial pages — simply cannot be trusted. Theirs is not the pursuit of truth; it's the hunt for Donald J. Trump's scalp.

There's an obvious reason why the public holds journalists in low esteem and rejects the notion that they are watchdogs of government. Journalists are not trying to serve the voters with objective information. They're constantly trying to push, prod, shame and trick voters into their own political agenda, using whatever convenient information, misinformation or disinformation will serve their cause.

Journalists pat themselves on the back that they would never be "stenographers to power," but they're worse than that now. In their zeal to destroy Trump, they've become stenographers to anonymous power.

The media have something to hide. If we knew all the party affiliations, political contributions and secret agendas of their anonymous sources, it might be even more obvious that their reporting is much more advocacy than journalism.

FULL COLUMN

-Donald Trump Image

Riddick
Pirate

The Obama-Bezos-CIA-WaPo Link Coincidentally Lurking Behind Those Intel Community Leaks

Post by Riddick » 05-18-2017 01:57 AM

-Donald Trump Image

kbot
Pirate

Re: Trump's Security Breech

Post by kbot » 05-18-2017 10:56 AM

Thanks for the info Riddick.

I'm not a Trump fan. Didn't vote for him, but I couldn't stomach Hillary either.

Kucinich is correct in that Trump IS the president, and that, as law allows, if he wants to, and can declassify information, he can legally do that, and the MSM needs to chill.

I didn't think we'd hear the word "impeachment" until 2018/ 2019, but I heard it said in Congress this morning (from a session yesterday).

I think that this is being driven and WAPO is a player in this, and I think that this needs to be investigated as well.....

Return to “Politics and Government 2014 - Present”