Congress hurtles toward shutdown

Moderator: Super Moderators

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 01-19-2018 12:50 AM

The Democrats are under the impression that they Are going to win on DACA Without negotiation . That is NOT going to happen . A shutdown by the Democrats and Renegade Republicans is very very possible. One of those times to set in some cash and groceries, never a bad idea to have on hand, anyway.

CONGRESS

The House passed a bill to keep the government funded for another four weeks, but prospects in the Senate look dim.

Congress is careening toward the first shutdown in more than four years, with Republicans and Democrats at a seemingly intractable impasse over government funding and the fates of young immigrants facing deportation.

Though House Republicans voted Thursday night to keep the government open, the real drama is in the closely divided Senate, where it's unclear what, if anything, can clear the chamber's supermajority threshold. The Senate couldn't even agree on holding a vote on Thursday night, adjourning after Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell spurned Minority Leader Chuck Schumer's request to hold a vote and, assuming it failed, restart bipartisan negotiations on immigration and government spending levels.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/01/ ... ans-345532
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Doka
Pirate

Re: Congress hurtles toward shutdown

Post by Doka » 01-20-2018 01:00 PM

Well, here we are....... Technically a closed shop. This has been going on for years! The way it usually goes is the Dems always get what they want, because the Repubs are afraid of "Bad Press" get blamed for everything ! (anyway! )

So now is as good a time as any to take a Stand, the Dems own the press and after watching a few minutes of Watching each of the "Savage Ghoul Networks" and taking a shower(it may be how you catch the bad flu :shock: ) I see nothing has changed.

Ya know if they had let Trump have his "Wall" they would have won the DACA problem and allowed to keep, not only the Dreamers, but also the millions that Obamie shipped in to our country. Sooo it's NOT really about the GoodWill to illegals either.! The Dems seem to be stuck in perpetual "Temper Tantrum" mode. I'm always taken back by the Dems rendition of what America and Americans are. And their eagerness and willingness to rule by "Domination". And we cannot overlook those that Can Not live without being "Dominated" there are quite a lot of them, rather they desire holding the whip or being the whipped, doesn't seem to matter they fight equally as hard. Freedoms are like pouring salt on slugs to them.
The "Yes Dear" syndrome is alive and well.

At any rate this is a good time to stream line government, know for sure who the nonessentials are , not have them invited back.

I sure don't know what's going to happen or how long it will go on. All I really know is that key word here is "Negotiate" I do like the word And appreciate the "actions" it takes to proceed.

Definition of negotiate in English:

negotiate

VERB[WITH OBJECT]

1Obtain or bring about by discussion.

‘he negotiated a new contract with the sellers’

Synonyms

1.object Try to reach an agreement or compromise by discussion.

‘they refused to negotiate with the rebels’

Synonyms

2Find a way over or through (an obstacle or difficult route)

‘she cautiously negotiated the hairpin bend’

Synonyms

3Transfer (a cheque, bill, or other document) to the legal ownership of another person, who thus becomes entitled to any benefit.

3.1 Convert (a cheque) into cash or notes.

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/negotiate
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 01-21-2018 01:04 AM

A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Riddick
Pirate

Didn't We Just Have One Of These?

Post by Riddick » 02-09-2018 01:13 AM

It's Deja Vu All Over Again

A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 02-09-2018 01:05 PM

Doka wrote: 01-20-2018 01:00 PM Well, here we are....... Technically a closed shop. This has been going on for years! The way it usually goes is the Dems always get what they want, because the Repubs are afraid of "Bad Press" get blamed for everything ! (anyway! )

So now is as good a time as any to take a Stand, the Dems own the press and after watching a few minutes of Watching each of the "Savage Ghoul Networks" and taking a shower(it may be how you catch the bad flu :shock: ) I see nothing has changed.
Repubs afraid of bad press? Are you kidding? They are behind Trump 100% so they can't be that worried about bad press.

No DACA agreement! Yep, the Dem always get their way. You must be living on a different planet than I am.
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 02-09-2018 07:55 PM

You must be living on a different planet than I am.

I hope so, :D
KARMA RULES

Return to “Politics and Government 2014 - Present”