Turnabout Is Fair Play

Moderator: Super Moderators

Riddick
Pirate

Turnabout Is Fair Play

Post by Riddick » 01-26-2021 12:04 AM

Edited & Excerpted From Buck Throckmorton at Ace Of Spades HQ:

If Monster Tech can aggressively de-platform businesses and individuals for expressing forbidden opinions, then maybe it’s time for skilled tradesmen to respond in kind against the woke left.

Tradesmen I know are swamped with business right now, so it might be a good time for them to establish their own “terms of service” enabling them to deny services to advocates of cancel culture.

If working class “deplorables” can be targeted as hate-filled for simply supporting Trump, a tradesman’s Terms of Service can in turn declare any visible support for Democrats constitutes hate speech.

Broken down on the side of the road with a Bernie or Biden bumper sticker? Sorry – you’re going to have to find a wrecker that employs all 57 genders and declares all their pronouns. But Earl’s 24-Hour Wrecker won’t be towing your car today. Terms of service, you know.

Broken down furnace during a deep freeze? Too bad you advocated for a fracking ban on Facebook. That’s a violation of Smith HVAC’s terms of service. It looks like you’ll need to find yourself an HVAC company that can fix you up with 100% renewable energy if you want your heat back on.

Can such service be denied? The left is already doing it. In addition to the de-platformings by tech companies, some banks are refusing service to gun shop owners, retailers are banishing products from My Pillow, etc.

As Monster Tech defenders like to remind us, if I don’t want Facebook banishing me for having the wrong opinion, I can just go start my own social media monopoly. Well then, it’s not asking too much for the left to go start their own skilled trade services.

It shouldn’t have to come to this, but we’re already seemingly here. If we can only buy products and services from those within our political tribe, leftists are really going to hate the new rules when they’re in critical need of a skilled tradesman.

Excerpted From John Hinderaker at Power Line Blog:

I like Throckmorton’s idea. Decades ago, Ayn Rand envisioned the consequences if Atlas were to shrug. Isn’t that what we are talking about here? What if the people who actually know how to make the world run were to go on strike against those who want, not just to ridicule them, but to destroy them, and us?

OK, call it a pipe dream. No doubt it would be hard to organize a de-platforming of liberals, or a partial “strike” on the part of those who make our society function. But who knows? Maybe, in some fashion, it will happen one of these days. You may say that I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one.
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Return to “Politics and Government 2014 - Present”