Girl Scout Cookies Differ Depending On Where You Live

Discussions about food. Recipes, reviews, anything!

Moderator: Super Moderators

Riddick
Pirate

Girl Scout Cookies Differ Depending On Where You Live

Post by Riddick » 02-19-2016 04:17 AM

When you bite into a Thin Mint, you probably aren't wondering where it comes from. (The Girl Scouts, of course.) But wait, there are two bakers. And they make two very different Thin Mints: One is crunchier, more minty. The other is richer with a smooth chocolate coating.

Which cookies are you eating? Your local Girl Scouts decide. Depending on which Girl Scout jurisdiction you’re living in, your Thin Mints or Samoas might not be the same as someone in a different council jurisdiction say, 30 minutes away.

Along with telling you which you're getting, the LA Times' good cookie experts have broken down the differences between the two bakeries’ cookies (and importantly, how they taste) in a helpful graphic. Knowledge is power. LINK
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

voguy
Pirate

Re: Girl Scout Cookies Differ Depending On Where You Live

Post by voguy » 02-19-2016 05:48 PM

Just get me the recipe. I'll take it from there.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Post by Dude111 » 11-12-2016 05:10 AM

Thin Mints have become garbage here!!

They now have CARAMEL COLOUR in them and taste like crap..... Its really quite sad :(

Riddick
Pirate

Re: Girl Scout Cookies Differ Depending On Where You Live

Post by Riddick » 11-12-2016 07:26 AM

Dude111 wrote:Thin Mints have become garbage here!!

They now have CARAMEL COLOUR in them and taste like crap..... Its really quite sad :(
It's not just sad it's criminal!! What are they doing adding caramel color, anyway?

What unmitigated gall! I'm thoroughly appalled. When is this sort of crap ever going to stop? Or will it NEVER end?

Blackmail, that's all it can be, and that's what it is. They've got the goods on the Girl Scouts for sure... Another victory for the ICCC - aka the International Caramel Color Conspiracy!!
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Return to “Food”