Potatoes Are Awesome

Discussions about food. Recipes, reviews, anything!

Moderator: Super Moderators

Riddick
Pirate

Potatoes Are Awesome

Post by Riddick » 09-25-2017 10:53 PM

Spuds contain all 20 amino acids essential to the body’s survival. Consuming just five of them a day would give you all you need to build proteins, repair cells, and fight diseases. Yet if you sustained on white potatoes alone, you would eventually run into vitamin and mineral deficiencies.

Is there a single food that you can survive on forever? In all their awesomeness, potatoes come close but not close enough. FULL STORY
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

kbot
Pirate

Re: Potatoes Are Awesome

Post by kbot » 09-26-2017 10:44 AM

I had read once that during the 1800s the Irish were eating in average 10 lbs per day, for an average adult male, and that even though they were growing a lot in terms of wheat, barley and other grains, these were all earmarked for shipment to England. Meat was virtually unknown in the typical Irish diet as it was too expensive, and so when the famine hit, it hit them hard as this was their main means of sustenance and they didn't have any recourse.

I've heard that potatoes are very good for you - it's what's put on top that's the killer......
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Malaria_Kidd II
Pirate
Location: SW IN USA-UK Midlands SCANIAowner @ Sound Cloud - @ Supernaturalearth

Re: Potatoes Are Awesome

Post by Malaria_Kidd II » 09-26-2017 03:27 PM

"Is there a single food that you can survive on forever? In all their awesomeness, potatoes come close but not close enough."

Hey Riddick! I thought maybe chicken eggs might be be the "ringer" to add MORE nutrients to a diet of just potatoes. But once I read your interesting post, oops! :oops:

Hello kbot! After reading your brief post, I now know more that I ever did about that trying time in Ireland before and during their *Potatoe Famine. It's looks like Mum England's Crowned Elite took their grain stocks to make bread in London! :evil:

Stalin did the same thing in the 1930's to the residents of Ukraine, killing millions! :twisted:

MK II

*Potatoe has the squiggly red line. Hmm! Did former VP Dan Quayle just register at Fantastic Forum? :lol:
[*]@ #2 Find the eerie antedating of 12/7/1941 vs 9/11/01

#1 A

https://youtu.be/DUY8aSx8-yo

#1 B

🌎 🏔 🌏 🗻 🌍 🌋
https://youtu.be/ajRuvYMk30E

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/superna ... -t543.html

Return to “Food”