NASA administrator says space shuttle was a mistake

Moderator: Super Moderators

Oswald
Pirate

NASA administrator says space shuttle was a mistake

Post by Oswald » 09-28-2005 10:41 AM

The space shuttle and International Space Station — nearly the whole of the U.S. manned space program for the past three decades — were mistakes, NASA chief Michael Griffin said Tuesday.

Click for the rest of the story...
You tell those bastards that if they know what is good for them, they had better surrender because I will never be far away. -George S. Patton Jr.

Lord Moon
Pirate

I remember when this was decided...

Post by Lord Moon » 09-28-2005 10:54 PM

I think it was because those who didn't really want the space program realized they could still exploit it for their own political purposes, so they decided to have a space program that would be like a 4th of july parade down mainstreet, but without much real space exploration.....

Very similar to how the EPA came to be, those that were against the environmental movement realized that the time had come for an enviromnental organization, and though they opposed it, they knew it was coming anyway, so they founded the EPA as a way of making it look like there was a federal organization that would protect the environment, but since those evil people started it, they could prevent it from being effective, use it to hire their buddies, and protect business from the environmentalists...that was it's primary job, and still is....

Return to “Astronomy/ NASA/Physics”