Structures and artifacts on Pluto's moon Charon...

Moderator: Super Moderators

Bob-C
Pirate

Structures and artifacts on Pluto's moon Charon...

Post by Bob-C » 07-21-2015 11:12 PM

Hi everyone, . My processed image was obtained from the NASA Photojournal tif PIA19709.tif 2.502MB image. The image credit and image addition date are:

Image Credit: NASA/Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory/Southwest Research Institute
Image Addition Date: 2015-07-15

NASA's title for the image is:
"PIA19709: Charon's Surprising Youthful and Varied Terrain."

Here is the URL for both of the NASA Photojournal PIA19709 TIF and JPG images of Charon:

http://photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov/catalog/PIA19709

NASA states that: "Remarkable new details of Pluto's largest moon Charon are revealed in this image from New Horizons' Long Range Reconnaissance Imager (LORRI), taken late on July 13, 2015 from a distance of 289,000 miles (466,000 kilometers)."

Here is my processed cropped image of Pluto's largest moon Charon:

The red circle depicts a possible structure at the 8 o'clock position. The structure has a triangular/pyramidal shape that faces upward to the northeast. There appear to be 2 possible structures/buildings located at the 1 o'clock position in the red circle. These structures/artifacts are rectangular in shape. On the left side of the image straight across from the triangular structure are additional possible structures/artifacts of a tubular shape with one long tubular/rectangular structure that intersects at right angles with 2 other tubular/rectangular structures.

The blue circle depicts a large rectangular structure at the 5 o'clock position that appears to have 4 walls and the top of the structure appears to have either caved in or been destroyed or blown away. There appears to be a possible structure/building located at the 1 0'clock position in the blue circle. This structure/building appears to have openings/windows on both the top/roof, right side, and front of the structure/building.

Cheers, :)

Bob-C

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 07-22-2015 12:47 AM

I like this.
The heartbreaking necessity of lying about reality and the heartbreaking impossibility of lying about it.

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle

Bob-C
Pirate

Post by Bob-C » 07-22-2015 12:52 AM

Fan wrote: I like this.

Thanks Fran, great to hear from you.

I'm glad that you liked my post.

Have a great day.

Best,

Bob

Return to “Astronomy/ NASA/Physics”