How Eclipse Chasers Are Putting A Small Kentucky Town On The Map

Moderator: Super Moderators

Riddick
Pirate

How Eclipse Chasers Are Putting A Small Kentucky Town On The Map

Post by Riddick » 07-04-2017 12:10 AM

The coast-to-coast history-making "Great American Eclipse" is coming this summer. At the heart of it is Hopkinsville, Kentucky, which anticipates 100,000 visitors. FULL STORY
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Malaria_Kidd II
Pirate
Location: SW IN USA-UK Midlands SCANIAowner @ Sound Cloud - @ Supernaturalearth

Re: How Eclipse Chasers Are Putting A Small Kentucky Town On The Map

Post by Malaria_Kidd II » 07-04-2017 02:59 AM

Wow! What a boon for the feeder cattle HQ of Western Kaintuck Riddick. Much obliged and your posting this sent me to UFO PDQ. And those two are NOT alphabet agencies of the over regulating US Government! :lol:

I really enjoyed the article splaining the solar eclipse phenomenon coming August 21, 2017! And the August 21, 1955 Hoptown area's UFO/Et visitation out in the sticks! That brought back memories since I heard that one as a kid. :mrgreen:

MK II :D
[*]@ #2 Find the eerie antedating of 12/7/1941 vs 9/11/01

#1 A

https://youtu.be/DUY8aSx8-yo

#1 B

๐ŸŒŽ ๐Ÿ” ๐ŸŒ ๐Ÿ—ป ๐ŸŒ ๐ŸŒ‹
https://youtu.be/ajRuvYMk30E

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/superna ... -t543.html

fos
Pirate

Post by fos » 07-08-2017 06:47 PM

I am currently living in Kansas. I will making the short trek north to see a full eclipse first hand. I have been waiting for this one since I first saw a chart in a Stars pocket guide in the sixties.

I hope the weather is going to cooperate!

fos

Riddick
Pirate

Solar-Eclipse Fever Spawns A Surfeit Of Counterfeits

Post by Riddick » 07-29-2017 11:22 PM

Even as Americans gazing heavenward Aug. 21
for the rare sight of the sun disappearing behind the moon will need special dark glasses, Elijah Wolfson and a squad of Quartz reporters have found many for sale on Amazon may not be safe. FULL STORY
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

-Donald Trump Image

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 08-17-2017 10:12 AM

I am looking forward to seeing this, as I just happen to be very close to the direct path. Going to look for a site that is streaming it, for safety sake, as I'm not sure I can contain myself from looking at the sun more than I should with my already bad eyes. This is very exciting! :D

This info has no doubt already been posted but here it is again. :D

Total Solar Eclipse 2017: When, Where and How to See It (Safely)

https://www.space.com/33797-total-solar ... guide.html
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 08-17-2017 10:20 AM

Hey! How about some cool Space Music to go with the eclipse? :D

https://youtu.be/icgGyR3iusU
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 08-20-2017 12:35 PM

Tomorrow is the Big Day! We here , have a lot of people! What I find rather perplexing is that I have never seen so many "Chemtrailers" working the sky! Must be at least 10 of them doing the grids and Xs, covering the sky with "greasy" cloud cover. The sun is just an undefined, Semi- lighter spot in the sky.
Maybe TPTB don't want us to have a good view? :confused:
KARMA RULES

Malaria_Kidd II
Pirate
Location: SW IN USA-UK Midlands SCANIAowner @ Sound Cloud - @ Supernaturalearth

Post by Malaria_Kidd II » 08-20-2017 07:49 PM

Doka wrote: โ†‘08-20-2017 12:35 PM Tomorrow is the Big Day! We here , have a lot of people! What I find rather perplexing is that I have never seen so many "Chemtrailers" working the sky! Must be at least 10 of them doing the grids and Xs, covering the sky with "greasy" cloud cover. The sun is just an undefined, Semi- lighter spot in the sky.
Maybe TPTB don't want us to have a good view? :confused:
Aww, shucks! The spoil sports as pilots and deck hands of the gov'ment's Stratospheric Aerosol Injection Service were at it again! :oops:

My plans are to watch solar history slowly appear on the telly and on line just like you Doka.

There's been no mention of the partial solar eclipse during the Summer of 1998. We log truckers were parked at Benton, Illinois at Mickey D's on the west side of I-57. Our SCANIA and it's modified Transcraft log trailer were parked beside a small shade tree west of the drive-up window.

We never looked upwards but after a bit I said, "Look at the spots on my SCANIA's (white) hood!" The escaping light through the green leaves cast hundreds of tiny, easily discernible thimble sized partial eclipses in front of theSwedish truck's huge, one piece windshield :!:

8)

So after Midday tomorrow there will be a white, cardboard-like, plasticized packing crate cover under our little black walnut tree! :D

REF Matt Drudge Report news this AM: I hope North Korea does nothing weird tomorrow on "eclipse day" since yesterday it railed against the US military and South Korea's war games beginning tomorrow and lasting for 10 days! They had their own threat of "Fire and Fury" going AGAIN!

This past week on Coast with George Noory hosting John Hogue. John was wearing out all the crazy sh!t that's happened during past total solar eclipses'! Luckily for us it was mainly big earthquakes happening somewhere else. :(

Let's all pray nothing happens on Monday but the total eclipse of the sun! :idea:

MK II :|

I liked your links Doka! :D Thanks a lot!

Bonnie Tyler's "Total Eclipse of the Heart"

OMGosh :!: ..... :shock: .....her 305,075,562 views is the most views of any You Tube video I'd ever seen!

[*]@ #2 Find the eerie antedating of 12/7/1941 vs 9/11/01

#1 A

https://youtu.be/DUY8aSx8-yo

#1 B

๐ŸŒŽ ๐Ÿ” ๐ŸŒ ๐Ÿ—ป ๐ŸŒ ๐ŸŒ‹
https://youtu.be/ajRuvYMk30E

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/superna ... -t543.html

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 08-21-2017 11:18 AM

Well, this is some sad state of affairs. It's cloudy here in SE WI!

Oh well. At least there's still the Live NASA Stream

https://www.nasa.gov/eclipselive/#NASA+ ... ic+Channel

-Donald Trump Image

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 08-21-2017 07:28 PM

It was fairly clear here, easy to see the sun anyway. I watched with quite a large group and for me, it was more fun watching them, watching the eclipse. One little lady was a hoot, she was sitting in the shade and wanted to look at the sun, but absolutely refused to remove her "Eclipse" glasses, consequently , she could NOT see where she was going. So a friend and I gently led her where she could look up at the sun. :D

Then I went home and watched it on TV :wink:
KARMA RULES

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 08-21-2017 08:41 PM

The weather here didn't exactly cooperate. Even so, it was difficult to get outside. Tried getting some pics with my camera using those flimsy glasses as a filter (which of course didn't work well....). The ER EMTs and nurses from Pediatrics let me use their glasses which was better than just straight shooting.......
Attachments
8-21-20187 eclipse.jpg
8-21-20187 eclipse.jpg (34.11 KiB) Viewed 4385 times
8-21-2017 eclipse.jpg
8-21-2017 eclipse.jpg (3.67 KiB) Viewed 4385 times
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 08-21-2017 08:42 PM

-Donald Trump Image

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 08-21-2017 10:52 PM

-Donald Trump Image

Return to โ€œAstronomy/ NASA/Physicsโ€