Remember when we has a RESPONSIBLE President???

Archive - Caveat Emptor!

Moderator: Super Moderators

spiritme
Pirate

Post by spiritme » 09-26-2004 10:35 AM

HECK
I AM GOING TO PUT MY TWO CENTS HERE.....
DURING THE CLINTON YEARS I WAS MAKING A BETTER WAGE AND HAD MORE WORK THEN WE COULD KEEP UP WITH...
NOW I AM MAKING 5 DOLLARS LESS THEN THAT AND I HAVE TO WORK A SPLIT SHIFT TO EVEN MAKE ENDS MEET.
I COULD SAVE MONEY.......I COULD FEEL CONFIDENT THAT THERE WOULD ALWAYS BE JOBS THERE IF THAT ONE FELL THROUGH.
MICHIGAN IS IN THE PITS AND I AM SICK JOF WATCHING GOOD FRIENDS PULL OUT OF HERE AND LEAVING BECAUSE THERE IS NO WORK.
I EMAILED MR. BUSH ABOUT THIS AND OF COURSE I GOT NOTHING BACK....
DIDN'T EXPECT ONE EITHER...
HE KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING AND HE IS DAMN PROUD IF IT.
THIS IS TRUELY A PLAN BY THE RIGHT TO USHER IN THE NEW WORLD ORDER AND EVERYONE KNOWS IT.
THE ONES THAT AREN'T SAYING IT ARE THINKING IT....BUT THEY ARE SCARED AS HELL TO SAY IT ALOUD ....BECAUSE THEN MY FRIENDS IT WOULD BE TRUE.
PATHETIC AND EMBARRASSING FOR O;UR COUNTRY TO BE IN THIS SITUATION.
HIS OWN PARTY HAS HAD MANY POW-WOWS WITH REST ASSURED AND THEY GET NO WHERE.
BECAUSE HE TRUELY BELEIVES THAT GOD WANTED HIM TO DO THIS?
CHECK HIM IN TO THE NEAREST HOSPITAL AND SCAN HIS BRAIN FOR ANY THING RESEMBLING BRAIN MATTER.
I FEEL BETTER NOW.....BUT ONLY UNTIL SOME RIGHT WINGED FRINGE NUT TALKS ABOUT HOW WE WILL BE SAFE WHEN ASSCROFT DECIDED TO TELL THE PRESS THAT WE ARE GOING TO BE ATTACKED AGAIN......GEE......SEEMS MIGHTY STRANGE WITH ALL OF THE THREATS WE HAVE HAD SINCE 9/11....THAT WE HAVE NOT BEEN AND THERE IS THE THEORY OF BUSH DOING THIS TO US TO MAKE HIMSELF THE APPOINTED PROTECTOR AND GOD OF OUR NATION. GET HIM ON SOME MEDS FOR CRYING OUT LOUD AND THEN BOOT HIS CRAWFORD TEXAS BUTT OUT OF THERE....
WAKE UP AMERICA......
SMELL THE COFFEE OR YOU WILL BE COMING TO US IN A SHORT WHILE AND SAYING THINGS LIKE " OF MY GOD .....YOU WERE RIGHT.....AND THEN I CAN SAY ......IT'S ALRIGHT....SOME OF US GET IT AND SOME DON'T.....BUT YOU CAN THANK BUSH FROM NOW ON TO THE DAY AFTER ELECTION FOR ALL THAT IS ABOUT TO HAPPEN AND I CAN GUARANTEE..YOU RIGHT WINGERS WON'T LIKE IT WHEN IT IS AFFECTING YOUR FAMILIES AND YOUR PAY CHECK AND YOUR CHILDREN'S FUTURE....!
REST IN PEACE AMERICA!
SPIRITME

*notice- please do not post in all caps. It is not good netiquette and is considered shouting. Thanks

lrs
Pirate

Post by lrs » 09-26-2004 09:08 PM

Mercury wrote: Irs,
I think you have a reading comprehension problem:Joolz did not call you (or anyone) 'dumb.' But maybe you are.

Joolz simply said "Irs, this is dumb crap" (i.e. "this" = the view you express in your post).... or, is your name "this" ?? ( hummm...and all this time, I thought your name was 'Miss Thing')

Anyway, let's review: IF Joolz wanted to say YOU are dumb, the sentence would have read "Irs, YOU are dumb crap".... Got it? Good. I know Bush fans tend to be complete strangers to nuance and the finer intricacies of the English language, but please!

No you're not.

Remember back in, like, 2003? When some of us here were actually...friends?

See you in better times.

Jesus. As beautiful as you think you guys are, you're that ugly right now. Hope that translates.

Bye.

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 09-26-2004 11:09 PM

lrs wrote: Remember back in, like, 2003? When some of us here were actually...friends?

See you in better times.

Jesus. As beautiful as you think you guys are, you're that ugly right now. Hope that translates.

Bye.

lrs... Sorry, my FRIEND, but you are the one who inserted "ugliness" here on this thread where a few people were trying to recall what were, FOR THEM, better times. Many of us are AFRAID of the direction we see the country headed in. Your comments:

"Someone who wasn't getting wahoos while he held court in the Oval Office. Or renting out the Lincoln bedroom. Or stealing the silver from Air Force One.

I'm not trying to intrude, you guys. I just thought it would be fun to post the other side.

Have at it.
lrs"

were insenitive to others here.

I called it as I saw it. If that makes me "ugly" in your eyes, so be it. I never claimed to be "beautiful." That is your perception, but has nothing to do with my reality.

You seem to think it's OK for you to make a "drive-by" post that makes false claims and insults me and others who were posting here by saying "Have at it" at the end (for fun?), but no one can say anything to you about it? Real friendship doesn't work that way.
Last edited by Joolz on 09-26-2004 11:11 PM, edited 1 time in total.
Image Anchors Aweigh!

lrs
Pirate

Post by lrs » 09-27-2004 08:33 PM

Joolz wrote: lrs... Sorry, my FRIEND, but you are the one who inserted "ugliness" here on this thread where a few people were trying to recall what were, FOR THEM, better times. Many of us are AFRAID of the direction we see the country headed in. Your comments:

"Someone who wasn't getting wahoos while he held court in the Oval Office. Or renting out the Lincoln bedroom. Or stealing the silver from Air Force One.

I'm not trying to intrude, you guys. I just thought it would be fun to post the other side.

Have at it.
lrs"

I called it as I saw it. If that makes me "ugly" in your eyes, so be it. I never claimed to be "beautiful." That is your perception, but has nothing to do with my reality.

You seem to think it's OK for you to make a "drive-by" post that makes false claims and insults me and others who were posting here by saying "Have at it" at the end (for fun?), but no one can say anything to you about it? Real friendship doesn't work that way.

Hey Julie.

Coould you please re-read Merc's post? (sic): "Joolz didn't call you dumb, but I do"???? I'm not suppose to take offense to that?

I used the word "ugly" because it was hyperbole. Obviously, you're beautiful in my eyes. Hence, the hyperbole.

But my computer will crash any second now. Please see below.

lrs
Pirate

Post by lrs » 09-27-2004 08:40 PM

My main thing is this: I can't believe you guys are so consumed with hatred.....Oh God.

I should instead say: "So opposed to the policies of this President", that you're willing to trash friendships over it. God.

And we did...used to be friends. All of us. Sorry if you've forgotten that.

That's what upsets me the most.

Anyway, back to the All-Important Election.

See you on the other side,
laura

lrs
Pirate

Post by lrs » 09-27-2004 08:49 PM

Joolz wrote:

Have at it.
lrs"

I called it as I saw it.

Okay, back to business then.

(not necesarily quoting you, but definitely other Pirates on the Ship).

"George Bush is a Nazi".

"George Bush is the anti-Christ".

"George Bush is the re-incarnation of Hitler".

"George Bush will end the world".

"The planes were drones that were driven into the buildings by Dick Cheney."

"September 11th was an American conspiracy".

"The election was stolen".

etc. etc. etc.

And my little comment about wahoos was insensitive???????????????????

Corvid
Anchors Aweigh

Post by Corvid » 09-27-2004 10:08 PM

lrs wrote: Someone who wasn't getting wahoos while he held court in the Oval Office. Or renting out the Lincoln bedroom. Or stealing the silver from Air Force One.

Have at it.
lrs

Lrs... this was your post. Most have no problem with the "wahoos" (we call them blow jobs) but no one died because of them.

I have a major problem with "....renting out the Lincoln bedroom". The problem I have with that is that the ditto heads parroted the vulgar pigboy rush and said that kennyboy was a guest of President Clinton.... FRELLING WRONG kennyboy was guest of the FIRST bushmonkey.

Lies bother me.

Second mistake was ".... stealing the silver from Air Force One". FRELLING WRONG AGAIN. This never happened. It is a pnac lie.

Any person who claims it did happen.... is an ignorant parrot not interested in facts.

So you see Lrs..... if you post ignorant lies and pnac crap.... do not be surprised by golden showers.

Just open your eyes to the truth!

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 09-27-2004 10:25 PM

lrs wrote: Hey Julie.

Coould you please re-read Merc's post? (sic): "Joolz didn't call you dumb, but I do"???? I'm not suppose to take offense to that?

I did read Merc's post. And I don't think he called you "dumb" either. All he said was "Maybe you are." Are you? If you don't think you're dumb, then there isn't anything to worry about. But why yell at me when it was what Merc said that made you mad? Talk to Merc about it.
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 09-27-2004 10:48 PM

Originally posted by lrs
My main thing is this: I can't believe you guys are so consumed with hatred.....Oh God.
I am not consumed with hatred for anything. I may be consumed, but it is NOT with hatred. I am consumed with dread, apprehension, and a feeling in the pit of my gut that gnaws every day. It isn't hatred, lrs. It's deep sadness. It's horror. It's a fear that something I love is dying. It's definitely not hatred. Nowhere near it. I'm angry, yes. I'll freely admit that. But there's a difference between anger and hatred, and I really resent being told that I am "consumed with hatred." Perhaps "consumed with anger" would be more accurate, but even my anger isn't born of hatred. My anger is born of love for that which we are losing, and the deep sadness I feel. My anger focuses on a fight for that which I love--much the same as a mother will fight for a child, or that child for her mother.
I should instead say: "So opposed to the policies of this President", that you're willing to trash friendships over it. God.
It's not about being "so opposed to the policies of this president" for me. It goes much, much deeper than that, and THIS is what you (and it seems others as well) don't get.

What you don't seem to understand is that this president is nothing but a symbol, a figurehead, for me. What he represents is what I dread and is where the seat of my apprehesion focuses, and it focuses there for one reason only--and that is that what I see goes far deeper than a mere election of one man to one office. I see a hydra with many heads. I see something growing that is dark and that does not have the best interests of either you or I in its sights. I see America sitting at a crossroads. We are about to make a choice about which path we will choose to walk along. Only two paths are open to us. One leads into darkness and horror, a path that I do not wish to see us venture further along. One leads into still not quite brilliant light, but is a path that will give us chance to restore what we are losing.

If you can't see this, then maybe you are just one of the "lucky" ones.
And we did...used to be friends. All of us. Sorry if you've forgotten that.

That's what upsets me the most.
I have forgotten nothing. But I am also not the one who proclaims that friendships are being sacrificed to a political god. That is NOT my choice.
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 09-27-2004 10:56 PM

lrs wrote: Okay, back to business then.

(not necesarily quoting you, but definitely other Pirates on the Ship).

"George Bush is a Nazi".

"George Bush is the anti-Christ".

"George Bush is the re-incarnation of Hitler".

"George Bush will end the world".

"The planes were drones that were driven into the buildings by Dick Cheney."

"September 11th was an American conspiracy".

"The election was stolen".

etc. etc. etc.

And my little comment about wahoos was insensitive???????????????????

If the above statements upset you, then please address those who say them instead of tossing all of that out at me. Thanks.

And yes... perhaps if you can understand even a small portion of what I said in my previous post, then you will see why it was insensitive. Perhaps not.

There is a difference in perception here, I think. What I perceive and what you perceive are obviously different. For me, what we are facing is serious. And it causes me pain. It isn't frivolous or light-hearted. And it isn't about hating anyone or anything.

And, as Corvid pointed out... the "wahoo" part wasn't what was upsetting. It was the other stuff that I called "dumb crap," and I stand by that.
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 09-27-2004 11:04 PM

I don't see the point in continuing to argue, lrs, so as far as I'm concerned, I've said all I have to say on this. I hope that maybe you understand where I'm coming from a little better, but if you don't, I accept that.
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Iris
Pirate

Post by Iris » 09-28-2004 12:13 AM

Beautifully said, Joolz. You speak for many of us.

This is not about Bush or Kerry, or Democrats or Republicans, or right or left, or about who is friends on FF. Anyone who thinks that needs to back up and see the bigger picture.

It's time for us to stop accepting "business as usual," as it's been presented to us for our whole lives and was presented to our parents before us. Huge changes have to be made, and we're running out of time. If we don't make them, who will? Will our children and our grandchildren even get the chance? Do we even have a chance? We have to.
We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately. B. Franklin

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 09-28-2004 10:15 AM

Iris -- yes huge changes HAVE occurred.

- - -

The problem is many were 'blind' to the changes that were going on in the past administration -- changes that manifested in the current one. These changes involved terrorism to a great extent. They involved corruption going on that was 'allowed' to continue until they were exposed. (Not that I am saying they were allowed through direct knowledge but that they we were not paying attention.)

While the dotcoms were falsely creating a high, places like Enron and World Com and others were becoming more and more corrupt. While the terrorists were hitting targets OUTSIDE of the USA - and we weren't doing much about it even when they hit our OWN embassies--we were caught up in the Monicagate. Like it or not the moral decay was wide-spread due to that situation.

OH sure there was a false sense of prosperity, but it all went tumbling down as discovery was made of dotcom fiasco's and the large corruptions were exposed.

Its not JUST the falls in stock markets (when dot coms went poof) or the loss of several major corps that were corrupt, or 9-11, its everything combined. Corps allowed to go overseas didn't JUST happen since 2000 -- they started with the passing of NAFTA.

- - -
SO here's the question - when things were going so GOOD for people financially - did they put anything aside? Save it away? Or like many people did they go out and over-extend -- getting THINGS -- ??

- - -

tansi
Pirate

Post by tansi » 09-28-2004 02:47 PM

I know a little something about the dot.bomb implosion. I used to work for a dot.com company that many of you would know. While we approached 1990, my intuition was screaming that a disaster was looming. I didn't have any knowledge about or education in finance and was surrounded by a bunch of MBAs who, after one last merger, took our company over like the Borg, sold off our most profitable division, pushed out our founders (who'd been a joy to work for, for the record), and proceded to destroy the rest of the company we'd grown from 2 to 600 employees in under 5 years.

I became aware of such things as "vaporware" and "liquidity event". These over-educated morons hired a manager (another newly-minted MBA) for the web-dev division who had to be taught to use her browser (I swear I am not kidding)! While we continued to take in customers, our papered literatii gutted the customer support department and fired its popular manager, bringing in yet another MBA with no experience or compassion for the staff or customers. Morale was so bad, by the time of the inevitable bankrupcy I was so happy to be pink-slipped I did a dance. The one guy left in the department cried because he did not get fired.

None of these things were Clinton's fault. All of these things were happening before he got his wahoos, and they are all still happening today. Corporate greed and stupidity (arguably traditionally "Republican" values) are still at epidemic proportions. The MBA mentality is still to treat business as a means to the All Mighty Goal, the Mystic "Liquidity Event" on the stock market followed by a quick "Exit Strategy" ("Pump and Dump" by any other name smells the same).

If you want to point fingers at that, point them squarely at the business culture that supports the utterly abominable idea that business is not about providing value for value, it is not about the long haul, about improving our lives and contributing to our communities, but is nothing more than a complicated game of stock market roulette.

When the stock market went "poof" I lost my retirement savings. It wasn't much on the Enron scale ... only $150,000 ... but it was everything I had. I could see it coming but it was like watching a train wreck in slow motion. There was nothing I could do to save myself.

I would happily pay Monica to come back and service W if I thought there was any connection between a wahoo in the White House and the epidemic of corporate dysfunction in America. On the other hand, there certainly is a connection between the current wahoo in the White House, and lies, wars, gutting of social programs.

Mercury
Pirate

Post by Mercury » 09-28-2004 07:49 PM

Irs,
Enough! I've seen you pull this passive/aggressive act before. You bop on in to the thread, unload your gun, then in a cocky aside ask us to " "[h]ave at it." When we do, (and you don't like the answers) you mischaracterize what is said and complain like a manipulative little kindergaten girl how "mean" and "nasty" the other kids are. "MOMMY! THEY CALLED ME DUMB!" "uhaa, uhaa, uhaaa." Please. Drop the veil princess and get over yourself; you're an adult. You know exactly what you were doing.

Anyway, there are too many other interesting posts here to waste more time being led by you down some phoney diversionary psychobabble path. ("weren't we all friends?" "ohh the ugly hate" "where's the love?" "I wuv bunnies" ....yeah, sure. )

If you really do dislike stirring up a river of $hit, you would put down your own paddle. But I doubt that will happen: My guess is that you love the attention.

Now, can we get back to politics? Do you have anything more to say about Bush, Clinton, Wahoos etc? Or no?
Last edited by Mercury on 09-28-2004 08:26 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Politics and Government Pre-2007”