Britain is stunned !!!!

Archive - Caveat Emptor!

Moderator: Super Moderators

daboodaddy
Pirate

Post by daboodaddy » 11-03-2004 09:43 AM

Sad to say, I agree with Lord Moon.
Democracy is no more unless people stand up to this trajedy, called Election 2004.
Question EVERYTHING, even your OWN thoughts.
A "Daboodaddyism"

spaceprophet
Pirate

Good News, Bad News

Post by spaceprophet » 11-03-2004 09:45 AM

The good news: We can probably stop worrying about George W. Bush running for president in 2008.

The bad news: I don't want to talk about it.

NeelyGirl
Pirate

Post by NeelyGirl » 11-03-2004 09:46 AM

No Kidding.
I don't want to talk about it.
Wiggle your big toe.

civilian
Pirate

Stalin said - I don't care who votes, as long as I count the

Post by civilian » 11-03-2004 09:58 AM

I don't blame the American people, they did their duty and I believe the vast majority voted for Kerry, but the votes were siphoned off due to the dreaded no paper trail DIEBOLD machines. The huge turnout was the vote for Kerry, the people have been denied once more.
How long will you stand for this?
The founding Fathers wouldn't put up with it.

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Post by joequinn » 11-03-2004 10:03 AM

Instead of feeling stunned, Great Britain should being gearing up for the electoral fight of ITS life. The last that I heard, Tony Blair was STILL the Prime Minister of Great Britain and had NO plans to retire. Stop worrying about Amerika, Great Britain! Your own survival as a parliamentary democracy is at stake now!

Conspiracy Theorist is quite right. We are allowing the current squabble over the Electoral College vote count to distract us from the facts that (a) Bush is leading Kerry by approximately 3% in the national popular vote, thereby legitimating fully his 2000 coup d'etat, and (b) the Senate, the traditional legislative bulwark against the wild extremism of the House, is now more rabidly radical than it has ever been.

Let's face facts. Confronted with the evidence about affairs both foreign and domestic, the Amerikan people knowingly and willingly voted for fascism. That's the bottom line, folks. There is no other.

I am reminded what the old Emperor Claudius said in CLAUDIUS THE GOD when he discovered, at the end of his long life, that nobody really wanted the Republic that he spent his life struggling to restore: "Let all the poisons that lurk in the mud hatch out!" That's what I say now, folks: let all the poisons that lurk in the Amerikan mud hatch out!
"Fuggedah about it, Jake --- it's Chinatown!"

Lord Moon
Pirate

Religion will be a great comfort

Post by Lord Moon » 11-03-2004 10:49 AM

Religion will be a great comfort for those that survive the coming calamity....at least at first..... but in time those that live will envy the dead....

BenSlain
Pirate

Post by BenSlain » 11-03-2004 11:16 AM

This is getting ridiculous. You know your in dread city when Joequinns post is the most cheerful one on the whole thread.
Put in a prison cell, but one time he could-a been The champion of the world.

racehorse
Pirate

Post by racehorse » 11-03-2004 11:19 AM

Senator John Kerry has just called President Bush and conceded the Presidential Election. Kerry will make a formal statement at 1PM EST.

Congratulations to President Bush on his historic win in receiving more popular votes than any other Presidential candidate in History.

_______

http://www.drudgereport.com

OHIO
100% of Precincts Reporting
Bush 51% 2,794,346
Kerry 48% 2,658,125

NATIONAL
99% of Precincts Reporting
Bush 51% 58,301,150
Kerry 48% 54,782,697 O
Last edited by racehorse on 11-03-2004 11:43 AM, edited 1 time in total.
racehorse

NeelyGirl
Pirate

Post by NeelyGirl » 11-03-2004 11:40 AM

BenSlain wrote: This is getting ridiculous. You know your in dread city when Joequinns post is the most cheerful one on the whole thread.

Ben, you know how I feel, and how<for the most part> I think.

I'm just super surprised, and disgusted. I have the right to be that way. I will have to "move on"..but it's early.

PEACE TO EVERYONE ON THIS SHIP.
Wiggle your big toe.

NeelyGirl
Pirate

Post by NeelyGirl » 11-03-2004 11:45 AM

One thing: WHY are the exit polls COMPLETELY opposite of the results??? Was it a big "plan" to lie???

Just doesn't make any sense to me??!!!
Wiggle your big toe.

Lord Moon
Pirate

America has passed judgement on itself..

Post by Lord Moon » 11-03-2004 11:49 AM

America has passed judgement on itself.. at least half the population will die in the coming conflagration...and the world will not mourn our passing into the oblivion that awaits us... instead they will feel relieved... because they now view us as the evil empire...

though W. won't be able to run again... don't forget that Jeb Bush can run... he's very popular in Florida... and then after that there will be Neal.....though probably there won't be elections by then anyway because there won't be enough civilization left to really have a vote....
Last edited by Lord Moon on 11-03-2004 12:56 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Ninerism
Pirate

Re: Britain is stunned !!!!

Post by Ninerism » 11-03-2004 01:23 PM

Alien_UK wrote: Britain woke up this morning totally dismayed that you could revote for Bush.
I for one am stunned and disappointed. In fact I feel a little depressed by the results so far. All that is going around my mind this morning is why oh why?

We British actually thought that the huge turn out were to vote for Mr. Kerry's campaign.
I think this will damage relations between Europe and America. I can’t begin to tell you how disappointed we are. But then again it’s your country and your vote and that I personally have respect for. But the problem as I see it is, it actually affects the rest of the world, to me that means another 4 years of chaos and destruction. For me personally it’s a dark day, but in saying that life goes on, businesses usual.

Alien_UK, although I had been stating and predicting my sensing/feeling that BUSH TWO would win, that still does not mean that I am not thoroughly stunned, too! I was sickened last night to see all those RED States glaring at me all night long, wondering what they hell half of America was thinking in voting for BUSH TWO, or ostensibly voting for him (unless there was widespread DIEBOLD deceptions played against us?).

We now have our own CRUSADE -- and it will over-take us if allowed to continue.

Ninerism

BenSlain
Pirate

Post by BenSlain » 11-03-2004 01:40 PM

NeelyGirl wrote: One thing: WHY are the exit polls COMPLETELY opposite of the results??? Was it a big "plan" to lie???

Just doesn't make any sense to me??!!!

The answer to that question is....They weren't all completely opposite. Most of the major ones were calling it to close to call. A lot of them were hopefully slanted. One that was wrong was the one calling Pennsylvania to close to call. Kerry clobbered Bush there. So what happened? If you just looked at polls posted here then you missed out on the others. I can find you polls that will tell you anything that you want to hear.

NeelyGirl
Pirate

Post by NeelyGirl » 11-03-2004 01:41 PM

I can find you polls that will tell you anything that you want to hear.

I will agree with you on that.
Wiggle your big toe.

BenSlain
Pirate

Re: America has passed judgement on itself..

Post by BenSlain » 11-03-2004 01:44 PM

Lord Moon wrote: America has passed judgement on itself.. at least half the population will die in the coming conflagration...and the world will not mourn our passing into the oblivion that awaits us... instead they will feel relieved... because they now view us as the evil empire...

though W. won't be able to run again... don't forget that Jeb Bush can run... he's very popular in Florida... and then after that there will be Neal.....though probably there won't be elections by then anyway because there won't be enough civilization left to really have a vote....

Ya know Lord. I think you should be a writer of science fiction. You have a way of putting things to paper. I think you would be really successful at it. Seriously. I'm not joking. Give it a shot.

Return to “Politics and Government Pre-2007”