Not one dime!

Archive - Caveat Emptor!

Moderator: Super Moderators

Faedrea
Pirate

Not one dime!

Post by Faedrea » 01-19-2005 11:20 PM

edit: This is for those interested and not an order of course :) :

Incase no one has heard yet, remember tomorrow, if you are against Bush, the NWO and the police state....NOT ONE DAMN DIME. Its been all over blogs and message boards everywhere. If you are against this war and want to make a statement, join millions tomorrow by not spending any money at all.

Bush has been met with protest in every city, country, part of the globe he visits. We've held vigils, we've prayed, we've held signs, we've chanted, people have even set themselves on fire and ran through the white house gates, one guy approached Dick Cheney and tried to talk with him and was arrested...the list goes on. No, the only thing Bush and his cronies seem to understand is MONEY. So let's say a large resounding NO to corporate fascist capitalism by not spending ONE DIME tomorrow on the Fuerer Chimp's coronation. People all over the globe are partipating in this.

If you disagree with the election fraud that has taken place....On January 20th....Not ONE dime.

Faedrea
Pirate

Post by Faedrea » 01-19-2005 11:28 PM

Oops, almost forgot this:

http://www.notonedamndime.com/boycott/

Faedrea
Pirate

Post by Faedrea » 01-19-2005 11:30 PM

Also, for your boycott, please especially focus in on Walmart, K-Mart, Target, and all fastfood chains.

Here is a little more info:

NOT ONE DAMN DIME DAY

Since our leaders don't have the moral courage to speak out against the war in Iraq, Inauguration Day, Thursday, January 20th, 2005 is "Not One Damn Dime Day" in America.

On "Not One Damn Dime Day" those who oppose what is happening in our name in Iraq can speak up with a 24-hour national boycott of all forms of consumer spending.

During "Not One Damn Dime Day" please don't spend money, and don't use your credit card. Not one damn dime for gasoline. Not one damn dime for necessities or for impulse purchases. Nor toll/cab/bus or train ride money exchanges. Not one damn dime for anything for 24 hours.

On "Not One Damn Dime Day," please boycott Walmart, KMart and Target. Please don't go to the mall or the local convenience store. Please don't buy any fast food (or any groceries at all for that matter).

For 24 hours, please do what you can to shut the retail economy down. The object is simple. Remind the people in power that the war in Iraq is immoral and illegal; that they are responsible for starting it and that it is their responsibility to stop it.

"Not One Damn Dime Day" is to remind them, too, that they work for the people of the United States of America, not for the international corporations and K Street lobbyists who represent the corporations and funnel cash into American politics.

"Not One Damn Dime Day" is about supporting the troops. The politicians put the troops in harm's way. Now 1,200 brave young Americans and (some estimate) 100,000 Iraqis have died. The politicians owe our troops a plan -- a way to come home.

There's no rally to attend. No marching to do. No left or right wing agenda to rant about. On "Not One Damn Dime Day" you take action by doing nothing. You open your mouth by keeping your wallet closed.

For 24 hours, nothing gets spent, not one damn dime, to remind our religious leaders and our politicians of their moral responsibility to end the war in Iraq and give America back to the people.

Please share this as an email with as many people as possible, and please express your opinion at http://www.NotOneDamnDime.com .

daboodaddy
Pirate

Post by daboodaddy » 01-19-2005 11:37 PM

Already gassed up and with necessities.;)
Question EVERYTHING, even your OWN thoughts.
A "Daboodaddyism"

daboodaddy
Pirate

Post by daboodaddy » 01-20-2005 12:05 AM

My empire for a really crisp icestorm, after the protests.:D The parades, the daytime activities We the Paeons can participate in. Icestorms very late afternoon after the protestors have gone. When the Elite wish to party at our expense. :D :D :D
Question EVERYTHING, even your OWN thoughts.
A "Daboodaddyism"

Jon-Marcus
Pirate

Not one damn dime

Post by Jon-Marcus » 01-20-2005 07:31 AM

While I aplaude the basic idea, I must also point something out :
Who will this hurt?
The Government? No. Giant mega-corporations? No. Both have no fear of this because of the taxes/profits of the days, weeks, and months that come before today, and those that come after today.
So again: who does it hurt?
How about the guy who runs the local family-owned conveniance store? Hell yes.
Just food for thought.
"You have forgotten the face of your father." Roland Deschain

Bellisima
Pirate

Re: Not one damn dime

Post by Bellisima » 01-20-2005 10:44 AM

Jon-Marcus wrote: While I aplaude the basic idea, I must also point something out :Who will this hurt?
It won't hurt anyone, Jon-Marcus. Consumers bought what they wanted yesterday or will buy what they want tomorrow.

Today, we hope to make a statement of what united people could do if this illegal, immoral, ungodly war continues. It is, plain and simply, a warning that we could stop buying anything but the bare necessities for as long as it takes to end this war.

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 01-20-2005 03:35 PM

IF the insurgeants would QUIT - the war is over, but its the insurgeants who refuse to allow the people the freedom of choice.

Maybe we should throw rotten eggs at all the insurgeants? Or change THEIR minds -- but lots of luck in doing so.

= = =
As for spending a dime - guess many people don't care one way or the other - busy day! Just like the GAS war protests for high prices -- didn't do anything.

Bellisima
Pirate

Post by Bellisima » 01-20-2005 04:20 PM

Had we lived during the time of the American Revolution, would you have said the embattled farmers should just quit and the war would be over?

It's the insurgents' country and we have no right to tell them or any other country what form of government they should have.
ImageA silent mouth is sweet to hear.
Irish saying

Zodiac

Post by Zodiac » 01-20-2005 04:56 PM

It is Payday..... I think I am gonna go out and Drop about 200 at Wal-Mart :D well there goes that lil protest :p

CindyLouWho
Pirate

Re: Re: Not one damn dime

Post by CindyLouWho » 01-20-2005 05:00 PM

Bellisima wrote: It won't hurt anyone, Jon-Marcus. Consumers bought what they wanted yesterday or will buy what they want tomorrow.

Preach it, ((Bellisimagirl))!!

:)

CindyLouWho
Pirate

Post by CindyLouWho » 01-20-2005 05:03 PM

Zodiac wrote: It is Payday..... I think I am gonna go out and Drop about 200 at Wal-Mart :D well there goes that lil protest :p

So why did you return anyway??

Did you get bored over at the FFreakyFForum or did they ban you too after you tried to think for yourself. You really shouldn't do something so dangerous!! Eeeek!

BenSlain
Pirate

Post by BenSlain » 01-20-2005 08:49 PM

What about bills? Do they count. Like you know. The car payment. Mortgage, heat, or a school loan. I figure they were nice enough to loan me the money to attend school the least I should do is pay them back. I mean, it's only right.

spaceprophet
Pirate

Post by spaceprophet » 01-20-2005 09:03 PM

It's just one day Ben.

Return to “Politics and Government Pre-2007”