Moderator: Super Moderators

Rombaldi
Call Me "Hussein"

Without Internet, U.S. Would Be a “Fascist State”

Post by Rombaldi » 08-11-2005 05:29 PM

http://www.nationalreview.com/york/york200508111811.asp

August 11, 2005, 6:11 p.m.

Without Internet, U.S. Would Be a “Fascist State”

Crawford protester Cindy Sheehan talks with her blog supporters.

Cindy Sheehan, the woman whose soldier son was killed in Iraq and who is now camping by a road in Crawford, Texas demanding a meeting with President Bush, on Wednesday thanked a group of antiwar bloggers for supporting her, saying that without the Internet, America would be a "fascist state."

"This is something that can't be ignored," Sheehan said during a conference call with bloggers representing sites like democrats.com, codepink4peace.org, and crooksandliars.com. "They can't ignore us, and they can't put us down. Thank God for the Internet, or we wouldn't know anything, and we would already be a fascist state."

"Our government is run by one party, every level," Sheehan continued, "and the mainstream media is a propaganda tool for the government." Sheehan also called the 2004 presidential election "the election, quote-unquote, that happened in November."

The conference call was moderated by Democratic strategist Joe Trippi, who managed former Vermont governor Howard Dean's presidential campaign in 2003 and 2004. It was also organized by another Democratic strategist, Bob Fertik of democrats.com. (During the conference, Fertik said that for the purposes of the call, he was representing yet another website, the antiwar site afterdowningstreet.com.) Finally, Jodie Evans of the anti-war group Code Pink also took part in running the sometimes-chaotic call. Trippi has posted a recording of the call on his own website, joetrippi.com

Also taking part in the call was Illinois Democratic Rep. Jan Schakowsky, a frequent participant in progressive political conferences and anti-war events. Schakowsky took part in an unofficial Democratic hearing on the Downing Street Memo conducted last June in Washington. Sheehan testified at that hearing, giving a painful and moving account of seeing her son in his coffin.

On the call, Sheehan complained that she was suffering from a sore throat and a fever after being doused by thunderstorms. But she vowed to stay in Texas. There are only three things that would prompt her to leave, she said: "a good meeting with the president, the end of August, or I get arrested."
Republican - re·pub·li·can (r-pbl-kn) - political party, which will control part of Congress 2011-2012, undermining the strength of the country - on purpose, in public, without apology or shame - simply for a campaign advantage in 2012.

Ninerism
Pirate

Post by Ninerism » 08-13-2005 01:53 AM

Rombi, EXACTLY. This notion/idea has occurred to me over and over, since joining with all of our other pirates here on FANTASTIC FORUM.

I usually come here first to read what's going on, the latest breaking news!

You, and Iris, and Mudwoman, and JOE QUINN, and FAB, and Cherry Kelly, and many others, including our presently lost pirate MERCURY, are constantly telling us more and more things going on across our nation.

I agree, that we would have a fully fascist state right now if not for our Internet and blogs informing all of us. The Major Media is totally owned by the military-industrial machinery.

Ninerism

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Post by joequinn » 08-13-2005 02:04 AM

"Fuggedah about it, Jake --- it's Chinatown!"

Ninerism
Pirate

Post by Ninerism » 08-14-2005 01:36 AM

joequinn wrote: Image

JOE QUINN, my mind in now under Kontrol -- the glassine machine has my brain-waves entrained, and my mind is subducted.

This is all far beyond being Orwellian! We are literally in this deep doo-doo with electro-magnetic/cybernetic interfacing machines. It's terribly advanced now, far more than during the time that the futuristic book, 'PSYCHIC DISCOVERIES BEHIND THE IRON CURTAIN' was released. Who knows the real powers of that enormous antenna outlay in hinterlands of Alaska, that enormous HAARP antenna, and inter-facing of Tesla technologies.

I once had this incredible fantastic dream. I was deep underground....... some very advanced humans or human-types used an enormous green crystal that spread healing qualities out into the cosmos, and we Earthlings. It made us very peace-oriented, now there's a real anti-military thought, eh?! My dreams must be brought under control, too!

As Orwell knew it best: WAR IS PEACE! Double-think requires higher-consciousness with a twisted mindset just to recognize it, and to comprehend how linguistic dissonance is used to keep us controlled.

Let's all have a CRUSADE....... FOR CHRIST AND GOD? True Believers don't comprehend what is right under their noses. They possess no questions on how we are being collectively manipulated.

Ninerism

Gotrox
Pirate

Post by Gotrox » 08-14-2005 11:11 AM

would be????

Return to “Politics and Government Pre-2007”