Call Me "Hussein"

DeLay INDICTED!!!!!!

Post by Rombaldi » 09-28-2005 11:39 AM

breaking on AAR, MSNBC!!!

more to come!

Tom DeLay indicted on criminal conspiracy charges

punishible by 3-5 years prison.

Party Time!
Last edited by Rombaldi on 09-28-2005 11:41 AM, edited 1 time in total.
Republican - re·pub·li·can (r-pbl-kn) - political party, which will control part of Congress 2011-2012, undermining the strength of the country - on purpose, in public, without apology or shame - simply for a campaign advantage in 2012.

Corvid
Anchors Aweigh

Re: DeLay INDICTED!!!!!!

Post by Corvid » 09-28-2005 11:55 AM

Rombaldi wrote: breaking on AAR, MSNBC!!!

more to come!

Tom DeLay indicted on criminal conspiracy charges

punishible by 3-5 years prison.

Party Time!

Rom, for republicans it is "PARDON" Time. :(

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 09-28-2005 12:02 PM

DeLay Indicted in Campaign Finance Probe
House Majority Leader Could Be Forced to Step Down
By LARRY MARGASAK, AP

The indictment is expected to have immediate consequences in the House, where Tom DeLay is responsible for winning passage of the Republican legislative program.

WASHINGTON (Sept. 28) - A Texas grand jury on Wednesday charged Rep. Tom DeLay and two political associates with conspiracy in a campaign finance scheme, an indictment that could force him to step down as House majority leader.

DeLay attorney Steve Brittain said DeLay was accused of a criminal conspiracy along with two associates, John Colyandro, former executive director of a Texas political action committee formed by DeLay, and Jim Ellis, who heads DeLay's national political committee.

The indictment against the second-ranking, and most assertive Republican leader came on the final day of the grand jury's term. It followed earlier indictments of a state political action committee founded by DeLay and three of his political associates.

The grand jury action is expected to have immediate consequences in the House, where DeLay is largely responsible for winning passage of the Republican legislative program. House Republican Party rules require leaders who are indicted to temporarily step aside from their leadership posts.

However, DeLay retains his seat representing Texas' 22nd congressional district, suburbs southwest of Houston.

DeLay has denied committing any crime and accused the Democratic district attorney leading the investigation, Ronnie Earle, of pursuing the case for political motives.

Democrats have kept up a crescendo of criticism of DeLay's ethics, citing three times last year that the House ethics committee admonished DeLay for his conduct.

9/28/2005 12:42:55

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 09-28-2005 12:05 PM

yep just caught while I am home for lunch...I wonder who else will be caught up in this.

Nice to see the system is working here, so far

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 09-28-2005 12:06 PM

SETIsLady wrote: I heard this is something completely different than the campaign finance probe, is it ? Just catching it while I am home for lunch .

The charge was conspiracy ...I am right ?

You bet it is conspiracy, our honest politicians at work.:eek:

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 09-28-2005 12:10 PM

Shirleypal wrote: You bet it is conspiracy, our honest politicians at work.:eek:

ack ...I deleted my post when I saw your article ...ya caught me ;)

Rombaldi
Call Me "Hussein"

Post by Rombaldi » 09-28-2005 12:12 PM

http://www.bakers-legal-pages.com/pc/1502.htm

Sec. 15.02. CRIMINAL CONSPIRACY. (a) A person commits criminal conspiracy if, with intent that a felony be committed:

~ ~ (1) he agrees with one or more persons that they or one or more of them engage in conduct that would constitute the offense; and

~ ~ (2) he or one or more of them performs an overt act in pursuance of the agreement.

~ (b) An agreement constituting a conspiracy may be inferred from acts of the parties.

~ (c) It is no defense to prosecution for criminal conspiracy that:

~ ~ (1) one or more of the coconspirators is not criminally responsible for the object offense;

~ ~ (2) one or more of the coconspirators has been acquitted, so long as two or more coconspirators have not been acquitted;

~ ~ (3) one or more of the coconspirators has not been prosecuted or convicted, has been convicted of a different offense, or is immune from prosecution;

~ ~ (4) the actor belongs to a class of persons that by definition of the object offense is legally incapable of committing the object offense in an individual capacity; or

~ ~ (5) the object offense was actually committed.

~ (d) An offense under this section is one category lower than the most serious felony that is the object of the conspiracy, and if the most serious felony that is the object of the conspiracy iS 8 state jail felony, the offense is a Class A misdemeanor.
Republican - re·pub·li·can (r-pbl-kn) - political party, which will control part of Congress 2011-2012, undermining the strength of the country - on purpose, in public, without apology or shame - simply for a campaign advantage in 2012.

Rombaldi
Call Me "Hussein"

Post by Rombaldi » 09-28-2005 12:15 PM

Copy of the indictment here

Rombaldi
Call Me "Hussein"

Post by Rombaldi » 09-28-2005 12:19 PM

By the way, before the Reich-Wing Parrots start the talking points about a "Democrat Prosecutor " making this a partisian attack on DeLay..

A little info about Ronnie Earle...

First of all, since he got installed as the Austin prosecutor going after political corruption, he's indicted about twice as many Democrats as he has indicted Republicans.

He's been voted Texas' prosecutor of the year and the public administrator of the year for Austin. His office has been listed as among the top ten model offices in the nation by the National District Attorney's Association.

The Harvard professor who wrote "Broken Windows", the study that helped Giuliani clean up New York called his office "one of the most thoroughly problem-oriented agencies in criminal justice today".

Bill O'Reilly once singled him out for "innovative approaches to law enforcement".

He is not a crackpot and he's not partisan. He's highly respected and he's a force to be reckoned with.

Delay is in deep, DEEP, DEEP DOO-DOO

Someone pass the popcorn, this is gonna be fun...

spiritme
Pirate

Post by spiritme » 09-28-2005 12:28 PM

too bad you can't see this but I am doing the dance of joy!
trust me when I dance no one wants to be around!
I am wondering how many will be caught up on this?
spiritme:D

Rombaldi
Call Me "Hussein"

Post by Rombaldi » 09-28-2005 12:33 PM

spiritme wrote: too bad you can't see this but I am doing the dance of joy!

Today's word is "schadenfreude".

Learn it.
Revel in it.
Get used to is 'pugs... we've still got Frist and Rove to do before we get to the Chimp and SecondChoice...

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 09-28-2005 01:16 PM

Yes I heard it too and thought okay Rom will post it in Capital letters..:D

Faux News and Trent Lott are saying that the prosecutor is biased and that he said something about Delay when at a function. They are trying to spin this as a Dem against a Republican.

The BIG ISSUE here IS: That he conspired with the other two to get the money flowing so that more Republicans would have the funds to win in the State Legislature...okay you think they wanted a Republican Legislature in Texas right? Wrong....this goes all the way to the top with Bush being Delay's buddy and PaPa Bush being Delay's buddy and all the illegal activities during the election of the Bushco administration......... this mess.

The bottom line is that the majority in TX then voted the redistricting of TX so that they gained 5 republican seats and the Dems lost 6 seats because of this illegal activity. This affected the majority at the Federal House level.

Oh boy nasty folks doing nasty things and getting caught.

Remember when the Dem's were furious during that redistricting because it was illegal what Delay did with Bush's blessing of course. They need to be impeached! They need to fry!

daboodaddy
Pirate

Post by daboodaddy » 09-28-2005 04:20 PM

I hope it starts a chain reaction, and like dominos, down they all go!

(Happy Dance)
Question EVERYTHING, even your OWN thoughts.
A "Daboodaddyism"

moonchild2
Pirate

Post by moonchild2 » 09-28-2005 06:06 PM

This has not been a good month for the bushy chimp! Hope next month and the month after that are just as wonderful.

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 09-28-2005 06:29 PM

Interestingly enough Texas has only one Campaign Finance Law on the books which was passed around 1900 which says you cannot use corporate funds to finance a campaign and this law was used to indict DeLay.

Return to “Politics and Government Pre-2007”