Catie Kouric: Anyone see her first CBS broadcast last night?

Archive - Caveat Emptor!

Moderator: Super Moderators

Ninerism
Pirate

Catie Kouric: Anyone see her first CBS broadcast last night?

Post by Ninerism » 09-06-2006 11:00 AM

Any thoughts? Whatcha think about that program last night? Rush Limbaugh will be one of her first guests describing free speech. hmmmmmmmm?!

Has any previous newscaster ever received such incredible promotion before landing a spot? What's the deal? "Feelygood news?"

Ninerism

Live365
Ship's Bos'n

Post by Live365 » 09-06-2006 12:46 PM

Didn't watch (whenever I try to watch the CBS news I feel like I'm missing the important things :) ), but I've heard enough about it today to feel like I had.

:rolleyes:

(the whole thing is kinda fun though, I'll admit!)
Did you ever stop to think, and then forget to start again?

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 09-06-2006 02:47 PM

No, don't watch mainstream news.

HurricaneJoanie
Pirate Queen

Post by HurricaneJoanie » 09-06-2006 08:22 PM

Yeah, and here's my idea for her "sign off" -- you know, she asked for "your help" in coming up with a sign-off:

Goodnight and goodbye. Bob Schieffer will be back tomorrow night as the permanent ANCHOR of the "CBS Evening News."

SHE SUCKED!!! BIG TIME. UGH!!!

She and CBS HONESTLY think we want to see her "magazine" NETWORK "NEWSCAST" after having Rather and Schieffer who were TRUE ANCHORS ?

What a f**king joke!!

And let me add that I've heard third-graders give better book reports than Couric's attempt to "read" the news. She is the queen of cliches and her voice is irritating.

I feel very badly for the seasoned CBS reporters who deserved to have a shot at the anchor chair.
Last edited by HurricaneJoanie on 09-06-2006 10:04 PM, edited 1 time in total.
It's either real or it's a dream, There's nothing that is in between. ~ Jeff Lynne

Live365
Ship's Bos'n

Post by Live365 » 09-06-2006 08:41 PM

HurricaneJoanie wrote: Goodnight and goodbye. Bob Schieffer will be back tomorrow night as the permanent ANCHOR of the "CBS Evening News."

:D

Got to admit, this made me :D .

HurricaneJoanie
Pirate Queen

Post by HurricaneJoanie » 09-06-2006 08:50 PM

:D
It's either real or it's a dream, There's nothing that is in between. ~ Jeff Lynne

Live365
Ship's Bos'n

Post by Live365 » 09-06-2006 09:02 PM

:cool:

Lord Moon
Pirate

Rush Limbaugh...

Post by Lord Moon » 09-06-2006 10:27 PM

When I heard that she was supposed to bring Rush Limbaugh on the air, I made up my mind that I would never watch the news with her on it.

There's also a rumour going around that the Bush family has bought CBS through corporations that they have interests in, and that's how they were able to get Dan Rather removed.

Sound like a consipiracy, get rid of Rather...Put a Patsy in the drivers seat transition Rush Limbaugh to the nightly news.

Ninerism
Pirate

Post by Ninerism » 09-07-2006 11:55 AM

HurricaneJoanie wrote: Yeah, and here's my idea for her "sign off" -- you know, she asked for "your help" in coming up with a sign-off:

Goodnight and goodbye. Bob Schieffer will be back tomorrow night as the permanent ANCHOR of the "CBS Evening News."

SHE SUCKED!!! BIG TIME. UGH!!!

She and CBS HONESTLY think we want to see her "magazine" NETWORK "NEWSCAST" after having Rather and Schieffer who were TRUE ANCHORS ?

What a f**king joke!!

And let me add that I've heard third-graders give better book reports than Couric's attempt to "read" the news. She is the queen of cliches and her voice is irritating.

I feel very badly for the seasoned CBS reporters who deserved to have a shot at the anchor chair.

Hurricane, thanks for the chuckles this morning, and for the breath of fresh air, too!

Oh, goodness, her voice, too. My friend when watching her more than once stated that he found her voice to be very irritating.

When we watched her on first night, it seemed we had no understanding of any national news matters! It all sounds a wee bit like social engineering smacking us in the face, over and over..... and if Bush family now owns CBS, oh hell! George Bush is so non-presidential, hardly matters where he is interviewed.

Ninerism

Barbie
Pirate

Post by Barbie » 09-07-2006 01:40 PM

I think her new sign-off should be:

Stay Free--Vote Democratic.

Ninerism
Pirate

Post by Ninerism » 09-08-2006 01:16 AM

Barbie wrote: I think her new sign-off should be:

Stay Free--Vote Democratic.

Barbie, well, yes, that's a very nice sentiment.

Now can we have a real vote count with the likes of Vote Scams in Florida, etc., stealing citizen's votes via corrupted prog's of Diebold vote machines? I dunno......

Ninerism

Ninerism
Pirate

Post by Ninerism » 09-08-2006 02:19 AM

Catie Kouric, what a FREEDOM FIGHTER?

Isn't she so cute. While in the White House, standing to the side of the PResident, she asks Bush, "So, you can take the boy out of Crawford, but you cannot take Crawford out of the boy?" Wow, that's really a defining respectful way to get insights about his ability to think and plan nationally, and internationally.

He reads books, he tells the media, but he still cannot articulate any intricate thought processes going on. But God speaks to him, and he has his crusades for Christian conguests to battle any axis of evil.

Ninerism

IvyQ
Pirate

Re: Rush Limbaugh...

Post by IvyQ » 09-08-2006 09:24 AM

Lord Moon wrote: There's also a rumour going around that the Bush family has bought CBS through corporations that they have interests in, and that's how they were able to get Dan Rather removed.

Sound like a consipiracy, get rid of Rather...Put a Patsy in the drivers seat transition Rush Limbaugh to the nightly news.

wasn't it on bush's agenda when first in office to silence the media? i believe he has... you see more and more dem's/liberals being removed from the media. i was upset when Alan Colmes was replaced with a conservative on our local KCMO recently. i believe the republican party wants the media silenced and for us to believe what we hear on the radio and the evening news.
Last edited by IvyQ on 09-08-2006 09:30 AM, edited 1 time in total.

HurricaneJoanie
Pirate Queen

Re: Re: Rush Limbaugh...

Post by HurricaneJoanie » 09-08-2006 07:31 PM

IvyQ wrote: i believe the republican party wants the media silenced and for us to believe what we hear on the radio and the evening news.

And with Kkkkkatie "reporting" the "news", there won't be anything worth believing. I've never heard such watered down, meaningless crap as I did that first night (haven't watched since). As Ninerism calls it, "feelygood news" . . . :p

spaceprophet
Pirate

Post by spaceprophet » 09-08-2006 07:51 PM

HurricaneJoanie wrote: And with Kkkkkatie "reporting" the "news", there won't be anything worth believing.
Was Karl Rove holding a gun to your head when you typed that?
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man. - Jack Handey

Return to “Politics and Government Pre-2007”