Messiah In The White House -- Does Contemporary Christianity

Archive - Caveat Emptor!

Moderator: Super Moderators

Panache
Pirate

Messiah In The White House -- Does Contemporary Christianity

Post by Panache » 09-19-2006 11:15 PM

I think you'll find this most interesting - if you take the time to read. It could explain plenty.

Has Bush gone over the edge?

An increasing number of Republicans, ranging from former conservative Congressman Joe Scarborough to former President George H.W. Bush, worry that President George W. Bush's tenuous hold on reality is slipping away and the leader of the free world may be sliding into a full-fledged mental breakdown.

Scarborough sounded the warning recently when he devoted an episode of his MSNBC talk show to the topic "Is Bush an Idiot?" Other published reports say Bush's own father is worried about his son's mental state. Psychiatrists who have observed Bush during his presidency share this concern.

Writes Jeffrey Steinberg in the ultra-conservative Lyndon LaRouche scandal sheet Executive Intelligence Review:

The word is circulating in high-level Republican Party circles that former President George H.W. Bush is profoundly worried about the mental state of his son, the current President. According to the sources, Bush 41 has been communicating with his own intimate circle, including former National Security Advisor Brent Scowcroft, and former Secretary of State James Baker III, along with former President Bill Clinton, about G.W.'s over-the-top support for Israel's current self-destructive assault on Lebanon. The ex-President has reportedly conveyed to his close associates that he fears that G.W. is in a messianic state and is "unreachable," even by such close advisors as Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice. Insight magazine, the online publication of the Washington Times, buttressed this account, reporting in early August that, for the first time, a rift has developed between Rice and President Bush, over the President's one-sided support for Israel, in the ongoing Israeli Defense Forces invasion of Lebanon. [What? No more knee-pad moments in the Oral Office for sweet Condi? That's Reptilian!!!]

Ordinarily, it is easy to dismiss a report from such a source but others with credible track records are backing up the EIS report. Bush family insiders say the former President's concern over his son's mental state was a primary reason why the President made a rare appearance at the family home in Connecticut during August. Bush rarely visits his father. In fact, NBC news anchor Brian Williams recently reported that former President Bill Clinton, who defeated the elder Bush after one term, visits his former rival more often.

White House aides point to the President's increasingly bizarre behavior: an inpromptu "massage" of a foreign leader at the recent G8 conference, his penchant for farting in front of new West Wing aides and his rambling, often incoherent answers to reporters' questions.

John Dean, the White House counsel who helped bring down another deranged President: Richard M. Nixon, shares the concern.

In his book, Conservatives Without Conscience, Dean calls Republican-controlled Washington a bullying, manipulative, prejudiced leadership edging the nation toward a dark era.

"We have returned to the imperial presidency (that existed in the Nixon era)," Dean says. "We have an unchecked presidency."

"Are we on the road to fascism?" he adds. "Clearly, we are not on that road yet. But it would not take much more misguided authoritarian leadership, or thoughtless following of such leaders, to find ourselves there.

"I am not sure which is more frightening," he adds, "another major terror attack or the response of authoritarian conservatives to that attack."

Dr. Justin Frank, the prominent George Washington University psychiatrist who wrote Bush on the Couch: Inside the Mind of the President, says Bush has lost touch with reality:

With every passing week, President Bush marches deeper and deeper into a world of his own making. Central to Bush's world is an iron will which demands that external reality be changed to conform to his personal view of how things are.

As far as Bush is concerned, he is telling the truth; as Madeleine Albright recently said to Columbia Magazine: "the most serious problem is that George Bush now believes what he says." Like many of my hospitalized patients, Bush has created a vast, detailed but vague delusional system he feels compelled to maintain at all costs. This system helps him manage the terrifying anxiety that threatens to make his already endangered inner world more chaotic.

Psychoanalytic theory suggests that Bush's true enemy is an aspect of himself -- the overwhelming anxiety he works so hard to manage. For Bush, lying remains a central defense mechanism in managing his fears; he lies foremost to himself, altering his perception of external or internal reality to fulfill his psychic need to maintain order. His anxiety is so great that he cannot shift his thinking to account for new information --especially the fact that patriotic families of patriotic soldiers demand that he speak with them.

Taking responsibility has always been hard for George W. Bush. And taking responsibility for inflicting harm on others, a major step in the development of maturity, is a step President Bush has yet to make. Instead, he persists in lying to himself, surrounding himself with people who agree with him. And now he is not safe even inside his own closed circle.

Dr. Frank has studied Bush's actions and personality extensively and believes the President needs extensive analysis and help.

"It is not too late for President Bush to have the second half of his medical check-up: psychological testing," Dr. Frank says. "After his recent press conference in which he kept talking about finishing the job while attacking Democrats for wanting an exit strategy, Bush showed even more telltale signs of a particular kind of mental disturbance which medical professionals call thought disorder."

Writing in The Huffington Post, Dr. Frank continues:

I had always felt that his inability to respond to crisis, as seen in his response to 9/11 and Katrina and Israel's bombing of Lebanon, was because he suffered from something called affective flooding, where overwhelming anxiety paralyzes any ability to think or even function. Such a response is similar to denial but writ large. Those who observe the president at such moments - thanks to smuggled film clips and his historic April 2004 press conference when he was asked if he had made any mistakes as president - see that he starts rapid blinking movements before his eyes glaze over and become almost fixed in a blank, mindless stare. This massive disconnection from inner self and outer world is called "splitting."

But a recent press conference (August 21, 2006) showed that when he is in control he is not flooded in this way. Rather, his splitting takes the form of hatred of reality. I use the term hatred purposefully. When he was pushed by a few increasingly frustrated reporters, he behaves like the untreated alcoholic he is - summarily dismissing material reality.

When offered a chance to re-think the Iraq war he becomes obstreperous, using sarcasm to both mask and express his internal rage at being challenged. When back in control he patronizes members of what he calls the "Democrat" party, saying that they are "good people" and that he doesn't question their patriotism. In control he is a poor man's Cicero, saying what he's not going to say anyway. Reading between the lines, he calls his critics quitters.

All of this behavior is in the service of defending himself against reality - something he actively hates. At times, his attempts to ward off reality make him appear stupid. He is not. Rather, internal and external realities are too threatening for him to face. When asked whether he had been surprised or frustrated by all the bad news from Baghdad he didn't even understand the question. This is because the very act of facing such questions threatens to destroy his tenaciously held preconceptions. This he cannot risk; he employs various coping mechanisms to attack such questions in any way he can. Instead of acknowledging personal frustration he said that the war must be frustrating for the national psyche. But his hatred of reality required a more violent approach - the day after his conference he sent more of those poor marines back into a world of horror.

His ability to dismiss reality is profound - more than the simple method used by his mother Barbara, who said she wasn't going to watch the TV news during the war because watching body bags would spoil her "beautiful mind". No, he has a rugged inner strength - unless confronted by surprise - that enables him to dismiss and destroy personal perception.

His mental pulse needs to be taken, not just his physical one. I think that what prevents his doctors from doing so is their fear of what they'd find. Without such an examination, we are left with no medical terms to describe his mental functioning, his private global war on terror which extends to attacks on his own capacity to perceive reality. I have not examined the President, so it is not proper for me to offer a diagnosis. However, my observations lead me to believe that he is psychotic.
Last edited by Panache on 09-19-2006 11:21 PM, edited 1 time in total.
The most valuable thing anyone daring to lead is to cultivate and convey to others is a moral conscience. Only such persons deserve to lead others, in any capacity.

HB3

Post by HB3 » 09-19-2006 11:38 PM

Heavy, man. Where'd it come from, and who wrote it?

HB3

Post by HB3 » 09-19-2006 11:40 PM

And is the title of your thread appropriate to the content of the article?

Lord Moon
Pirate

America is one of the most perverse culture's the world has

Post by Lord Moon » 09-20-2006 12:59 AM

If not the most perverse...

The current Amerika, is as perverse a country as there is....The corporate past time seems to be perverting values, and belief systems into a commodity that can be sold...

Plastic statues of Buddha sold in Target, popular novels that pervert some of the deapest teachings of the Christian faith into entertainment, weekend getaways that will certify you as a chi gung master, corespondence schools that certify you as a Hatha Yoga instructor.....

In essence, mainstream Americans have become spiritual tourists, much like they are tourists in their own town, approaching God like they order a big mac at mc Donald's.....

But this is not the faith of our fathers, whose faith was based on a life time of self sacrifise and devotion.

To the spiritual tourist, self indulgence and perversity enable one to turn the experience of Zen, into a plastic Zen, that can adorn with equal facility credit cards and beach towels....

Self indulgence and perversity, are what make born agains like Bush tick, the belief that they can fit Christ to their image, their belief of what Christ should be, rather than becoming a Christian who follows the teachings of Christ, allowing their devotion to his teachings to restore their soul, with many years of prayer meditation and turning away from worldly desires...

God is not found on T.V., nor in dropping bombs on Iraq or Iran...or in donations to the 700 club..nor is he necissarily found in Church

But in prayer, Self sacrifise, honesty, meditation, truth and love..
and this is the way it's always been...

Think of this the next time you see, the sacred Symbol for om, on someones bumper proclaiming that "I Do Yoga", or a Cross subliminally marked on the bumper of a GM car....

America is a perverse country....we just can't connect the dots...
Last edited by Lord Moon on 09-20-2006 01:01 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Panache
Pirate

Post by Panache » 09-20-2006 01:01 AM

It's sourced, as noted, from different places, HB3.

Yes, the title is relevant to heir dumbkoff's dementia, as is mentioned, the messianic delusions of Elmwer Fwudd's 'Animal House' mindscape in the kindergarden of his hell.
The most valuable thing anyone daring to lead is to cultivate and convey to others is a moral conscience. Only such persons deserve to lead others, in any capacity.

Ninerism
Pirate

Post by Ninerism » 09-20-2006 10:58 AM

Panache wrote: It's sourced, as noted, from different places, HB3.

Yes, the title is relevant to heir dumbkoff's dementia, as is mentioned, the messianic delusions of Elmwer Fwudd's 'Animal House' mindscape in the kindergarden of his hell.

Panache, WELCOME BACK!

As to the question posed in title of thread: Oh, HELL YES! Fundamentalist mind-sets, whether Musliim, Christian/Catholic, or Shinto, or Judaic, all begin to sound like bat-head cases! They're all simply nuts!

The Earth would be far better off when those are all raptured to the moon, wherever.

What Israel did to Lebanon was attrocious, and ungodly! HORRIBLE!!!!

Ninerism

Divinorumus
Pirate

Post by Divinorumus » 09-20-2006 11:03 AM

I just heard on the radio that Bush is actually the devil, and that the smell of sulfur lingers wherever he has been - ha. Seriously, I just heard some dude on the radio testifying to this exact fact just a short while ago. (snickering)
Last edited by Divinorumus on 09-20-2006 11:05 AM, edited 1 time in total.

majda
Pirate

Post by majda » 09-20-2006 04:36 PM

Divinorumus wrote: I just heard on the radio that Bush is actually the devil, and that the smell of sulfur lingers wherever he has been - ha. Seriously, I just heard some dude on the radio testifying to this exact fact just a short while ago. (snickering)

Are you talking about the Chavez speech? It was a bleeding riot! :D
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government -- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 09-21-2006 11:56 AM

To the Islam jihadists -- you convert or die

I'll take our country where we DO have freedom of choice to whatever religious group we choose - or atheist or non-theist -- we still have CHOICE!

Peace!

Divinorumus
Pirate

Post by Divinorumus » 09-21-2006 01:49 PM

It was a bleeding riot!
Yeah, I was listening to it live on some XM channel and just about fell out of my chair. I almost couldn't believe I was hearing what I was hearing, thinking maybe I had accidentally tuned into some comedy channel instead. And that chick that was doing the translation sure did it really funny and well too - ha ... especially about that devil sulfur smell bit - ha ha ha ... Oh man, I tell ya, these earthlings sure put on a good show, don't they - still laughing today.
we still have CHOICE!
Who's this WE you are speaking for? (still laughing) ... NO YOU DON'T - the time to choose has already passed. Your only option now is complete unconditional surrender. (still snickering) Surrender to nature, humans - there is no other choice! (you'll see)

(btw, that sulfur joke bit is actually one of those political insider jokes concerning how gwb leaves a trail of fart smells wherever he has been ... any politician should be able to confirm that .. and I think it's already been discussed about elsewhere .. it wasn't meant to be taken literally .. it was meant as an embarrassment for your silly leader)

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Post by joequinn » 09-26-2006 08:51 PM

Contemporary Christianity? You should see how they acted in the 4th century, the moment that Constantine allowed them to slither out from beneath their rocks. Their actions then wrote the book on mental illness!

Don't believe me? Then read Chapters 15 and 16 of Gibbon's Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire. You'll understand then...
Last edited by joequinn on 09-26-2006 08:59 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Politics and Government Pre-2007”