Agencies consider whether Foley should face charges

Archive - Caveat Emptor!

Moderator: Super Moderators

Barbie
Pirate

Post by Barbie » 10-05-2006 03:29 PM

Yes, Joe... I understand. But whether it's a fire, a tornado, a flood, or whatever else brings the House (and hopefully the Senate) down, as my nasty ol' Grandma used to say, "Who CARES where it comes from, as long as it happens!"

Then, hopefully we can start to re-build POSITIVE things from that point on.

mudwoman
Pirate

Post by mudwoman » 10-05-2006 04:04 PM

Barbie wrote: Yes, Joe... I understand. But whether it's a fire, a tornado, a flood, or whatever else brings the House (and hopefully the Senate) down, as my nasty ol' Grandma used to say, "Who CARES where it comes from, as long as it happens!"

Then, hopefully we can start to re-build POSITIVE things from that point on.
Grandma was right! If the American people are just a bunch of sex-crazed zomboids, snoozin' on their couch butts, and this is the only thing that will get them return a balance of power to Congress, so be it. ;)

If I am drowning I don't care what the motivations are of the man who pulls me from the water. I'll deal with that when my feet are back on the ground.

S
TTTM

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Post by joequinn » 10-05-2006 05:50 PM

Mudwoman, I value your political judgment greatly, and Barbie, I hear what you are saying. But for reasons that I have meticulously spelled out in my previous post, I do NOT believe that "any port in a storm" augurs well for the cleaning of the pigsty that has to happen as the first order of business next spring in Congress.

Remember, ladies, Dubya came into power because the Oval Office had become a cess-pool of oral sex. And look what Dubya did when he came to power --- the oral sex came to an end in the Oval Office (or did it?), but look what else came into being.

If the Demokrats come to power in order to prevent young boys from being sexually molested by Congresscritters, then that's all that they will be doing (at least for a while). The only motivation that truly counts is the cold-minded determination to undo the last quarter-century of Amerikan politics, and not just the superficial and momentary disgust over sexual irregularities!

I respect your opinions, ladies, but you disregard my warning too casually. I just hope that, next spring, you two don't find out that I was right.

Barbie
Pirate

Post by Barbie » 10-05-2006 06:11 PM

Believe ME, Joe... so do WE!

If we can gather enough momentum in the up-coming election to get some of the correct (and hopefully morally decent) people in office, then we can look forward to reversing some of the things this administration has done.

IMPEACH! IMPEACH! Roll back the bills that take away the things we should be fighting for!

mudwoman
Pirate

Post by mudwoman » 10-05-2006 06:17 PM

joequinn wrote: I respect your opinions, ladies, but you disregard my warning too casually. I just hope that, next spring, you two don't find out that I was right.
No, you are wrong, my friend. I do not disregard your warnings. Not one little bit. But one has to work with the tools they have. You KNOW I am active off these boards doing all that is within my power to wake people up to the breadth of the madness that is killing our America. You also know I am involved in other actions to try to stop this insanity. You know that. So please stop saying this. It is dismissive of my understanding, and efforts.

OK? :) :D

S
TTTM

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Post by joequinn » 10-05-2006 06:44 PM

Mudwoman, my sister, I am not faulting your political consciousness, which I know so well. But I am worried about the long-term political wisdom putting all of your eggs, just one month before the elections, into the get-the-pedophile basket. Yes, I realize that doing that might very well be what has to be done to overthrow the fascist control of Congress next month. But oh Mudwoman, if that is what has to be done to overthrow the fascist control, then things are truly desperate.

I went insane when I realized how few people either knew nor cared about what the Senate did on the 28th with the Military Act of 2006, which turned Amerika into the land of Mordor. I can't get it out of my head, Mudwoman, I just can't. Congressional pages are sexually molested, and everybody goes nuts! Amerika turns into the land of torture, and nobody cares! It has crazed me, Mudwoman, absolutely crazed me!

Waverider
Pirate

Post by Waverider » 10-05-2006 07:12 PM

But then there is this:
"“I don’t remember a so-called emergency meeting,” Rice had said only hours earlier, apparently still suffering from some sort of post-9/11 amnesia that seemed to afflict her during her forced testimony to the 9/11 Commission. The omission of this meeting from the final commission report is another example of how the Bush administration undermined the bipartisan investigation that the president had tried to prevent. Surely lying under oath in what was arguably the most important official investigation in the nation’s history should be treated more seriously than the evasiveness in the Paula Jones case that got President Bill Clinton impeached. Nor is it just Rice who should be challenged, for Tenet seems to have provided Woodward with details concerning the administration’s indifference to the terrorist threat that he did not share with the 9/11 Commission."

Lying under oath?
Hmmm'

"in what was arguably the most important official investigation in the nation’s history should be treated more seriously than the..."

Than the what, pray tell?

"evasiveness in the Paula Jones case that got President Bill Clinton impeached." !!!

"Nor is it just Rice who should be challenged, for Tenet seems to have provided Woodward with details concerning the administration’s indifference to the terrorist threat that he did not share with the 9/11 Commission."

Well, looks like we have come across the 'Whore of Babylon" along with Foley...

mudwoman
Pirate

Post by mudwoman » 10-05-2006 07:26 PM

joequinn wrote: things are truly desperate.

I think they are that desperate.
joequinn wrote: I went insane when I realized how few people either knew nor cared about what the Senate did on the 28th with the Military Act of 2006, which turned Amerika into the land of Mordor. I can't get it out of my head, Mudwoman, I just can't. Congressional pages are sexually molested, and everybody goes nuts! Amerika turns into the land of torture, and nobody cares! It has crazed me, Mudwoman, absolutely crazed me!

You and me both, brother, you an me both. I felt eviscerated. Gutted like a fish caught for dinner. I wept, cursed the heavens, and pledged all my energies, through peaceful means, to resuscitate our Constitution.

S
TTTM

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Post by joequinn » 10-05-2006 07:42 PM

Good heavens, these bastards are so cunning and so shameless!

http://www.365gay.com/Newscon06/10/100506hastert.htm

The year begins with the triumph of Brokeback Mountain and ends with a fascist gay witch-hunt! Oh, the evil of it!

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 10-05-2006 10:24 PM

joequinn wrote: And I am not at all sure how much of this public interest is genuine outrage and how much of it is just prurient interest
I feel the need to clarify my position since its my posts that appear to be driving you mad.

Having gotten involved with Center for Missing and Exploited Children after little Adam Walsh, was molested and decapitated. I have had the honor and working with some awesome people in Illinois & Florida including John Walsh who still has a house here in West Palm Beach.

John has worked tirelessly to make the world a safer place for our children. The loss of Adam is what drives him, and the promise that he would do everything in his power to protect the children of the future.

Mark Foley worked with John on several laws and stood behind him in the Rose Garden at the Whitehouse in July of 2006 with Johns wife Reve when the "Adam Walsh Child Protection and Safety Act" was signed. He stood behind him in support of the bill. Knowing the whole time, that he was the same person he was claiming to protect the children from.

So JQ, while you think this incident is of no importance, in the big scheme of things, to some of us it is of extreme importance.

The betrayal is personal.

Mark Foley used this issue when he ran for office, he used this issue to make an image for himself. And this issue now is the has brought an end to his career. And while I don't agree with the Republicans on many issues. This was an issue that saw no party lines. It was about the kids. He was what I thought a voice in Congress for the children that didn't have a voice.

So while I can see where you are coming from JQ, and I see the importance of what you are saying. And the issues you bringing are just as important to me. Please do not think this issue is not of the same importance to others. Like I said its personal for some of us. Granted not everyone is on this bandwagon for the same reasons as I am. But I can only speak for myself. Since for some reason I feel the need to defend myself here.

I have received this clip tonight of John Walsh talking to Larry King about his feelings of betrayal. I felt the need to share it here, perhaps so you can have some understanding as to my reasons for pursuing this issue.

John Walsh on GOP/Foley child predator sex scandal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ynyt4R1nIp0&eurl

PS. some of us are capable of being vigilante on many issues of vital importance.
Last edited by SETIsLady on 10-05-2006 10:29 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Iris
Pirate

Post by Iris » 10-05-2006 10:26 PM

That makes at least three of us. I posted and posted on it, trying to raise consciousness... but it seems most here just can't or won't grasp what happened. There are tons of hits on the thread in National, but surprisingly few comments, not arguments, not agreements, just nothing. Peole should be all over that, but they're not. The media should be all over it, but they're not and we knew they wouldn't be. But the people... some are probably scared... many are probably in denial. Either way, Yes, it's very, very frightening. We all do what we can, and all we can do is keep on keeping on. We need changes made, there's no denying that. So whatever serves that purpose can't be bad, but yes, it's not as good as it could/should be.
We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately. B. Franklin

Iris
Pirate

Post by Iris » 10-05-2006 10:40 PM

Linda, thank you for all the work you do for children. Thank you for sharing this video clip with us. This story is very, very disturbing and heartbreaking, and yes, it deserves our attention. If we in this country can't agree to do all we can to protect our children, what have we become?

These things don't have to be mutually exclusive, but with the help of our corrupt media, sadly they have become that way. I don't wish to see people stop talking about Foley. I just wish to see them start acknowleging and talking about that damned Military Commissions Act. Like Joe, I'm disappointed that they haven't. But as Joe is pointing out to us, sex sells in the media, and the final blame for the rampant stupidity we see around us has to go largely to them.... not to you, never to you.
We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately. B. Franklin

Iris
Pirate

Post by Iris » 10-05-2006 10:42 PM

joequinn wrote: Good heavens, these bastards are so cunning and so shameless!

http://www.365gay.com/Newscon06/10/100506hastert.htm

The year begins with the triumph of Brokeback Mountain and ends with a fascist gay witch-hunt! Oh, the evil of it!
Yes! Being gay and being a pedophile are two different things. There are plenty of heterosexual pedophiles, as we all know, but this may indeed turn into that kind of witch hunt, given the sick, twisted minds of those who are orchestrating our lives from the WH and the media studios.

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 10-05-2006 10:54 PM

Thanks Iris, I only posted my comments not for recognition only explanation, I agree that is horrendous that this is what it takes to wake up more people. But it is. Its unfortunate but it is. And even now you have people making excuses and lying for this creep. Yes those are the people that are a danger to you, me and our children. Those are the same people that could care less what Bush and those willing accomplices in Washington do to us. Those are the people that so willfully trash the Constitution and our rights. They are the enemy within, I have no doubts about that.

Now on a good note, when I left my office yesterday I still had 3 Republicans working for me. As of today, they are voting Democrat in November.

Little by little its happening, we have to keep the faith.
Last edited by SETIsLady on 10-05-2006 11:04 PM, edited 1 time in total.

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 10-05-2006 11:04 PM

Iris wrote: Yes! Being gay and being a pedophile are two different things. There are plenty of heterosexual pedophiles, as we all know, but this may indeed turn into that kind of witch hunt, given the sick, twisted minds of those who are orchestrating our lives from the WH and the media studios.

when you research the background to world events and their perpetrators you get used to the merely fantastic. Nothing prepares you for what lies under the stone.'~ David Icke

Return to “Politics and Government Pre-2007”