Moderator: Super Moderators

SooSoo
Pirate

Foley online messages were page prank gone awry

Post by SooSoo » 10-05-2006 04:04 PM

CLAIM: FILTHY FOLEY ONLINE MESSAGES WERE PAGE PRANK GONE AWRY
**World Exclusive**
**Must Credit the DRUDGE REPORT**

According to two people close to former congressional page Jordan Edmund, the now famous lurid AOL Instant Message exchanges that led to the resignation of Mark Foley were part of an online prank that by mistake got into the hands of enemy political operatives, the DRUDGE REPORT can reveal.

According to one Oklahoma source who knows the former page very well, Edmund, a conservative Republican, goaded an unwitting Foley to type embarrassing comments that were then shared with a small group of young Hill politicos. The prank went awry when the saved IM sessions got into the hands of political operatives favorable to Democrats.

The primary source, an ally of Edmund, adamantly proclaims that the former page is not a homosexual. The prank scenario was confirmed by a second associate of Edmund. Both are fearful that their political careers will be affected if they are publicly brought into the investigation.

The prank scenario only applies to the Edmund IM sessions and does not necessarily apply to any other exchanges between the former congressman and others.

The news come on the heels that Edmund has hired former Timothy McVeigh attorney, Stephen Jones.

Developing...

http://www.drudgereport.com/page.htm

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 10-05-2006 04:09 PM

hahaha OK...the right is getting desperate. What Drudge leaves out of his report is Foley's admission that he did send these IMs and emails, And another page has come forward and gone public just yesterday. Sorry they aren't going to slime out of this one.

FYI...ABC came out with this yesterday. And it is posted here.
Last edited by SETIsLady on 10-05-2006 04:34 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Rombaldi
Call Me "Hussein"

Post by Rombaldi » 10-05-2006 04:34 PM

BULL****

Once again the spin/shill machine tries to cover their asses..

Why did he resign almost immediately?

What about all the other pages that have come forward?

What about the REPUBLICAN aids that are saying it's true and they knew about it for ELEVEN YEARS.

BULL****
BULL****
BULL****
Republican - re·pub·li·can (r-pbl-kn) - political party, which will control part of Congress 2011-2012, undermining the strength of the country - on purpose, in public, without apology or shame - simply for a campaign advantage in 2012.

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 10-05-2006 04:35 PM

ABC acknowledged yesterday that one explicit exchange it described as being with a minor actually took place after the former page turned 18. However, at least three other former pages have come forward in the past two days with stories of lurid e-mails from Mr. Foley

http://www.nysun.com/article/40977?page_no=4
Sorry Drudge no exclusive.

And then of course there is this page that have come out in the open. Just today.

Ex-Page Says He Got Messages From Foley

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 00602.html

He is guilty, he knows it & admitted it, we know it and the people posting these distractions know it. Its not gonna fly this time.
Last edited by SETIsLady on 10-05-2006 04:38 PM, edited 1 time in total.

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 10-05-2006 04:39 PM

Rombaldi wrote: BULL****

Once again the spin/shill machine tries to cover their asses..

Why did he resign almost immediately?

What about all the other pages that have come forward?

What about the REPUBLICAN aids that are saying it's true and they knew about it for ELEVEN YEARS.

BULL****
BULL****
BULL****
Rom, we all know its BS. These are little acts of desperation and are really quite pathetic IMO.

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Post by joequinn » 10-05-2006 05:42 PM

Linnea, this is what you have committed yourself to support. This!

Iris
Pirate

Post by Iris » 10-05-2006 09:20 PM

My opinion of people who defend pedophiles...
We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately. B. Franklin

mudwoman
Pirate

Post by mudwoman » 10-05-2006 09:22 PM

Iris wrote: My opinion of people who defend pedophiles...
LOL That is higher than mine! ;)

S
TTTM

SooSoo
Pirate

Post by SooSoo » 10-05-2006 09:35 PM

Foley is guilty, and should be gone...no one doubts that. These pages that are now worried about their political careers, I think after this, will probably not have political careers to worry about.

Rombaldi
Call Me "Hussein"

Post by Rombaldi » 10-05-2006 09:40 PM

SooSoo wrote: Foley is guilty, and should be gone...no one doubts that.
Then why in the name of all that's holy did you post this absolute piece of BULL****!

No second chances.
Republican - re·pub·li·can (r-pbl-kn) - political party, which will control part of Congress 2011-2012, undermining the strength of the country - on purpose, in public, without apology or shame - simply for a campaign advantage in 2012.

Jon-Marcus
Pirate

Post by Jon-Marcus » 10-05-2006 09:45 PM

Perhaps so we could see what Drudge is saying about this ... abomination.
"You have forgotten the face of your father." Roland Deschain

Iris
Pirate

Post by Iris » 10-05-2006 10:14 PM

Perhaps not.

And Sandy -- LOLOLOLOLOL! Mine too, but I was trying to follow Linnea's new rules. :D

I would be absolutely ashamed to post any of the comments I've seen here lately trying to soft-pedal anything about this Foley situation. I could not face my maker with that on my conscience.
We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately. B. Franklin

SooSoo
Pirate

Post by SooSoo » 10-05-2006 11:43 PM

Rombaldi wrote: Then why in the name of all that's holy did you post this absolute piece of BULL****!

No second chances.

Because it is news. I had not seen this information posted as of yet, some might be interested.

Look, any rational person would agree that, no matter what the circumstances, Foley should have not acted as he did. Thank goodness the guy is gone! But who else knew, and for how long? How long did people sit on information that could have been helpful in protecting these pages before they came forward? Did they purposfully wait for an opportune time (30 some days prior to an election) to make public this information for political gain? If this is so, were pages put in jeopardy by someone's unwillingness to speak out in a timely manner?

Iris
Pirate

Post by Iris » 10-05-2006 11:54 PM

SooSoo wrote: How long did people sit on information that could have been helpful in protecting these pages before they came forward?
Some Republicans knew about it for ten years and covered it up. At least ten years. That's just about Foley.

And they've sat on much, much more, and prolly are still sitting on much, much more. Did you read Sandy's Gannon/Guckert thread in National? Did you follow the link in her recent post there and view the video that powerful Republicans managed to get pulled from TV airing?

SooSoo
Pirate

Post by SooSoo » 10-05-2006 11:57 PM

Originally posted by Iris
And they've sat on much, much more, and prolly are still sitting on much, much more. Did you read Sandy's Gannon/Guckert thread in National? Did you follow the link in her recent post there and view the video that powerful Republicans managed to get pulled from TV airing?

No, I hadn't heard about this. Is it posted on the FF?

Return to “Politics and Government Pre-2007”