Yep...It's Official

Archive - Caveat Emptor!

Moderator: Super Moderators

Free Spirit

Yep...It's Official

Post by Free Spirit » 04-12-2007 06:29 PM

Since the majority of differing opinions have either been booted off or see little reason to catch hell for posting their opinion, this site sure has lost alot of appeal.

As I predicted, it (this site) has unfortunately been reduced to mostly "Happy Birthday" threads as well as posts ending in, "...I completely agree" or something similar.

For the sake of interesting debates and topics, I hope others will return because I use to enjoy this site...hopefully it can regain appeal.

jmo
Getcherheadonright

majda
Pirate

Re: Yep...It's Official

Post by majda » 04-12-2007 07:14 PM

Free Spirit wrote: Since the majority of differing opinions have either been booted off or see little reason to catch hell for posting their opinion, this site sure has lost alot of appeal.

As I predicted, it (this site) has unfortunately been reduced to mostly "Happy Birthday" threads as well as posts ending in, "...I completely agree" or something similar.

For the sake of interesting debates and topics, I hope others will return because I use to enjoy this site...hopefully it can regain appeal.

jmo

Yes Free Spirit, I know. There are people that I really miss these days...good people!
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government -- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

Biker
Pirate

Post by Biker » 04-12-2007 07:27 PM

Yup. I like hangin' out with folks I agree with most usually. Makes for good fishin' partners but the conversations can get boring as hell.;)
A good debate is something to enjoy and learn from, not to be feared unless you're afraid your ideas won't hold up.

Biker
"Bring me my broadsword and clear understanding".

Ian Anderson

Blarrgon7
Pirate

Post by Blarrgon7 » 04-12-2007 07:31 PM

I miss the conspiracy section with Mr. Lear. And Rombaldi. Don't forget Rombaldi.
"It may be that our role on this planet is not to worship God, but to create him." - Arthur C. Clarke

HB3

Post by HB3 » 04-12-2007 08:48 PM

Just don't call anyone 'nappy'!

Biker
Pirate

Post by Biker » 04-12-2007 09:02 PM

Nope, ya don't wanna do that. Call 'em 'white boys' and you'll be just fine, though.

Biker
"Bring me my broadsword and clear understanding".

Ian Anderson

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 04-12-2007 09:43 PM

Yah, I miss many of those who no longer post here as well. Some had accounts suspended, but many others just moved on.

Diverse opinions are welcome here. Not radical right or left agitation though, or those posting with agendas who come to disrupt and to troll without regard for the forum community.

If you have information that is interesting or of value to you - post it for discussion - and with respect and regard for others here.

It is really good to see many of you doing just that.

Thanks for your participation.

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 04-12-2007 10:11 PM

Biker wrote: A good debate is something to enjoy and learn from, not to be feared unless you're afraid your ideas won't hold up.

Biker

I don't agree with eating elk or riding a motorcycle:p :D

P.S. Linn you said it well.......respect...:)

teresius
Pirate

really, my last post

Post by teresius » 04-13-2007 03:17 PM

linnea, i respect that this is your forum and you can do what you want with it.
you should, however, have the courtesy to be up-front with the people that post here, as they really don't know what's going on (the only reason that i know is that i've been receiving emails from some of the people that were planked and/or left). yes, you can be planked for a view that doesn't "fit in." for example, look at poor bropous. the guy was referred here by art bell and has some similar stances on 9-11 as art. he posted ONCE, was welcomed by everyone (but you, linnea) and then banned. take a look at his ONE POST. what is so radical or divisive about it?
by your new rules, would art bell be allowed to post?
this new rule sickens me.
the board shows the results. free spirit was and is right.
what were neamhain, black irish, and soosoo doing that was so bad? even cherrykelly deserves better.
linnea, are your belief systems so fragile that they can't stand up to scrutiny?
i really, really, thought this board and you were better than that. i hope that you'll come around.
i miss posting here. i miss the people and the discussions.
linn, it's not weakness to admit that you were wrong.
now that i've got that off of my chest (and am probably planked for it), i'm gone. once again, somebody please drop me a line when/if this ridiculous rule is reversed. goodbye all, i miss you.
t
email me directly at: teresius "at" comcast.net (all one word, of course)

IronsGold
Pirate

Post by IronsGold » 04-13-2007 04:29 PM

I have nothing to say or add, as teresius has stated the situation perfectly.

Except to say, "Hi majda! Have you seen any rabbits?!!"
"What fresh hell is this?"
Dorothy Parker

majda
Pirate

Post by majda » 04-13-2007 04:57 PM

IronsGold wrote: I have nothing to say or add, as teresius has stated the situation perfectly.

Except to say, "Hi majda! Have you seen any rabbits?!!"

Nope. Just a great big weasel! :D :D :D Take care of that little guy!

I sure miss both of you here...:(
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government -- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

Raggedyann
Pirate

Re: Yep...It's Official

Post by Raggedyann » 04-13-2007 06:29 PM

Free Spirit wrote: Since the majority of differing opinions have either been booted off or see little reason to catch hell for posting their opinion, this site sure has lost alot of appeal.

jmo

This site is going in a great direction! No point posting if your going to get called ugly names in clever lingo. There were many folks who spent a lot of time reading here and would not post for fear of ridicule and name calling.

I mean no offense to people who used to be here. I'm talking strictly about the new direction of the FF. :) I believe that the changes will attract a lot of good people too.

Shirleypal
Pirate

Re: Re: Yep...It's Official

Post by Shirleypal » 04-13-2007 06:43 PM

Raggedyann wrote: This site is going in a great direction! No point posting if your going to get called ugly names in clever lingo. There were many folks who spent a lot of time reading here and would not post for fear of ridicule and name calling.

I mean no offense to people who used to be here. I'm talking strictly about the new direction of the FF. :) I believe that the changes will attract a lot of good people too.

Thank you Raggedyann, great post.:)

Raggedyann
Pirate

Re: Re: Re: Yep...It's Official

Post by Raggedyann » 04-13-2007 07:10 PM

Shirleypal wrote: Thank you Raggedyann, great post.:)

My pleasure! :)

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Post by joequinn » 04-13-2007 09:11 PM

One of the fundamental laws of the physical universe is the Second Law of Thermodynamics AKA the Entropic Principle. What the Entropic Principle says is that everything starts off great and then ends up in such a pathetic condition that a bullet through the brain becomes a great mercy. From individual molecules to mass media programs --- and everything in between --- it's all the same story.

I was one of the original individuals on The Fantastic Forum, when it was unknown, unheralded... and hot. But by the fall of 2004, no-man's land in World War I was a Victorian tea party compared to what The Fantastic Forum became.

Yes, quite a number of people have been booted off this forum, but my fate here has been the worst of all. I could sit in the middle of The Fantastic Forum all day long, spouting the vilest obscenities and attaching them to the names of forum members --- and nobody would even blink an eye. That's because I have become the village idiot of The Fantastic Forum and nothing that I could do here would surprise anybody in the slightest.

So I sit in the middle of the forum, talking violently to myself and making spasmodic gestures as people calmly walk by, not even registering my image on their retinas. But just remember what the poet said: much madness at times can be divinest sense. (As one can tell from my complex, post-O'Neill, post-Brokeback but ohhhhhhhhh-so-borrrrrrrrring thread on Brideshead Revisited). And so it goes... :D :D :D
Last edited by joequinn on 04-13-2007 09:14 PM, edited 1 time in total.
"Fuggedah about it, Jake --- it's Chinatown!"

Return to “Politics and Government Pre-2007”