No Technical Know-How Needed:

Leading edge technology. Nanobots, gen tech, zero gravity?

Moderator: Super Moderators

megman
Parrothead

No Technical Know-How Needed:

Post by megman » 08-19-2011 12:06 AM

Endless Forms Web Site Helps Users 'Breed' 3-D Printable Objects

ScienceDaily (Aug. 18, 2011) — Forget draft tables and complicated computer-aided design programs: You dream it. Endless Forms helps you design it.

Cornell University engineers are allowing anyone to point, click, collaborate and create online in the evolution of printable, three-dimensional objects. They aim to transform the design of art, architecture and artificial intelligence.

Their new, interactive website EndlessForms.com , allows users to design their own things -- from lamps and butterflies to furniture and faces -- without any technical knowledge and using the same principles that guide evolutionary biology.
Rest of article
Still an Original Pirate since Aug 2000
Wanna ride the Zamboni?

SquidInk

Post by SquidInk » 08-19-2011 11:57 PM

That looks interesting.

Still like the idea of a free (not as in beer) 3D model repository -- I guess this is going a step further. I'm still trying to understand the 'evolve' part...
For if it profit, none dare call it Treason.

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Post by Dale O Sea » 08-20-2011 02:41 PM

megman wrote: ....
Their new, interactive website EndlessForms.com , allows users to design their own things -- from lamps and butterflies to furniture and faces -- without any technical knowledge and using the same principles that guide evolutionary biology.
Rest of article

Evolutionary biology? No Creationism?

He says, "Let there be..." and there it ls..much more profound and expeditious.

;) :lol:
[size=0]"Question everything, especially your media and their motives. -Me[/size]

Return to “Technology”