If you love science and the oatmeal....

Leading edge technology. Nanobots, gen tech, zero gravity?

Moderator: Super Moderators

megman
Parrothead

If you love science and the oatmeal....

Post by megman » 08-16-2012 09:39 PM

Then here is a deal you cannot "resist"

Matthew Inman of the http://theoatmeal.com is rallying for donations to save the property of one Nikola Tesla in New York, and convert it into a museum for his work..

It will only take a minute for you to click through -

http://theoatmeal.com/blog/tesla_museum

Donate if you can.. if not please blog it, email it, or share the page on facebook.
Still an Original Pirate since Aug 2000
Wanna ride the Zamboni?

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Post by Dale O Sea » 08-16-2012 10:23 PM

I saw this somewhere earlier - maybe heard it on the radio or podcast - and was pleased it was for Nicola and not the car - which has been in the news as a possible fail lately.

They should just haul all that crap out of Edison's Menlo Park museum and use that space too. Most were Tesla's ideas anyways.

Looks and sounds very worthwhile - I wish them much success.

megman
Parrothead

Post by megman » 08-17-2012 05:18 PM

I echo your sediments Dale.

Tesla got the bum's rap in my books. Grant you, it didn't help when he started talking about Martians.:crazyjump
Wanna ride the Zamboni?

megman
Parrothead

Post by megman » 05-07-2013 11:45 PM

UPDATE!!!!

NY group buys Tesla property, plans science center

Tuesday May 07, 2013 | The Associated Press
Suburban NY group buys Nikola Tesla property after successful crowd funding effort

MINEOLA, N.Y. (AP) — A New York community group that raised $1.3 million in a six-week Internet crowd funding effort last year has purchased a laboratory once used by visionary scientist Nikola Tesla.

Jane Alcorn is president of the Tesla Science Center at Wardenclyffe on Long Island. Her group bought the Tesla lab and property last week for $850,000.

Tesla was a rival of Thomas Edison who imagined a world of free electricity. He conducted experiments in the early 20th century at his laboratory in Shoreham, about 65 miles east of New York City.

Volunteers had struggled for nearly two decades to acquire the property. They got a jolt of support last year when Seattle cartoonist Matthew Inman promoted the effort on his website, theoatmeal.com.

Within weeks, they had $1.3 million.

http://www.newsdaily.com/article/084122 ... nce-center
Wanna ride the Zamboni?

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 05-07-2013 11:50 PM

nice. I had been following this and am glad they got support.
The heartbreaking necessity of lying about reality and the heartbreaking impossibility of lying about it.

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle

Return to “Technology”