Political Humor

~ for laffs ;-> Originally started by Ole 63 - 'Hey, ladies. Get with the program'

Moderator: Super Moderators

Riddick
Pirate

Keeping Up With The Times

Post by Riddick » 06-25-2008 11:45 PM

adapted from "McCain's Ipod*" by OWCH @DailyKOS

In light of Rolling Stone's revelation of the contents of Barack Obama's iPod, the McCain campaign has released photos of the Arizona Senator's personal listening device:

McCain himself frequently refers to the sleek, eco-friendly audio apparatus as his "g-phone, yo".

Also included in the press release is a short excerpt of the GOP candidate's current playlist favorites:

Woodchopper's Hornpipe | The True And Trembling Brakeman | That Crazy War (of 1812) | Globe Trotting Nelly Bly | Adam In The Garden Pinnin' Leaves | Roll The Cotton Down | Granny Does Your Dog Bite | Hop Up, My Ladies | Cluck Old Hen | Boys All My Money's Gone | Gonna Keep My Skillet Greasy | and an ode to his lovely wife, Cindy: Liberty Off The Corn Liquor Still

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 07-10-2008 04:47 PM

Andy Siedeidt for President??

Granny: Who was that on the telly-phone, Jed?

Jed: One of them election pollers askin' who I was intendin' to vote for this fall

Granny: That's a little odd ainnit. Do you even intend to vote for presi-dent at all this year?

Jed: Well that's a good question Granny, considerin' as it seems there's just the three choices we got

Granny: Only three?

Jed: I thought there ought t'be more too Granny but that's all the poller give me. Just Obama, McCain and a third fella

Granny: Well I know if ya listen t'Miss Jane y'd think the world's gonna end if Obama don't get elected...

Jed: ...And then y'got Mister Drysdale predictin' army-geddon if McCain ain't the winner...

Granny: A disaster either way eh?

Jed: That's how it looks. Myself, I don't rightly cotton to be voting for either. Besides not trusting 'em as far's I can throw 'em, I don't care for the games those parties of theirs play

Granny: Me neither. Who's the third choice they give ya?

Jed: Some feller named Andy Siedeidt. As it is I picked him even tho I never heard of 'em. Way I figure, he can't be any worse than them other two

Granny: Can't say I know of any third party candidate by that name. Y'think he's running as an independent?

Jed: Here comes Jethro, let's ask him... Jethro, what's the story about Andy Siedeidt for President?

Jethro: Well, if you can't decide on Obama or McCain, that's the type of voter you are.

Granny: An Andy Siedeidt voter?

Jethro: That's right. That's all there is to it

Jed: WELLL DOGGIE! Now as we got that cleared up, I know for sure how I'll be votin' this fall. Thanks, boy.

Jethro: No problem Uncle Jed. But all the same, I got something to tell you that may change your vote...

Jed: What's that?

Jethro: I'M thinking about running for President!

Granny: Saints Alive! Talk about the end of days

Jethro: Aw, c'mon Granny! What else am I supposed to do with my brilliant 6th grade educated brain?

Granny: Well, compared to what's been at least you got that much. Some folks ARE looking for a change!

Jethro: That's right Granny. And I got it all figured out. I just tell voters what they want to hear...

Granny: Isn't that what they all do? That's nothing new!

Jethro: But that's not all. I'm going to win folks over with my magnetic charm & handsome good looks

Granny: Let me smell your breath!

Jethro: No, really Granny! I've got a cult of personality sort of thing going already

Granny: How big IS it right now?

Jethro: Well, there's hound-dog Duke but he can't vote. And there was Miss Jane 'til she flipped for Obama...

Jed: Make life easy on yourself & stick with your Double-Nought spying, boy.

Riddick
Pirate

'Obama!' McCain! 'Obama!' - You Know, the Season is Upon Us,

Post by Riddick » 08-25-2008 12:04 PM

Image Is it RABBIT season? Is it DUCK season?... NO !

It's Political Party Convention Season
& ELECT-A-MANIA is RUNNING WILD...

( not to mention shooting off of mouths )
Check here for Elect-A-Mania UPDATES -
(Pomp & Circumstance: U know u like it)

>-- and NOW, ON with the Show ! --<

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 08-26-2008 09:29 PM

Some Political One-Liners from Mark Evanier

"Mitt Romney is going around saying that John and Cindy McCain deserve all their mansions and riches because of all the 'hard work' they've done to get them. Damn straight. Do you think it's easy to inherit a fortune from a rich father or to marry a woman who did?"

"I've decided to become a 'values' voter. I'm going to throw my support behind politicians who can speak for one whole minute without using the word 'values.'"

"Passing Observation: I'd forgotten that 95% of a political convention is about as interesting as watching a Chia Pet sprout."

Riddick
Pirate

Who will win the vote? TOON IN & See!

Post by Riddick » 08-27-2008 08:55 PM

'Time to employ a little stragedy!' -
Wascally Wabbit Wuns for Office

Image Squint-Eyed Seaman
has 'Presidenshkle' Aspirations

He's not Den Kucinich, but he eats his spinach -
He's POPEYE THE Sailorman
toot toot :D

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 08-28-2008 03:39 PM

The Three Stooges: Unconventional Conventioneers?

Well, maybe not TOO unconventional ;) -

'What we need are three delegates who are too dumb to think & will do what we tell them'

- the boys have their day at Presidential Politics
in "Three Dark Horses"

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 08-28-2008 03:48 PM

RIDDICK you did it again...:D

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 08-29-2008 05:31 PM

DeathValleyScotty
Pirate

Post by DeathValleyScotty » 09-10-2008 12:56 AM

A cannibal was walking through the jungle and came upon a restaurant operated by a fellow cannibal. Feeling somewhat hungry, he sat down and looked over the menu...

+ Tourist: $5
+ Broiled Missionary: $10.00
+ Fried Explorer: $15.00
+ Baked Democrat or Grilled Republican: $100.00

The cannibal called the waiter over and asked, 'Why such a price difference for the Politicians?'

The cook replied, 'Have you ever tried to clean one? They're so full of $h*t, it takes all morning.'
None of us is as smart as ALL of us...

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 09-21-2008 02:49 PM

Did you hear that Sarah Palin's computer was broken into?

McCain's campaign people told John about it and that her firewall had been comprised as well.
His reply was....
" you mean Sarah is pregnant again?"

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 10-03-2008 05:49 PM

Investment tips for 2008

With all the turmoil in the market today and the collapse of Lehman Bros and Acquisition of Merrill Lynch by Bank of America this might be some good advice. For all of you with any moggney left, be aware of the next expected mergers so that you can get in on the ground floor and make some BIG bucks.

Watch for these consolidations in later this year:

1.) Hale Business Systems, Mary Kay Cosmetics, Fuller Brush, and W R. Grace Co. Will merge and become:
Hale, Mary, Fuller, Grace.

2.) Polygram Records, Warner Bros., and Zesta Crackers join forces and become:
Poly, Warner Cracker.

3.) 3M will merge with Goodyear and become:
MMMGood.

4. Zippo Manufacturing, Audi Motors, Dofasco, and Dakota Mining will merge and become:
ZipAudiDoDa .

5. FedEx is expected to join its competitor, UPS, and become:
FedUP.

6. Fairchild Electronics and Honeywell Computers will become:
Fairwell Honeychild.

7. Grey Poupon and Docker Pants are expected to become:
PouponPants.

8. Knotts Berry Farm and the National Organization of Women will become:
Knott NOW!

And finally...

9. Victoria 's Secret and Smith &Wesson will merge under the new name:
TittyTittyBangBang

DeathValleyScotty
Pirate

The Orange Suit

Post by DeathValleyScotty » 07-25-2009 12:39 AM

If she turns around, you'll see "Department of Corrections" printed on the
back of the shirt.
None of us is as smart as ALL of us...

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 08-04-2009 05:55 PM

The recession will be over when the skinny lady sings, you know the lady who used to be fat.

This was an email sent to CNN

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 08-12-2009 01:34 PM

Fed keeps inerest rates unchanged at historic lows and signals economy is starting to stabilize.

CNN headlines news on 8-12-09 (1:30pm cdst)

hehehehehehehe -- someone didn't edit!

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 07-24-2010 06:39 PM

A Guide to the Immutable Laws of Politics

To understand what's happening in American politics it's essential to look beyond the news interviews and press releases to identify the immutable laws that govern the behavior of politicians, just as the laws of physics explain the activities of electrons. Here are some laws which attempt to do for politics what Newton did for gravity and Pythagoras did for triangles:

Hall's Laws of Politics
1. Voters want fewer taxes and more spending.
2. Citizens want honest politicians until they want something fixed.
3. Constituency drives out consistency (i.e., liberals defend military spending, and conservatives social spending in their own districts).

H. L. Mencken's Law: Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach.
Martin's Extension: Those who cannot teach, administrate.

Hacker's Law:
The belief that enhanced understanding will necessarily stir a nation to action is one of mankind's oldest illusions.

David Broder's Law:
Anyone who wants the presidency enough that he will spend two years organizing and campaigning for it is not to be trusted with the office.

John Dean's Law of D.C.
Washington is a much better place if you are asking questions rather than answering them.

Dirksen's Three Laws of Politics
1. Get elected.
2. Get re-elected.
3. Don't get mad, get even.

Evans' Law of Political Perfidy
When our friends get into power, they aren't our friends anymore.

Galbraith's Law of Political Wisdom
Anyone who says he isn't going to resign, four times, definitely will.

O'Brien's First Law of Politics:
The more campaigning, the better.

Cohen's Laws of Politics:
Law of Alienation:
Nothing can so alienate a voter from the political system as backing a winning candidate.
Law of Competition:
The more qualified candidates who are available, the more likely the compromise will be on the candidate whose main qualification is a nonthreatening incompetence.
Law of Inside Dope:
There are many inside dopes in politics and government.
Law of Lawmaking:
Those who express random thoughts to legislative committees are often surprised and appalled to find themselves the instigators of law.
Law of Secrecy:
The best way to publicize a governmental or political action is to attempt to hide it.
Law of Wealth:
Victory goes to the candidate with the most accumulated or contributed wealth who has the financial resources to convince the middle class and poor that he will be on their side.
Law of Wisdom:
Wisdom is considered a sign of weakness by the powerful because a wise man can lead without power but only a powerful man can lead without wisdom.

Michels’ Law:
All forms of organization, regardless of how democratic or autocratic they may be at the start, will eventually and inevitably develop into oligarchies.

Pournelle’s Iron Law:
Any bureaucratic organization has two kinds of people: those who work to further the organization's actual goals, and those who work for the organization itself. An education example would be teachers who work and sacrifice to teach children vs. union reps who work to protect any teacher, including the most incompetent. In all cases, the second type of person will always gain control of the organization, and will always write the rules under which the organization functions.

Joan Beck's Laws of Political Campaigns
Law of Gestures:
A candidate's gestures increase in direct proportion to the number of his media consultants.
Law of Expenses:
Campaign expenses always rise to exceed contributions.
Law of Speech:
How much a candidate says about the real issues varies in inverse proportion to the number of reporters covering his speech.
Law of Image:
In political campaigns, an ounce of image is worth a pound of ideas.
Law of TV Time:
Campaigning expands to fill the TV time available.
Law of Flubs:
The easiest way for a candidate to make the evening news is to tell a racist or sexist joke that's overheard or to inadvertently insult an ethnic group.
Law of Budget Deficits:
The seriousness of the budget deficit varies with incumbency. For example, Democratic party politicians saw far more economic peril in the Bush 43 administration's fiscal shortfalls than they do now with the Obama administration's much larger deficits; in a similar fashion GOP politicians had been much more concerned over Carter administration deficits than those amassed during Reagan's term of office.
Law of Bureaucratic Immutability:
No matter who gets elected, the bureaucracy won't budge.

Return to “Laugh a bit with Ole 68”