Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 02-14-2007 08:12 PM

It made me cry.

daboodaddy
Pirate

Post by daboodaddy » 02-15-2007 04:49 PM

Broken people on both sides. Tears for our troops and the innocents.:(
Question EVERYTHING, even your OWN thoughts.
A "Daboodaddyism"

daboodaddy
Pirate

Post by daboodaddy » 02-15-2007 05:00 PM

I glommed this from another site. Interesting take on what we have become.

From a Veterans For Peace email:

http://www.veteransforpeace.org/

Iraq was a country of roughly 24 million people. If the U.S. had endured comparable casualties , every person in Atlanta, Denver, Boston, Seattle, Milwaukee, Fort Worth, Baltimore, San Francisco, Dallas and Philadelphia would be dead. Every. Single. Person.

Beyond that unimaginable death toll, every person in Vermont, Delaware, Hawaii, Idaho, Nebraska, Nevada, Kansas, Mississippi, Iowa, Oregon, South Carolina, and Colorado would be wounded. Every. Single. Person.

Might that finally be the point where we stopped politely asking Congress to please end the war, and started taking over their offices in every state in the union?

Historian and VFP member, Howard Zinn says it best: Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience. Our problem is that people all over the world have obeyed the dictates of leaders and millions have been killed because of this obedience. Our problem is that people are obedient all over the world in the face of poverty and starvation and stupidity, and war, and cruelty. Our problem is that people are obedient while the jails are full of petty thieves(and) the grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem."

Our problem is civil obedience.
Last edited by daboodaddy on 02-15-2007 05:03 PM, edited 1 time in total.
A "Daboodaddyism"

TexasGuy
Pirate

Post by TexasGuy » 02-16-2007 04:38 PM

I couldn't agree more

majda
Pirate

Post by majda » 02-16-2007 04:39 PM

Humbling...
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government -- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

TexasGuy
Pirate

Post by TexasGuy » 02-17-2007 08:31 AM

Must I ask the real question here?

OK I will.

Where are the "war supporters"? Why do they avoid such posts like this?

Come on....I know some of you are viewing this....so why not chime in and tell the rest of us why we are so wrong to find this disturbing and unacceptable.

Cowards. That is the answer.....get it? As in NO BRAVERY.

Which was the purpose of this post.

If this doesn't effect your opinion of this war.....

Well, maybe some of you need to take a long hard look in the mirror and ask yourself why.
Last edited by TexasGuy on 02-17-2007 08:45 AM, edited 1 time in total.

daboodaddy
Pirate

Post by daboodaddy » 02-17-2007 05:00 PM

Why haven't these "War Supporters" enlisted to go over there if they are of the age to do so?
A "Daboodaddyism"

Divinorumus
Pirate

Post by Divinorumus » 02-17-2007 05:34 PM

Might that finally be the point where we stopped politely asking Congress to please end the war, and started taking over their offices in every state in the union?
Odd ... How did you all loose control of your nation like that ? I would have thought congress should be asking YOU if they should continue the war or not ! Down with gangs and gangsters ! A government should be at the beck and call of their employers. You humons got this stuff all backwards down here on earth, no wonder so many things aren't working correctly, your motors are all running in reverse - ha.
Our problem is civil obedience.
You got that right, you trained monkeys of earth! Roll over and you too can have a biscuit dipped in gravy. They keep you all in line and in check by making you think you don't own jack here on earth and you aren't entitled to anything to start with ! That's right, not a single soul born upon this planet is entitled to anything for free just for being here. And soon, not even the air you breath will be free ! I mean, how can any gang come along and grab a bunch of land which actually isn't theirs anyhow, and then proclaim it theirs to sell, and you must now buy from them if you want to live anywhere .. and pay them taxes if you want to continue to do so ... ... What a jack planet, huh ? Who are these turds that showed up first, and enslaved everyone that arrived after them and turned them into cowards, hum ? And how ?

Think of how dependent you all have now become ... Look at that whole New Orleans thang - ha, good grief, I saw it .. I saw people just hanging out there waiting for jebus to come save them and take care of them ... but I still found it hard to believe. What the HELL have you all allowed yourselves to become and your government to become ? "Help me, help me, woe is us now, for we are cowards and weaklings!" And worse than that , how could you all have allowed your own government to turn so many , maybe most , into such pitiful and enslaved creatures of earth ?

Unbelievable how you have allowed them to reduce yous all to an incapable species and have taken everything away from you like they have. And then to make matters worse and to add insult to injury, they come jack your income too, taking from you your blood sweat and tears .. and then they use that to create even more dependent cowards ! Unbelievable ..

It will be the young that will have to pick up sticks and stones and stop all this and begin to build a united one world order after the great cleansing !!! You should encourage your young to fight for their natural given rights and train them well so that they can survive and fight for the independence of all across this planet. Down with these gangs (a.k.a. nations) and their wicked gangsters and their enslaved followers - ha ! I sure we'll hear from the non-cowards once the food wars begin this fall ..

Return to “National”