Moderator: Super Moderators

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 07-05-2009 05:59 PM

Michael Jackson's ghost at Neverland? Clip of Larry King video:

http://current.com/items/90344374_micha ... e-show.htm

Live365
Ship's Bos'n

Post by Live365 » 07-05-2009 06:16 PM

I don't know. Ian Punnet had some guy on last week that "channeled" Michael Jackson. At first I thought :o :o :o :o , I can't believe I'm actually listening to this. But I'll be god-damned, if it didn't sound like the real thing. So yeah. Ghost at Neverland? Maybe.
Did you ever stop to think, and then forget to start again?

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 07-05-2009 07:24 PM

Oh wow. I saw it. That's really weird. Don't know what to think!
Image Anchors Aweigh!

cherry
Pirate

Post by cherry » 07-06-2009 03:02 AM

The creeps will probably fly a small plane with a UFO trailer over the Jackson memorial service on Tuesday. They'll want them to believe sleep deprivation is from the aliens ... :eek: :(

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 07-06-2009 06:29 AM

KING OF POP
Blanket TV coverage for Jackson memorial
Jul 06, 2009 04:30 AM | ASSSOCIATED PRESS

NEW YORK – NBC executives changed their minds yesterday and decided to join other networks that will televise Michael Jackson's memorial service live this week.

NBC joins ABC, CNN, MSNBC and E! Entertainment in offering the ceremony live. It's set for 10 a.m. Los Angeles time (1 p.m. Eastern) at L.A.'s Staples Center.

NBC had initially planned only a one-hour prime-time special tomorrow night but said yesterday it would also cover the event live.

CNN has seen its ratings soar with the Jackson story and it will show the memorial on the main network and HLN (formerly Headline News). CNN International will air the ceremony to the rest of the world.

Yesterday, in a sermon at the First African Methodist Episcopal Church in L.A., Rev. Al Sharpton called for nationwide "love vigils" for Jackson tomorrow.

Sharpton urged people to gather in schools, community centres and churches to honour Jackson while the public memorial service is being held.

While thousands of fans say goodbye at the Staples Center, Los Angeles police say Jackson's family is planning a private ceremony at a cemetery in the Hollywood Hills.

Assistant Chief Jim McDonnell said yesterday that his department is working with the Jackson family on a "private family function" at the Forest Lawn cemetery. He had no other details.

Continued at LINK: http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/article/661280
Image Anchors Aweigh!

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Post by joequinn » 07-06-2009 10:24 AM

The media ruling class is turning this entire thing into a hypnotic spectacle. Can you imagine what will be happening on Wall Street when nobody is looking? I mean, literally, during the funeral itself...

:(
"Fuggedah about it, Jake --- it's Chinatown!"

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 07-06-2009 12:15 PM

Whatever else we do or speculate on, I hope we can all be mindful of three children who have lost their father. In the days and weeks ahead, I will be sending prayers and healing thoughts for them. They have suddenly lost their protector, and are in an extremely vulnerable situation.

Article here from NY Daily News:

Michael Jackson's love for his children was all magic, no trick, party magician says - Sunday, July 5th 2009, 2:53 AM

LOS ANGELES - Christmas was two months past, but there was still a pair of withering Christmas wreaths on the front gate and the grounds beyond were poorly tended.

The plants needed watering and this Holmby Hills mansion was itself falling into disrepair - not at all what the magician Rob Zabrecky expected from having seen photos of Michael Jackson's previous residences, the Neverland Ranch and the family compound in Encino, Calif.

"Disheartening," Zabrecky recalled. "We have this grand picture of how this person lives on this grand scale, always surrounding himself by things he loved."

As Zabrecky would later recount to L.A. Weekly and then to the Daily News, security guards took him to a side room. He waited with the three other acts hired for the show, a Double Dutch team, a juggler and a Hula-Hooper.

Zabrecky went second. He stepped into the backyard and noticed a toy pirate ship bobbing in the swimming pool, right out of Peter Pan and Neverland, yet battered, the sails broken.

"Lost at sea and in a storm, but still floating," he recalled.

Zabrecky did not see the crowd of kids or the balloons or the cake he anticipated when he was hired to perform at a birthday party for the youngest of Jackson's three children, Prince Michael Jackson 2nd, known as Blanket.

Zabrecky saw only the birthday boy, his siblings and their father on a row of patio chairs. The father was at the end, not surprising in black pajamas, wide-brimmed hat and sunglasses.

The children sat beside him in ascending order of age. What was immediately remarkable about them was how much they dressed and looked like children.

"Normal," Zabrecky later noted.

The biggest and best surprise regarding all four Jacksons was made only more so by the disrepair of the house and the grounds.

"They seemed like a really happy family and to see that was beautiful," Zabrecky said. "They just kept smiling."

Unlike some children he has encountered, the Jackson kids remained attentive and appreciative through the whole performance.

"These kids were focused. They were going to see a show," Zabrecky remembered. "Spoiled children won't give you their attention."

The show was interrupted when a helicopter clattered overhead. The children had each brought some Indian print fabric, and they covered themselves with accustomed ease to guard against paparazzi shots from above.

"It just seemed, 'This is the part [when] we have to cover ourselves because of a helicopter. ... This is what we do,'" Zabrecky said.

The helicopter flew on and the children uncovered. The show proceeded to the finale, a shrinking card trick that seemed to be their favorite.

The father joined in applauding and thanking the magician at the end.

"A great audience member," Zabrecky said of the star who had thrilled millions from the stage.

Then it was over, and Zabrecky walked back out through the disrepair that made what was manifestly intact only more remarkable. Here was true magic that involved no tricks.

"I left with a really warm sense that these were four peas in a pod," Zabrecky said.

Four months after that Feb. 21 party, tragedy struck. Grieving fans were still piling fresh flowers in front of the gates yesterday.

Someone had replaced the withering wreaths with fresh ones, complete with red ribbons and oversize pine cones, perhaps because Christmas was always such an important holiday for Jackson and his kids.

"Big time," a former head of security noted.

They will never have another Christmas together, nor a Fourth of July weekend such as so many happy families are now enjoying.

The stark fact that three kids have lost their father is what should be foremost in everybody's mind as we proceed to Tuesday and what is neither a show nor a spectacle, but a memorial.

For the sake of the three forever bereft of a fourth, let's hope there is portent in that toy pirate ship right out of Peter Pan and Neverland, battered and broken as if by a storm, but still afloat.

[email protected]

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainmen ... KV3sPqO8&D

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 07-06-2009 02:26 PM

Linnea wrote: Michael Jackson's ghost at Neverland? Clip of Larry King video:

http://current.com/items/90344374_micha ... e-show.htm

Someone's edited this video down to just the few seconds where the transparent apparition appears in the doorway. It plays twice as it appeared on the show, at the beginning and end, and a few times in between with some sort of filters applied. Not sure what that's supposed to show. There are also some stills, and a really pixelated close-up video, but I can't make out much from them. I dunno what this is!

http://naturalplane.blogspot.com/2009/0 ... tured.html
Last edited by Joolz on 07-06-2009 02:29 PM, edited 1 time in total.
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 07-06-2009 02:33 PM

Linnea wrote: Whatever else we do or speculate on, I hope we can all be mindful of three children who have lost their father. In the days and weeks ahead, I will be sending prayers and healing thoughts for them. They have suddenly lost their protector, and are in an extremely vulnerable situation.

I agree. Regardless of what we may each think or feel personally, there are very real people involved here who have lost a loved one. The children have lost the only parent they've ever known. My heart goes out to them.

This is a touching article, Linnea. And the photo is wonderful. What sweeties they are. Bless them.
Image Anchors Aweigh!

ibme
Pirate

Post by ibme » 07-06-2009 02:47 PM

Not here, ibme... You can post this sort of thing at some tasteless, lurid hate site out there on the internet, but you will not post it here.*

*post edited by Administrator

ibme
Pirate

Post by ibme » 07-06-2009 04:00 PM

Not here, ibme... You can post this sort of thing at some tasteless, lurid hate site out there on the internet, but you will not post it here.*
Lurid hate site? What rule did I break, and what admin. deleted my post?

*Best advice (from Administrator):

Read the rules/policies of posting here:

http://www.fantasticforum.com/1aa_newsl ... rrrgh.html

If you have further questions, send an email via the 'Contact Us' link below.

Further disruption of this thread will be cause for immediate suspension.

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 07-07-2009 04:06 AM

Image Anchors Aweigh!

cherry
Pirate

Post by cherry » 07-07-2009 06:24 AM

Thanks, Joolz. I hope Mariah Carey sings "I'll Be There" at the memorial service today.

Live365
Ship's Bos'n

Post by Live365 » 07-07-2009 08:33 AM

I can't source it, because it was one of those things you just "hear" somewhere, but the one quote that will always stick with me is this: "Michael Jackson gave a lot to the world. But the most important lesson we should all learn from his life is that money and fame, are not enough".

Drudge keeps posting the headline that, because it was removed for autopsy, Mr. Jackson will be buried without his brain. I mean, Jesus God. Jesus Lord. When will enough be enough.

Today is the memorial service. I hope that puts an end to it. I hope they will finally let this man go in peace. Guilty or no of the various sins he was accused of, he deserves it. He deserves peace now. We all took more than our fair share from him.
Did you ever stop to think, and then forget to start again?

SquidInk

Post by SquidInk » 07-07-2009 09:13 AM

Who has his brain? And what are they planning on doing with it?
Last edited by SquidInk on 07-07-2009 09:23 AM, edited 1 time in total.
For if it profit, none dare call it Treason.

Return to “National”