The "racist" debate

National news scene

Moderator: Super Moderators

kbot
Pirate

The "racist" debate

Post by kbot » 05-09-2015 08:49 AM

The debate regarding race and racism has traditionally been portrayed, especially by the Far Left media, as an issue where whites are racists and blacks aren't.

So, this may be surprising (to some).........

Boston University prof flunks 'white masculinity' in controversial tweets

Critics say a newly-hired Boston University professor has crossed the line with recent tweets bashing whites, but the school says it’s simply free speech.

“White masculinity isn’t a problem for america’s colleges, white masculinity is THE problem for america’s colleges,” Saida Grundy, an incoming assistant professor of sociology and African-American studies at Boston University, tweeted in March.

In another tweet from January, she wrote: “Every MLK week I commit myself to not spending a dime in white-owned businesses. and every year i find it nearly impossible.”

In another, she called white males a “problem population.”

“White masculinity isn’t a problem for america’s colleges, white masculinity is THE problem for america’s colleges.”

- Saida Grundy, incoming assistant professor at Boston University

“Why is white America so reluctant to identify white college males as a problem population?” she asked.

The tweets were first noticed by student Nick Pappas, who posted them on his website “SoCawlege.com” and questioned how Grundy could be able to teach a diverse classroom given the racial hostility in her tweets.

“You have to teach college aged white males eventually, no?... this seems like you are unqualified to grade their work as you clearly demonstrate some kind of special bias against them,” he wrote.

Pappas, a junior at University of Massachusetts Amherst, told FoxNews.com that he hopes to “show the rest of America how nasty people on the far left can get at colleges.”

Those who follow campus politics say they are not shocked.

"I'm not surprised that Boston University is hiring a racist to teach African American Studies," David Horowitz, author of “Reforming our Univerisities” told FoxNews.com. "Anti-white racism is rampant in Black Studies programs which are generally indoctrination programs in left wing politics."

Boston University stands by the professor, who will start working at the college in June.

“Professor Grundy is exercising her right to free speech and we respect her right to do so,” Boston University spokesman Colin Riley said.

Grundy did not respond to a request for comment from FoxNews.com, and has made her twitter account private.

Horowitz said the university’s reaction betrays double-standards on race.

“If she were a white racist rather than an anti-white racist, she would never be hired. Professors are supposed to be experts in some scholarly field, and professionals in their classroom discourse. They don't have a license to indoctrinate students in their prejudices - whether those prejudices are right or left,” he said.

Grundy posted a number of other controversial tweets, for instance claiming that only whites enslaved entire generations of people. “Deal with your white sh*t, white people. slavery is a *YALL* thing,” she said.

Free speech advocates say that Grundy should have a right to her speech, but say the university speech policy is hypocritical because it allows the university to censor offensive or bigoted speech if it wanted to.

“Professor Grundy should and must have the freedom to publicly express her opinions on controversial topics. Unfortunately, though, [she] could be punished if she were to send such tweets through the BU computer network, as the university bans ‘transmitting...offensive’ material,” Robert Shibley of Foundation for Individual Rights in Education (FIRE) told FoxNews.com.

“In addition, if she were a student, she could also potentially be punished for violating policies banning ‘bigotry, hatred, and intolerance,’ and for not expressing her opinion ‘in good taste and decency.’ … [BU] should eliminate these policies so that it can defend every student and faculty member's right to free speech – not just Professor Grundy's.”

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/05/09/bo ... al-tweets/

Apparently, there is also that gender issue.........

Thing is, if I or anyone else used such language at work, the person would be fired on the spot. But, if you work in indoctrination (er, excuse me, "education") it's not only OK, but actually encouraged........
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 05-09-2015 09:31 AM

These people have a achieved the impossible....they are totally useless.
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 05-09-2015 11:44 AM

Doka,

For once I have to say your are incorrect. According to this one can go on and become anything from an Astronaut to a Zoo Administrator. The plethora of opportunities is breathless.

:D

http://africanastudies.unm.edu/major/index.html
A man's character is his fate

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 05-09-2015 07:08 PM

Doka wrote: These people have a achieved the impossible....they are totally useless.

Assuming here that you're referring to the far Far Left......... I don't think that BU has heard the end of this one.......
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

BenSlain
Pirate

Post by BenSlain » 05-09-2015 11:36 PM

Nobody is saying Asians will be a minority in Asia
Nobody is saying Africans will be a minority in Africa
They are only saying Whites will be minorities in EVERY White country by 2040.
That’s because “anti-racists” only enforce "Diversity" in White countries
“Anti-racists” want a world without White people
"Diversity" means chasing down the last white person.

It's genocide
Put in a prison cell, but one time he could-a been The champion of the world.

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 05-10-2015 02:22 AM

All species on earth change and evolve. Why would humans be any different?

Ben, you and I will not be around to see an ethnic integrated population on earth, so I'm not sure why you would care. I don't know why anybody would care.
Last edited by Raggedyann on 05-10-2015 03:19 AM, edited 1 time in total.
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 05-10-2015 04:30 AM

BenSlain wrote: Nobody is saying Asians will be a minority in Asia
Nobody is saying Africans will be a minority in Africa
They are only saying Whites will be minorities in EVERY White country by 2040.
That’s because “anti-racists” only enforce "Diversity" in White countries
“Anti-racists” want a world without White people
"Diversity" means chasing down the last white person.

It's genocide

And a social agenda

BenSlain
Pirate

Post by BenSlain » 05-11-2015 01:31 AM

Raggedyann wrote: All species on earth change and evolve. Why would humans be any different?

Ben, you and I will not be around to see an ethnic integrated population on earth, so I'm not sure why you would care. I don't know why anybody would care.

I don't really. It's just strange every race has some kind of pride thing going on. Cept one.
Put in a prison cell, but one time he could-a been The champion of the world.

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 05-11-2015 11:11 AM

BenSlain wrote: I don't really. It's just strange every race has some kind of pride thing going on. Cept one.

Well, the white's do. They're just not allowed a "holiday', or a "month" by the government in order to celebrate it as has been done for a number of other races.

So, I wonder if someone will file a class-action lawsuit claiming discrimination........ :eek: Sounds like an ACLU nightmare in the making.

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 05-11-2015 05:52 PM

BenSlain wrote: I don't really. It's just strange every race has some kind of pride thing going on. Cept one.

Of course the fact that people feel the need to celebrate their ethnicity wouldn't have anything to do with racism, oppression and exploitation in the paradigm of white royalty. Nah...none of this exists and never has.
Last edited by Raggedyann on 05-11-2015 05:56 PM, edited 1 time in total.
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 05-12-2015 12:12 AM

"I know there are people in the world who do not love their fellow human beings - and I hate people like that!" - Tom Lehrer

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 05-12-2015 12:00 PM

I really don't under stand the idea that in order to feel "protective" of a group, that I must "hate" another. That has never been a requirement, if so I would not act on it any way, I've spent a lot of life trying not to hate, blame, be greedy on and on.....I love solutions.But then again , it has never occured to me to have a favorite "Race'. We are all of the same race ,we are human beings, the thing that we all have in common is that we all suffer . Now, it appears, there is a suffering" Contest' going on. I refuse to play, I haven't the foggiest idea what people deserve, no one appointed me to that high of station. Karma IS a real thing, each and every soul is labored with its own baggage and I have all I can take care of, thank you.
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 05-12-2015 12:24 PM

Doka,

The majority of Americans are not racist as WHITES ran to the polls and overwhelmingly voted for Barack Obama. Now those are the facts. Those who are racist are not in the majority - not in this country. The facts just don't support that type of thinking.

In my opinion there will always be people who project their own insecurities, prejudices, paranoia and guilt onto the rest of us, while taking in information thru their skewed filter. What can we do about that????? Absolutely nothing and If they want to be delusional, have at it.

Really when you think about it, perhaps it's just easier for some to discount facts and bring the problem down to one's distaste for another one's skin.

Simple minded.
A man's character is his fate

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 05-12-2015 02:11 PM

Simple minded.

Hey Dio....May I join you? I have a framed saying on my bathroom wall that says "KISS". I think I should spend more time in the bathroom reading my wall!

:coolhat:
KARMA RULES

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 05-12-2015 02:24 PM

Albert says it better:

A human being is a part of the whole called by us universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feeling as something separated from the rest, a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty.”
― Albert Einstein
KARMA RULES

Return to “National”