The 11 Nations Of The United States

National news scene

Moderator: Super Moderators

Riddick
Pirate

The 11 Nations Of The United States

Post by Riddick » 04-13-2017 01:24 AM

Map Shows US Really Has 11 Separate 'Nations' / Entirely Different Cultures

In his fourth book, "American Nations: A History of the Eleven Rival Regional Cultures in North America," award-winning author Colin Woodard identifies 11 distinct cultures that have historically divided the US.

"The country has been arguing about a lot of fundamental things lately including state roles and individual liberty," Woodard, a Maine native who won the 2012 George Polk Award for investigative reporting, told Business Insider.

"[But] in order to have any productive conversation on these issues," he added, "you need to know where you come from. Once you know where you are coming from it will help move the conversation forward."

FULL STORY
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Doka
Pirate

Re: The 11 Nations Of The United States

Post by Doka » 04-13-2017 07:59 AM

Good article. I like the simplicity of it. In my opinion only, once the "Far West" erodes so will any illusion of personal freedoms will go with it. A friend shared their view with me, so I will put it here. "A "Conservative " will check to see if there is any water in the pool before jumping in, Liberal, Progressive, Democrats, will just jump and panic the rest of the "herd" into going with them." "The sound of the self-inflicted carnage will be heard around the world."
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Return to “National”