RIP Flounder.......

National news scene

Moderator: Super Moderators

kbot
Pirate

RIP Flounder.......

Post by kbot » 06-19-2017 05:40 AM

Sad notice. I loved Steve Furst in the many roles he's played over the years, but for me, the defining role was "Flounder".......

Stephen Furst, who played hapless frat pledge Flounder in 'National Lampoon's Animal House,' has died

Stephen Furst, best known for his role as the hapless Delta House fraternity pledge Kent “Flounder” Dorfman in the landmark comedy “National Lampoon’s Animal House,” has died. He was 63.

His sons Nathan and Griffin Furst posted a statement on Twitter that Furst died Friday due to complications from diabetes.

“Steve had a long list of earthly accomplishments,” read the statement. “He was known to the world as an brilliant and prolific actor and filmmaker, but to his family and many dear friends, he was also a beloved husband, father and kind friend whose memory will always be a blessing.”

Furst’s breakout role was as Dorfman in the 1978 film “Animal House,” which also marked the film debut of “Saturday Night Live” star John Belushi.

In the film, the overweight and socially awkward Dorfman and his friend Lawrence “Larry” Kroger (Tom Hulce) pledge at the raucous Delta House run by Eric “Otter” Stratton (Tim Matheson) and the slovenly John “Bluto” Blutarsky (Belushi). The comedy, which was directed by John Landis, was a massive hit and was also praised by critics. Furst reprised the role in the short-lived spinoff, ABC’s “Delta House” in 1979.

He was later a regular on “Babylon 5” and “St. Elsewhere.”

In addition to his acting career, Furst directed several low-budget films, and was a producer on the 2009 drama “My Sister’s Keeper,” starring Cameron Diaz.

“To truly honor him, do not cry for the loss of Stephen Furst,” his sons wrote. “But rather, enjoy memories of all the times he made you snicker, laugh or even snort to your own embarrassment. He intensely believed that laughter is the best therapy, and he would want us to practice that now.”

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/tv ... story.html
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Riddick
Pirate

Re: RIP Flounder.......

Post by Riddick » 06-22-2017 12:32 AM

Would you believe I just saw Flounder on an episode of Newhart??
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 06-22-2017 05:39 AM

Nothing surprises.......... Are you talking the fish or the actor???????
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 06-22-2017 08:29 PM

kbot wrote:Nothing surprises.......... Are you talking the fish or the actor???????
I definitely saw the actor but I didn't see any fish. This was Newhart, not Sea Hunt!
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 06-23-2017 11:00 AM

Riddick wrote:I definitely saw the actor but I didn't see any fish. This was Newhart, not Sea Hunt!
OK, look, I know I'm getting old and the eyesight's going, but I'm not THAT bad yet......... :mrgreen:

Return to “National”