OK, I'm gonna go there.........

National news scene

Moderator: Super Moderators

kbot
Pirate

OK, I'm gonna go there.........

Post by kbot » 10-09-2017 04:20 PM

Lately, as with all cases of mass murder, as we just saw in Vegas, the Left goes straight to overturning the 2nd Amendment. As I've said before, I don't own a gun and haven't handled one since '75 when I was in the Air Force. All that being said, I'm a firm believer in the 2nd Amendment both as a deterrent to crime as well as a means of keeping government and foreign powers from attempting anything.

But, it got me wondering about how the Left looks at things, and I wondered how, since the Left abhors violence, how they really feel. Is this "violence" using guns, or "violence" in general.

Looking at the two hot button issues of our times, guns rights and abortions, abortion has killed far more people than guns have. Not even close.

So, I guess it's all about your pet projects than "violence".......
Attachments
gun_deaths_vs_abortion.jpg
gun_deaths_vs_abortion.jpg (254.94 KiB) Viewed 1903 times
Last edited by kbot on 10-10-2017 04:24 AM, edited 1 time in total.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

kbot
Pirate

Re: OK, I'm gonna go there.........

Post by kbot » 10-09-2017 04:33 PM

Another issue - the Left "protects women". So they say,

So, explain this.........

Hollywood’s Loud Silence on Harvey Weinstein’s Sexual Harassment Allegations
Several high-profile Hollywood figures flatly refused to comment on the allegations of serial sexual harassment and sexual assault against the influential movie mogul.

A meeting with Harvey Weinstein is not easy for any actress to turn down. During his tenure as the co-chief of Miramax—and then The Weinstein Company—he became synonymous with elevating films and actors to Oscar glory via aggressive awards campaigns and has a particularly impressive track record in the actress categories. Holly Hunter, Anna Paquin, Dianne Wiest, Mira Sorvino, Juliette Binoche, Gwyneth Paltrow, Judi Dench, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Nicole Kidman, Renee Zellweger, Cate Blanchett, Kate Winslet, Penelope Cruz, Meryl Streep, and Jennifer Lawrence have all won Oscars for Weinstein films, and many of the actresses showered praise on the film exec in their acceptance speeches. Scores of other actresses, meanwhile, have received career-launching nominations.

In the wake of the blockbuster Times exposé, The Daily Beast reached out to dozens of prominent actors, actresses, and filmmakers—who both have and have not worked with Weinstein—only to receive many replies of “no comment” and plenty of radio silence.

One of the only members of “liberal” Hollywood to speak out about the disturbing Weinstein allegations was Lena Dunham, who did so through Twitter:

Yup. Hollywood shines light on Catholic Church, sex trafficking- let's shine it on ourselves a second and what we've condoned. https://t.co/W6Hv2HM7ab
— Lena Dunham (@lenadunham) October 5, 2017

Dunham’s second tweet, referring to “what we’ve condoned,” raises an important point about Hollywood’s most glaring, hypocritical blind spot.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/hollywood ... llegations

Nice. This has been going on for decades, and a recent report (from New Zealand of all places, published with a date of tomorrow, btw), says that Weinstein isn't the only one.

Nice, huh....??

Alan Duff: Harvey Weinstein is not the only one

Harvey Weinstein must be the first Hollywood mogul taken to task for his predatory behaviour of the past three decades. Powerful men get away with being predators, especially in Hollywood where every player wants to make it to stardom or get a sweet job in the film and television industry.

Donald Trump, of all people, says he's known Weinstein for many years and is not surprised the man's in trouble. He either slighted The Donald in the past, or his behaviour surpassed even Trump's standards.

I think everyone has heard of the casting couch. The film industry is hierarchical and Weinstein stood at the top, a literal colossus.

Hollywood is a strange place of which yours truly has had so few experiences that I can only say each was memorably weird and one rather pleasant. I declined a chance of meeting Weinstein last year. My reason was I just saw him as arrogant.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment ... d=11931220
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 10-09-2017 04:41 PM

On a different current polarizing topic:

The Glass House of the NFL

The league’s national significance is rapidly diminishing, due to hypocrisy and hyper-politicization in a once-loved American establishment. The National Football League is a glass house that was cracking well before Donald Trump’s criticism of players who refuse to stand during the national anthem. The NFL earned an estimated $14 billion last year. But 500-channel television, Internet live streaming, video games, and all sorts of other televised sports have combined to threaten the league’s monopoly on weekend entertainment — even before recent controversies. It has become a fad for many players not to stand for the anthem. But it is also becoming a trend for irate fans not to watch the NFL at all. Multimillionaire young players, mostly in their 20s, often cannot quite explain why they have become so furious at emblems of the country in which they are doing so well. Powered by Their gripes at best seem episodic and are often without supporting data. Are they mad at supposedly inordinate police brutality toward black citizens, or racial disparity caused by bias, or the perceived vulgarity of President Donald Trump?

The average value of an NFL franchise is estimated at $2.5 billion. The average player salary is nearly $2 million a year. Some of the league’s superstars are making more than $20 million a year.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/4 ... se-problem

Just wondering - virtually ALL NFL players, in addition to their salaries, received full scholarships and college degrees and are far ahead of the curve compared to most people (regardless of their race)

Just find it strange that people who are so far ahead of virtually everyone else in the country pay-wise (and the world for that matter), will lecture us on how bad the system is and racist, and how bad the country is.........

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 10-09-2017 11:00 PM

Twitter Censors Senate Candidate Marsha Blackburn for Saying: She “stopped the sale of baby body parts”…

A stunning level of censorship admitted by Twitter surrounding the senate campaign launch of Tennessee candidate Marsha Blackburn.

Blackburn kicked off her senate bid with a campaign video within which she affirms her platform advocacy against abortion by highlighting her opposition to the sale of fetal tissue for medical research.  The statement she “stopped the sale of baby parts” triggered the censors within twitter to remove her campaign commercial:

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Republican Rep. Marsha Blackburn’s Senate campaign announcement ad has been blocked by Twitter over a statement the abortion rights opponent makes about the sale of fetal tissue for medical research.

Blackburn, who is running for the seat being opened by the retirement of Tennessee Sen. Bob Corker, boasts in the ad that she “stopped the sale of baby body parts.” A Twitter representative told the candidate’s vendors on Monday that the statement was “deemed an inflammatory statement that is likely to evoke a strong negative reaction:

Twitter said the Blackburn campaign would be allowed to run the rest of the video if the flagged statement is omitted. While the decision keeps Blackburn from paying to promote the video on Twitter, it doesn’t keep it from being linked from YouTube and other platforms.

Blackburn took to Twitter to urge supporters to re-post her video and join her in “standing up to Silicon Valley.”

Blackburn was the chair of a Republican-run House panel created to investigate Planned Parenthood and the world of fetal tissue research that earlier this year urged Congress to halt federal payments to the women’s health organization. Democrats said the GOP probe had unearthed no wrongdoing and wasted taxpayers’ money in an abusive investigation.

Read More

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/20 ... ody-parts/
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 10-10-2017 04:23 AM

The FBI has already started investigating Planned Parenthood based on the conversations heard in the multiple videos released over the course of the past couple of years .

Regarding PP and their carefully coiffed public altruistic beliefs, in fact, the cat's out of the bag - they've been exposed for profiting over a "service" they provide.

Take a look at the Philadelphia abortion company, which was recently closed after it was discovered that late-term abortions were being provided and health violations found:

Disgusting Abortion Clinic Closed After Patients Were “Seeing Babies’ Blood” Everywhere

The closing of the Hillcrest Women’s Medical Center in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania has to be a relief to the women who submitted Google reviews condemning the abortion center as uncivilized and unsafe.

Consider the words of Kaylee, who wrote, “They just wanted your money. & I gotta live with my mistake I made everyday. hearing that machine… Seeing other (babies’) blood… I just wanted to tell my story so hopefully people who see this do not go there.”

In February, during an inspection of the long-standing abortion center, state health department regulators uncovered 44 pages worth of health and safety violations–everything from supplies dating back 13 years to staff members who had failed to undergo routine criminal background checks.

But it was not until mid-September when Hillcrest gave up its license to do abortions in the Commonwealth and shut its doors for good.

It seems fair to say that if Hillcrest were a diner, it would have been forced to close down immediately, without a seven month window of opportunity to jeopardize the health of more customers.

We also really don’t know how long Hillcrest compromised women’s safety, because no abortion centers in Pennsylvania were inspected for more than 15 years. The inspection blackout was the result of the pro-abortion policies of former Governors Tom Ridge (a Republican) and Ed Rendell (a Democrat) who feared that inspecting abortion centers would, in fact, lead to their closures and therefore decrease access to abortion.

Once Pennsylvania’s common sense abortion center regulation law went into effect several years ago, state regulators cited Hillcrest for violations four times in six years. With that kind of track record, one wonders how many women were sickened, maimed, or otherwise harmed within Hillcrest’s walls before the safeguard became law.

http://www.lifenews.com/2017/10/03/disg ... verywhere/

Given HRC's "abortion on demand is not negotiable" stance, you have to wonder what it is, exactly, that HRC and other Leftist supporters really want. Their purported stance is that "legal abortions make for safe abortions" has proven to be a lie, since, even under the protected legal status, the Left has fought any rules which would make abortion clinics adhere to the same standards as any other health card facility, citing how the new rules would create business expenses that would cripple the industry. Excuse me? They're the same rules every other non-abortion healthcare facility needs to adhere to....... So, ANOTHER lie exposed - this is more about profit than providing a safe service....... Unfortunately, campaigns on both sides have been funded by Planned Parenthood, and they expect to be paid back for their financial contributions.

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of abortion, but, if we as a society must have the option of the procedure, why not enact legislation which actually protects the lives and health of the patients?

Return to “National”