How to cope with yet another Patriots trip to the Super Bowl

National news scene

Moderator: Super Moderators

kbot
Pirate

How to cope with yet another Patriots trip to the Super Bowl

Post by kbot » 01-23-2018 12:18 PM

Snippet:
So here we are again. The New England Patriots are back in the Super Bowl, a development even non-Tony Romos could’ve predicted.

If you’re a Patriots fan, then congratulations on the dynasty getting dynastier. If you’re not a Patriots fan, you’d probably rather have a colonoscopy than sit through yet another Tom Brady-Bill Belichick supervillain Super Bowl.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/1/23/ ... -belichick

I plan on planting my butt in "the best seat in the house" - my downstairs parlor in front of the big screen and woodstove (while my wife watches something from the Hallmark channel), and pray for another (record) Super Bowl win for the Pats. :mrgreen:
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Riddick
Pirate

Because Memes Are The New Trash Talk

Post by Riddick » 02-02-2018 03:50 PM

A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

kbot
Pirate

Re: How to cope with yet another Patriots trip to the Super Bowl

Post by kbot » 02-04-2018 03:27 PM

Today's Patriots are yesterday's Oakland Raiders, NY Yankees and Montreal Canadians. As the saying goes "They hate us cuz they ain't us......"

The cheating thing though has certainly gotten old - The Patriots certainly didn't cheat in last year's blow-out of Atlanta -down 28 - 3 they set a new Super Bowl records for coming back (or Atlanta's for choking - take yo pick....)

If the country continues to whine about cheating and deflated balls, how does that explain the blowouts when Brady had the ball inflated? Or, to broaden the cheating comparison - all the World Series titles that need to be overturned due to steroids.

The Eagles are a legit team and may very well win - hopefully will be a good game, and a record sixth Lombardy trophy :mrgreen:
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Riddick
Pirate

The Brady Bunch

Post by Riddick » 02-04-2018 06:19 PM

kbot wrote: 02-04-2018 03:27 PMIf the country continues to whine about cheating and deflated balls, how does that explain the blowouts when Brady had the ball inflated?
Explanations are not necessary. America's not whining, it's pointing out the obvious.

Accidentally on purpose. It's a way of life. Whatever it takes. Some people will do anything to elevate themselves. Rules are made to be broken.

Once a cheater always a cheater - Brady leads the way, but it's a team effort!
kbot wrote: 02-04-2018 03:27 PMThe Eagles are a legit team and may very well win - hopefully will be a good game, and a record sixth Lombardy trophy :mrgreen:
A good game is in every fan's interest but as for records? This broken one has to stop - Brady and his bunch BE DAMNED! it's time for some divine intervention...

33-0? I wouldn't bet against The Bible. :mrgreen:
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

-Donald Trump Image

Riddick
Pirate

Hallelujah Hallelujah

Post by Riddick » 02-04-2018 10:29 PM

A great game, and made all the greater by the outcome

There IS a God! ImageImage Image

-Donald Trump Image

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 02-05-2018 10:42 AM

Happy , Sad, they are consistent, " Burn and Loot " :confused:

Super Bowl Mayhem: Philadelphia Celebrates With Fires, Looting And Shooting

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-02- ... d-shooting
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 02-05-2018 12:11 PM

The Pat's couldn't stop the Eagles and they kept shooting themselves in the foot. Gostkowski's probably gone after his struggles, Butler's probably on his way out as well. I think that this may be the last roundup as Matt Patricia is heading to the Lions (although I heard this morning they weren't very happy after the Eagles lit-up his defense), and McDaniels may be heading to the Colts.

Yes Doka, I saw the "Zombie Apocalypse" as one station called the Philadelphia celebration - but the way I look at it, it's been a long time since they won a championship in the NFL, and its their first Super Bowl so, congrats to their team.

On another note - pitchers and catchers report for spring training shortly..........

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 02-05-2018 01:34 PM

Yes Doka, I saw the "Zombie Apocalypse" as one station called the Philadelphia celebration - but the way I look at it, it's been a long time since they won a championship in the NFL, and its their first Super Bowl so, congrats to their team.

Happy for the Eagels win also. So, the way you see things, it is perfectly reasonable, for people to destroy their city, as long as it's joyful?? Humm, you may have just started a whole new defense tact. We where so happy, we just had to steal and burn down stuff. Please tell me that's not what you meant!? It's the "but" that throws me for a loop.
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 02-05-2018 04:58 PM

No - I'm just glad for the long-suffering fans. Not a fan of destruction.

But it did get me thinking about Elon Musk's flame throwers........ :mrgreen:

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 02-05-2018 06:39 PM

-Donald Trump Image

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 02-05-2018 08:08 PM

Way to go , Megan Elena! :D

Flame Throwers? Elan should have called it a "business special" and sold them to the shop keepers of the "City of Brotherly Love", to protect what They work for. :shock:
KARMA RULES

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 02-06-2018 01:22 AM

-Donald Trump Image

Return to “National”