Has the other shoe dropped?

National news scene

Moderator: Super Moderators

kbot
Pirate

Has the other shoe dropped?

Post by kbot » 02-09-2018 12:07 PM

Just read this and wondered "What took so long......?". Not in this case, specifically, but in general?

Female California lawmaker behind #MeToo push is accused of groping male staffer

A California lawmaker who has gained national recognition for fighting against sexual misconduct in the state Capitol is accused of groping a former legislative staffer.

The staffer, Daniel Fierro, told The Washington Post on Thursday that Democratic Assemblywoman Cristina Garcia, who has become a prominent figure in the #MeToo movement, approached him alone after an assembly softball game in 2014, squeezed his buttocks and tried to touch his crotch. He said Garcia was visibly intoxicated.

Fierro, who was 25 at the time, did not report the incident because he worried about the long-term consequences that could come with accusing the powerful lawmaker, who chairs the Legislative Women’s Caucus and the Natural Resources Committee. But in January he told his former boss, Democratic Assemblyman Ian Calderon, who referred the matter to an assembly panel that is now investigating Garcia.

Politico was the first to report on Fierro’s allegations. The story also included sexual misconduct allegations against Garcia from an anonymous male lobbyist that The Post was not able to independently verify.

In a statement sent to The Post through a spokeswoman, Garcia said she did not recall doing anything wrong.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/mor ... 22fd395e44

While I agree with much that has been made public -especially the gymnastic issue, there is another side that women, I think are not considering and that, women have histories as well. Perhaps, not to the extent of issues with men, but issues nonetheless. As this story shows, she "wasn't even aware" (which is troubling in itself).

Also, read the comments from men who have either been victimized by the courts and social workers simply because of their X/Y chromosomes. Interesting times...........
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Riddick
Pirate

IF The Shoe Fits...

Post by Riddick » 02-09-2018 04:52 PM

Female oppressors? What's up with that? Isn't being a pig a men's only deal?

I suppose it's too soon to say it's the start of a equal wrongs movement.
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Doka
Pirate

Re: Has the other shoe dropped?

Post by Doka » 02-11-2018 12:56 AM

equal wrongs movement.

It's only fair, I have seen quite a few "Man Handling Women" in my time. :)
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Return to “National”