‘Idiocracy’ Come True: Even Pentagon Says Morons Are Inheriting the Earth

National news scene

Moderator: Super Moderators

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 08-19-2018 06:38 PM

Since the draft ended n the 70s and people sat back to watch others fight was for them, the jab has always been "Well, they volunteered - the KNEW what they were getting themselves into........."

Snippet:

Well, things have started to change, making the concept of an all-volunteer military something to rethink........
Then there’s the painful fact that the average IQ in America and across the West is clearly dropping. In the first half of the last century, average IQs rose in the developed world, what social scientists term the Flynn effect, but over the last few decades that trend has visibly reversed. What is causing this IQ drop is debatable—Negative lifestyle factors? Dysgenic reproduction as satirized in Idiocracy? Demographic changes?—but its reality is no longer. If you’re imagining that the population around you is getting dumber, you’re right.

This has become a legitimate crisis for the U.S. military, which is having a devil of a time finding sufficient numbers of recruits who are not stupid, obese, and/or convicted criminals. Less than 50 years ago, America’s military was the employer of last resort for some citizens; indeed judges might send you to the local recruiting station as an alternative to prison. The 21st century military is a very different place, professional and high-tech, and even raw recruits need to be literate and somewhat trustworthy, not to mention physically fit enough to get through basic training.

According to the Pentagon’s own numbers, a staggering 71 percent of young Americans are ineligible to join the armed forces, when you subtract out the too-dumb, the too-fat, and the too-criminal. In practical terms, this means that 24 million of the 34 million Americans in the 17-to-24-year-old cohort, the Pentagon’s main recruiting demographic, cannot enlist. At present, there are grave doubts whether the U.S. military can get enough even marginally qualified recruits to maintain current force levels, despite lucrative incentives for recruits on the right-side of the notorious IQ Bell Curve.

As one analyst recently summed up the Pentagon’s crisis acidly, “The problem, it seems, isn’t that young people don’t want to join the Army—or any of the services—it’s that they can’t. And therein lies a paradox: for while the U.S. military represents the best in America (as its most senior officers claim), it doesn’t actually represent America. For that to be true, two thirds of our military would have to consist of obese, under-educated former drug users and convicted criminals.”

http://observer.com/2018/08/pentagon-mo ... -military/
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Doka
Pirate

Re: ‘Idiocracy’ Come True: Even Pentagon Says Morons Are Inheriting the Earth

Post by Doka » 08-19-2018 07:27 PM

The times when dependency on humans for much of anything, is drawing to a quick close. Robots are being introduced into society at a fast pace. Not just for the "Heck" of it, but out of necessity.
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 08-19-2018 08:58 PM

Great. A country of couch potatoes.........
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 08-20-2018 12:07 PM

Ain't it the truth.

But, by the same token, "when one door closes , another one will open" . Once we get off this planet, all kinds of "New to Us" positions will take off and be presented to the to the Industrious.
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 08-20-2018 12:45 PM

This made me think about, something I observed 1st hand. I'm "Jeopardy Quiz Show" watcher. They have been having their College play offs, last Friday they had a particular Dense group. The questions where not hard, (if I can answer them, they are not difficult!). Row after row of catagories where met with total silence, no frantic button pushing, just blank looks. I think even Alex, was amazed. I have never seen a "Jeopardy" with such "silence". These are the best of Academia has to offer, I would think? Pretty sure all of them Do know which political party, they pay homage to.
KARMA RULES

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 08-20-2018 08:19 PM

Doka wrote: 08-20-2018 12:07 PM

Ain't it the truth.

But, by the same token, "when one door closes , another one will open" . Once we get off this planet, all kinds of "New to Us" positions will take off and be presented to the to the Industrious.
I don't think any of us are getting off this planet in any way different than anyone else has..........

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 08-20-2018 08:20 PM

Doka wrote: 08-20-2018 12:45 PM ‘Idiocracy’ Come True: Even Pentagon Says Morons Are Inheriting the Earth

This made me think about, something I observed 1st hand. I'm "Jeopardy Quiz Show" watcher. They have been having their College play offs, last Friday they had a particular Dense group. The questions where not hard, (if I can answer them, they are not difficult!). Row after row of catagories where met with total silence, no frantic button pushing, just blank looks. I think even Alex, was amazed. I have never seen a "Jeopardy" with such "silence". These are the best of Academia has to offer, I would think? Pretty sure all of them Do know which political party, they pay homage to.
:mrgreen: No feel good questions??????

Riddick
Pirate

Dumb, Dumber & Dumbest: The REAL "Blue Wave"

Post by Riddick » 08-20-2018 10:56 PM

A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 08-21-2018 02:42 AM

I don't think any of us are getting off this planet in any way different than anyone else has..........
:confused: What!? No space flight? Ah shucks!
KARMA RULES

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 08-21-2018 07:02 PM

Doka wrote: 08-21-2018 02:42 AM

:confused: What!? No space flight? Ah shucks!
Like my cardiologist kept telling me (when he asked me to describe my diet, and I rattled off what I thought were "good things", like.....) "Yes, but not for you............"

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 08-21-2018 11:13 PM

Could it be your a tinsy bit short sighted? I already have a few things down on my Post(this life)Bucket list. And
One of the things is to hang out in space for awhile.
:shock: :D
KARMA RULES

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 08-23-2018 07:11 PM

Not shortsighted Doka - I just know that I don't have the mans to get into space and accept that......... Heck, I'm just happy that I finally paid off my mortgage :D

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 08-23-2018 07:35 PM

Interesting post Doka.......

7 Awesome Solar System Destinations That Will Kill You

In the why-aren’t-you-watching-this television show The Expanse, humanity has spread out into the solar system. Mars and Earth stand as bitter rivals, with Ceres settlers somewhere in between. A few companies even have settlers in the outer regions of the solar system.

You wouldn’t necessarily want to live in the world of The Expanse, as fantastic as it is. Yet the show still plays to the dreams of those of us who long to wander the final frontier. However, the reality of what awaits you beyond Earth is far more dangerous than the show. Even if you make it past the interplanetary radiation, you’re still confronted with any number of hazards, and they don’t stop once you land.

Here are a few places from your colonization dreams that might end up actual nightmares.

http://nautil.us/blog/7-awesome-solar-s ... -kill-you

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 08-24-2018 01:02 PM

Is that kind of like you should never cross the street, you could get killed , type of thing? Or if god wanted you to fly you would have been born with Wings?
KARMA RULES

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 08-27-2018 07:38 PM

Nah, probably more of a "Don't drop that hammer on your head, because it will hurt, you may get a depressed skull fracture and subdural hematoma and need surgery to fix such an idiotic move...." sorta thing.

Return to “National”