Leva bolas.............

National news scene

Moderator: Super Moderators

kbot
Pirate

Leva bolas.............

Post by kbot » 08-23-2018 07:18 PM

So, we're asking the taxpayers to fund the effects of something created from the bad practices of these companies (which, according to them, doesn't exist.......)

Big oil asks government to protect it from climate change

Texas is seeking at least $12 billion for the full coastal spine, with nearly all of it coming from public funds. Last month, the government fast-tracked an initial $3.9 billion for three separate, smaller storm barrier projects that would specifically protect oil facilities.

That followed Hurricane Harvey, which roared ashore last Aug. 25 and swamped Houston and parts of the coast, temporarily knocking out a quarter of the area's oil refining capacity and causing average gasoline prices to jump 28 cents a gallon nationwide. Many Republicans argue that the Texas oil projects belong at the top of Washington's spending list.

"Our overall economy, not only in Texas but in the entire country, is so much at risk from a high storm surge," said Matt Sebesta, a Republican who as Brazoria County judge oversees a swath of Gulf Coast.

But the idea of taxpayers around the country paying to protect refineries worth billions, and in a state where top politicians still dispute climate change's validity, doesn't sit well with some.
https://komonews.com/news/nation-world/ ... ate-change
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Riddick
Pirate

Balls To The Wall

Post by Riddick » 08-24-2018 12:25 AM

Forget Big Oil. Big Government needs money. Tax the living daylights out of fossil fuels, I say & while we're at it, let's go all in on stiff carbon taxation of EVERYTHING. Saving the planet doesn't come cheap, y'know!

Screw the oil companies... and let's screw the American public too, hey? Climate change is everyone's fault. The science is settled. We're all to blame, humanity is guilty and the United States has to pay. End Of Story.
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Doka
Pirate

Re: Leva bolas.............

Post by Doka » 08-24-2018 12:42 PM

kbot wrote: 08-23-2018 07:18 PM So, we're asking the taxpayers to fund the effects of something created from the bad practices of these companies (which, according to them, doesn't exist.......)

Big oil asks government to protect it from climate change

Texas is seeking at least $12 billion for the full coastal spine, with nearly all of it coming from public funds. Last month, the government fast-tracked an initial $3.9 billion for three separate, smaller storm barrier projects that would specifically protect oil facilities.

That followed Hurricane Harvey, which roared ashore last Aug. 25 and swamped Houston and parts of the coast, temporarily knocking out a quarter of the area's oil refining capacity and causing average gasoline prices to jump 28 cents a gallon nationwide. Many Republicans argue that the Texas oil projects belong at the top of Washington's spending list.

"Our overall economy, not only in Texas but in the entire country, is so much at risk from a high storm surge," said Matt Sebesta, a Republican who as Brazoria County judge oversees a swath of Gulf Coast.

But the idea of taxpayers around the country paying to protect refineries worth billions, and in a state where top politicians still dispute climate change's validity, doesn't sit well with some.
https://komonews.com/news/nation-world/ ... ate-change

Well Kbot, being a man who's "Principles and Character" are of the Unquestionable Highest Standards. That you do not own a car, home, furnings, clothing, etc, or work for any one that would use any of these insignificant bi-products of these horrible oil campanies! Nor do you accept A Paycheck, (That would be Capitialism, for heaven's sake!). That you live in a dark, hot or cold cave, wearing "protected" animal skins(oh oh) using a computer made entirely of wood, (logged illegally). Or otherwise your rage would be unjustified and hypocritical.

The Liberal Left made up this "Climate Change" crap to scare every body with(scared is easier for them to control the masses). Big oil asked to be compensated for their part in perpetuating the man made myth. Sooo?

:confused:

Fair? Justice?, equallity? Tell me where you find this on this Planet, to be Awake ,one should at least know where the are.?
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Riddick
Pirate

What Part Of "Saving The Planet" Don't Some Folks Understand?

Post by Riddick » 08-24-2018 03:51 PM

Climate change isn't new. What's new is now we know for a fact the delicate course of nature is being big time upended by human activity. Hurricanes, floods & drought, heat & cold, it's all going from bad to worse

Yet we can fix it! Or at least mitigate it. Isn't that nice? If it wasn't our doing, that wouldn't be the case. But we have to act, and act decisively to fight the unprecedented threat WE and ONLY WE created.

Don't believe it? Oh dear. We can't have deniers and skeptics! They can either 1) see the light 2) shut up 3) go away, voluntarily or 4) be removed by force. If that sounds harsh, it's because it is.

Whether you like it or you don't like it learn to love it 'cause it's the best thing going today! WOOOO
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

-Donald Trump Image

Riddick
Pirate

Carlin's Classic Rant

Post by Riddick » 08-24-2018 05:28 PM

-Donald Trump Image

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 08-24-2018 09:14 PM

Yet we can fix it! Or at least mitigate it. Isn't that nice? If it wasn't our doing, that wouldn't be the case. But we have to act, and act decisively to fight the unprecedented threat WE and ONLY WE created.

MMmmm, Send in All your money, lot's of Money! :evilpengu
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Riddick
Pirate

Would You Believe

Post by Riddick » 08-24-2018 11:44 PM

Save The Planet is a political party now?

http://www.voteplanet.net/

With a focus on reversing global warming and creating a "safe climate"

Hello? McFly? The world has NEVER BEEN safe! And never will be. But never mind that. Assuring all human activity is carbon neutral is the cool thing to do.

-Donald Trump Image

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 08-25-2018 12:28 PM

Leva bolas.............

What does that mean, exactly?

May be a stupid question, but please answer any way....... :confused:
KARMA RULES

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 08-25-2018 03:53 PM

Doka wrote: 08-25-2018 12:28 PM
Leva bolas.............

Not stupid at all. I was curious myself so I did a Google search, it's Portuguese for "It Takes Balls"

-Donald Trump Image

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 08-27-2018 07:33 PM

Doka wrote: 08-24-2018 12:42 PM
Well Kbot, being a man who's "Principles and Character" are of the Unquestionable Highest Standards. That you do not own a car, home, furnings, clothing, etc, or work for any one that would use any of these insignificant bi-products of these horrible oil campanies! Nor do you accept A Paycheck, (That would be Capitialism, for heaven's sake!). That you live in a dark, hot or cold cave, wearing "protected" animal skins(oh oh) using a computer made entirely of wood, (logged illegally). Or otherwise your rage would be unjustified and hypocritical.

The Liberal Left made up this "Climate Change" crap to scare every body with(scared is easier for them to control the masses). Big oil asked to be compensated for their part in perpetuating the man made myth. Sooo?

:confused:

Fair? Justice?, equallity? Tell me where you find this on this Planet, to be Awake ,one should at least know where the are.?

Doka, I'm the first to admit that I have faults. Plenty of them. I do NOT however, fund studies to clear myself of creating global disasters and work with Congress to write legislation to absolve me of making a mess AND require taxpayers to clean up after me crapping the bed.......

Look at this another way Doka, since 9-11, we have AL known that our infrastructure needs protection, whether refineries, the electrical grid, etc, Think BIG WHOEVER is wiling to foot the bill for their ineptitude?
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 08-27-2018 07:35 PM

Riddick wrote: 08-25-2018 03:53 PM
Doka wrote: 08-25-2018 12:28 PM
Leva bolas.............

Not stupid at all. I was curious myself so I did a Google search, it's Portuguese for "It Takes Balls"
Not stupid or a stupid question Riddick. It's Portuguese for "It takes balls......" :mrgreen:

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 08-30-2018 05:53 AM

Along the same line of leva bolas...........

1993 World Trade Center bomber sues over religious faith, seeking different food and imam

Muslim man serving a life sentence for his role in the 1993 bombing of the World Trade Center wants a judge to determine that federal prison officials violated his religious rights by failing to provide meals strictly conforming to his beliefs and access to an imam of the same denomination.

The two-day civil case wrapped on Tuesday in a Denver federal courtroom. Judge R. Brooke Jackson did not immediately rule and is expected to issue a decision in writing.

Ahmad Ajaj was being held at a "super-max" prison in Colorado when the lawsuit began in 2015. Ajaj, represented by University of Denver law students, watched the trial via video because of security concerns.

Ajaj was sentenced in 1999 to more than 114 years in prison for his role in the blast in an underground parking garage on Feb. 26, 1993, that killed six people, one of them pregnant. It injured more than 1,000 and forced an estimated 50,000 to flee the trade center's twin towers in a scene of smoke, fear and confusion that would be mirrored and magnified on Sept. 11, 2001.

Ajaj was moved to a federal prison in Terre Haute, Indiana, early this year.

The lawsuit accused federal prison officials, particularly staff at the Administrative Maximum, or ADX, facility in Florence, of failing to provide food meeting Ajaj's belief that all animals used for food must be fed, raised and slaughtered according to Islamic law. The lawsuit said Ajaj considered vegetarian and Kosher meals inadequate.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nati ... tory.html

I'm certain that the prisoner took into account how his actions would affect those who died back in 1993, and their families and did what he thought was best with extremist views. Actions have consequences. As I saw on TV this morning, if the roles were reversed and it was an American in an Islamic prison, he'd have been beheaded or disemboweled long ago......

Return to “National”