Hurricane Florence Thread

National news scene

Moderator: Super Moderators

Riddick
Pirate

Hurricane Florence Thread

Post by Riddick » 09-13-2018 11:47 PM

Last edited by Riddick on 09-14-2018 01:36 PM, edited 1 time in total.
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Doka
Pirate

Re: Hurricane Florence Thread

Post by Doka » 09-14-2018 12:33 PM

No doubt this was a big storm, with damage, and lots of water. But, I have to say, that, I'm not sure that it lived up to Hype that the MSM gave it. They built it up as the storm of the Century, (it was not) . I fully expected to get up this morning to find out whole States to have been washed away. And of course Trump was responsible for the storm, because he doesn't believe in man-made climate change. All food for the hysterical masses, who are usually hard pressed, to give a guess which direction the sun comes up.

Hurricane Florence Was Sponsered and Presented to by the Demokratic National Commitiee.......".We Never Lie",

this Ad payed for by the re-elect Obama/Clinton Team :rolleyes:
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 09-14-2018 02:04 PM

As of Friday morning

PHOTOS: Hurricane Florence Damage in Brunswick County
September 14, 2018 at 11:01 am

Trees were down everywhere and NC 133 is closed near Jackeys Creek as Florence made her way through the area Friday morning

http://www.starnewsonline.com/photogall ... /1?start=2
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 09-14-2018 02:05 PM

Doka wrote: 09-14-2018 12:33 PM All food for the hysterical masses, who are usually hard pressed, to give a guess which direction the sun comes up.
And you have the scientific qualifications to make an informed decision on climate change? I don't either but 90 percent of scientists do. I would rather err on the side of caution but of course you wouldn't because you have a Republican reckless, hate humanity, mind set.
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 09-14-2018 03:16 PM

I have lived on the west coast, when 100 mile winds and rain hit, with measured over 50ft waves coming in. Lot's of Trees down and slides,(of which coastal areas are proned to wet or dry). And have seen what the storm surge can do when high tide hits, pushing rain filled rivers run over the banks, but receeding quite quickly, as the tide goes out. Not to mention that wave action is much more intence on the west coasts of continents due to ocean currents.

Now , I have to tell you this........... my experiences happened before the "Climate Change" moto came into being. In the olden days(1990s to sometime around the year 2000 something) we called it "Weather" . Little did I know, at that time , that it was even possible to blame a human, for the weather, but by golly the Democrats found a way and also make money for them selves along the way, Introducing the "Carbon Tax" (Breathing Tax?) Which is a real money maker for them. A Guilty Democrat will believe Anything!
KARMA RULES

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 09-14-2018 03:29 PM

And you have the scientific qualifications to make an informed decision on climate change? I don't either but 90 percent of scientists do. I would rather err on the side of caution but of course you wouldn't because you have a Republican reckless, hate humanity, mind set.
So what are you going to do about it ? We are on the Planet Earth in the Milky Way Galaxy. Where are you going to go?

Tell me the difference between CLIMATE and WEATHER. I will be waiting.

In the Meantime send every thing in your bank account to the Liberal Democtats, they are going to get it all anyway. :D
KARMA RULES

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 09-14-2018 03:55 PM

Doka wrote: 09-14-2018 03:16 PM Now , I have to tell you this........... my experiences happened before the "Climate Change" moto came into being. In the olden days(1990s to sometime around the year 2000 something) we called it "Weather" .
Man made Climate Change warnings have been around since 1969. Go look it up.
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 09-14-2018 03:56 PM

The Carolinas Ignored Warnings That Rising Sea Levels Would Make Hurricanes Stronger

Eight years ago, a team of top scientists and engineers warned North Carolina’s government that the state faced a potentially cataclysmic rise in sea levels that would bury billions of dollars in real estate under a meter of water.

Armed with this information, the Republicans in charge chose to bury their heads in sand instead.

Nearly a decade later, as Hurricane Florence makes landfall on the state’s Atlantic coast, the decision by North Carolina leaders to ignore that sea-level assessment are being criticized as a short-sighted bid to appease developers—which may leave more than 300 miles of coastline exposed to the ravages of climate change.

Numerous state governments—to say nothing of the current administration—have scoffed at the notion of an anthropogenic factor in sea level rise and climate change. In neighboring South Carolina, where the state’s northeastern coast, including Myrtle Beach, is under a flash flood watch in anticipation of Florence dropping up to 25 inches of rain on the spring break resort town, Gov. Henry McMaster has supported President Donald Trump’s decision to pull out of the landmark Paris Climate Accord last summer. McMaster joined both the state’s senators in dismissing concerns that increasingly violent hurricanes might result from warming ocean temperatures, and that rising sea levels might encroach on the state’s coastline.

“I’m with Trump,” McMaster said at the time. “We’ll be fine. We’re getting better and better.”

Two years later, the state’s legislature passed H.B. 819, which effectively forbade the state from estimating future sea-level rise unless the rates were “consistent with historic trends,” ignoring the scientific consensus that sea-level rise is accelerating. Using exclusively historic models to predict future sea-level rise reduced that one-meter estimate to a mere eight inches of sea-level rise.

More...
https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-carol ... r?ref=home

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 09-14-2018 05:22 PM

You are on an Island, can I assume you are under water by now? :D

So where are you going?
KARMA RULES

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 09-14-2018 10:48 PM

Doka wrote: 09-14-2018 05:22 PM You are on an Island, can I assume you are under water by now? :D

So where are you going?
I guess if we were to get a hurricane the size of Florence we probably would be gone. But as you know hurricanes of a severely damaging magnitude do not form in the icy waters of the pacific ocean where the Island is situated. Climate change has negatively affected BC in the form of many, many forest fires this past few years. You know all about that living in Oregon. Breathing smoke for weeks these past 2 summers has been a complete piss off. :evil:

Return to “National”