Where are they?

Global news scene

Moderator: Super Moderators

mudwoman
Pirate

Where are they?

Post by mudwoman » 06-01-2003 12:43 PM

Have been gone for some time. On occasion I am allowed a 'med vacation' (sanctioned by my doc) so I can have a few days of emotional intimacy. My recent son's visit, the first in 2 years was such an occasion. Unfortunately, I have to deal with the fall out; depression and dizziness. So I fell and most severely damaged my R wrist and forearm and have great difficulty typing.

So, I have been studying for my HAM exam (06-21) and getting bored. Behind on my wood cutting, my studio silent...

I am behind the curve discussion-wise too, so this may be covered elsewhere. Sorry.

So...Where are they?

Osama bin Laden?
Weapons of Mass Destruction?
Saddam Hussein?
Electable Democratic Presidential Candidates?
The supporters of General Wesley Clark for The Democratic Nomination for President (I am one)?
The Jobs?
The AWOL Media?

Please add to the list. You know I love a good list! :D

Missed all of you! :(

Devastated
Moderator - Hammock Expert

Good Questions

Post by Devastated » 06-01-2003 06:08 PM

Welcome back MW. Missed you. Those are some mighty fine questions you laid on us!
You don't have to believe everything that you think...

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 06-02-2003 09:54 AM

mudwoman -- ouch - not good to fall and injure yourself! Take care!

Where are they?

Where are the dreamers of yesteryear?
Where are the educated students?
Where are a whole lot of people? things?

The Truth is Out There -- somewhere.

CindyLouWho
Pirate

Post by CindyLouWho » 06-02-2003 04:22 PM

Have missed you very much, Dear Mudwoman! Hope you are feeling better!! :)

In answer to your most excellent questions I can, for the moment, only sing ...

"long time passing ...."

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 06-02-2003 05:17 PM

I also am happy to see you return to us, Ms. Mud! :D As for your list of questions... ::: joining in with Cindy to sing: "long time paaaasing..." :::
Image Anchors Aweigh!

eliza_nightvoice
Pirate

Post by eliza_nightvoice » 06-02-2003 06:07 PM

Hiya, Mud.

I didn't know that there was another "dizzy dame" on board. We'll get this place spinning yet. Unless you spin in the opposite direction. :D

Lost.
Colin Powell's integrity.

mudwoman
Pirate

Post by mudwoman » 06-03-2003 01:52 AM

Well my friends! happy I am! :D

This will be short as it is difficult to do much key banging.

Thanks for the kind words.

I want to say a thing about Colin Powell. Remember the My Lai massacre? Remember his part in the military's 'investigation' and subsequent cover-up?

He talks a good game but is just another wolf in sheep's clothing.

Many men left parts of themselves in the jungles of South East Asia. Lives... limbs... sanity... integrity...

Sad.

Powell

(There are tons of links but I am can't list a bunch right now)

Devastated
Moderator - Hammock Expert

Post by Devastated » 06-03-2003 07:19 AM

MW, Colin Powell used to have some credibility, but he is clearly a lying zombie mouthpiece, the other side of Ari Fleischer's coin.
Where is the AWOL media? Scared shotless by Homeland Security and its offshoots. In case you hadn't noticed, the Bill of Rights is gone. That's why we're having to read Brit news. And it's going to get worse before it gets better.
You don't have to believe everything that you think...

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 06-03-2003 11:34 AM

Dev - speaking of Brit news --
two items
What Brit news paper was brought up on charges of telling false stories?

What Brit research was it that showed smoking pot to be several times worse than smoking cigarettes (I believe stated three reefers worse than 20 cigs or was it 10 cigs - re lung cancer - etc.)

Both were talked about in political chats...unfortunately line connections were not good enough to capture URLs given...or URL catch was messed up.

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Where Are the WMDs?

Post by joequinn » 06-03-2003 12:28 PM

Mudwoman, if you asking where the weapons of mass destruction in Iraq are, I can tell you quite simply. Either the weapons never existed in the first place or they were removed to friendly neighboring states long before the war started or they were indeed destroyed by Saddam Hussein in order to keep the Second Gulf War from happening. In any case, American troops were never in any danger of bio-chemical attack during the war, and, of course, neither were the American people. People who warned us on this issue, like Hans Blix and Scott Ritter, were subject to character assassination, Dixie-Chicks style; and the CIA, which is getting the blame for this incredible intelligence catastrophe, is --- as we speak --- trying to decide whether it is going to attack Dubya openly, since it was he who forced the CIA to commit the greatest of all sins in intelligence, viz. to doctor intelligence reports with a political slant. And Paul Wolfowitz, the dark genius behind much of this mess, admits --- OPENLY! --- in the July 2003 issue of VANITY FAIR that the WMD issue was NEVER anything more than an organizing hook for the entire operation: "For bureaucratic reasons we settled on one issue, weapons of mass destruction, because it was the one reason everyone could agree on."

Tony Blair is facing a very, very serious challenge to his leadership from the British people on this point, but the American people could not care less! By and large, these tens of millions of fascist pigs never were deceived by the rhetoric in the first place: the causus belli was cheap oil, the American people knew it, and the prices are already starting to drop --- a little --- at the pump. And Batchelor and Alexander on WABC-AM in New York City last night openly raved about the appearance of the American Empire (which, to my horror, they compared with the Roman Empire) and giddily advocated the military conquest of the rest of the Middle East!

Some of you are getting tired of hearing the sentiment, but, like Thomas Jefferson, I tremble for the future of my country when I reflect that God is just. I feel very deeply that I am living in the last days of Atlantis and that something truly horrible --- and truly deserved --- is going to happen to us all real soon. The wages of sin is death, for nations and even entire civilizations as for individuals. We have sinned, folks, very, very deeply sinned, and in some sense we are going to die for it. Soon.

Regards and best wishes to you all,

Joe Quinn

P.S. Mudwoman, my deepest condolences on your emotional suffering. As one who, at times, has experienced moods of depression, I know that no physical pain can possibly match it. May God's healing love surround you like a blast of warm dry air on a cold wet day, and may it do so this day and all days. And while we are on the subject of depression, have you ever thought that part of your depression is a result of your sensitivity to the fact that you live in a madhouse of homicidal lunatics who are trying to destroy themselves, their roommates and the entire building within which they live? There is no medication, Mudwoman, that can make that realization ever go away. No, Mudwoman, the only way in which you can cope with that realization which no medication can ever take away is to stand up, in your own personal way, to speak truth for power! As I know that you do...

Oh, and another way to deal with depression is to make other people depressed. If you work hard on your ham radio studies and get a ham license and tell us all about it, then I will be VERY depressed because I will realize, yet again, how lazy I am. :D

God's love and blessings be with you, Mudwoman!

Joe Quinn
Last edited by joequinn on 06-03-2003 12:42 PM, edited 1 time in total.
"Fuggedah about it, Jake --- it's Chinatown!"

jeri sexton
Pirate

Post by jeri sexton » 06-03-2003 04:32 PM

Mudwomen.. so glad to see you back! and sorry about your injury.. it too will heal at it's own pace.. Hopefully very soon.

What has happened to our nation and the idea of a nation under the U.S. Constitution, and the Bill of Rights has been eroded away for decades now.. And the present administration, with that plan in mind has erected a barrier between the people and the protected government thugs, thru deceit.
And we sat back for the most part with shock and awe, like we thought we could trust them for their sworn word to uphold the U.S. Constitution.

The players are on to a global agenda.. Mass media, corporations now have the collective to brainwash to their likeing.. again,Thanks to Colin Powell's son, heading up the FCC..
A class war has been won by the rich and powerful and the masses support them.. We were sold out cheap!

I see no reason to revolt' unless you want to die for your country, as many in the pass had done..
We have been gutted of our integrity as a nation, cuz we took what they dished out, and i do believe the main course is yet to be placed on the table..

I personally have no one to blame but myself...
YOUR EMAIL BOUCES PLEASE FIX IT or DO NOT subscribe to email notices.

mudwoman
Pirate

Post by mudwoman » 06-04-2003 01:23 AM

joequinn, I sure did read the VANITY FAIR article. A real barn burner! Wolfowitz is a twisted modern day Rasputin babbling in Dumbya's ear, filling his empty head with convoluted schemes and tricky plots. Intrigue has seeped into every corner of the King's Court and the King is getting dumber and more dangerous.

Well said re the WMD question.
As for Blair, I was under the impression Tony was a smart fellow. Why he hitched up with the DC boys is a puzzlement. Maybe they have photos. ;)

Thanks for the healing words, Very thoughtful.
-One of the great things about being a near hermit is that I have no one to bother me.
-One of the worst things about being a near hermit is that I have to do everything myself and one handed is a real challenge. Especially if the hand out of commission is my dominant one.

I have has no choice other that study a lot, so don,t feel bad.
_______
jeri, I have never felt such fear for our countries future than I do right hear, right now. If our Constitution survives this assault...well...I just don't want to think it may not.

Return to “Global”