Failure of Inspections ... Part Two ... Chemicals

Global news scene

Moderator: Super Moderators

alaskandevil
Pirate

Post by alaskandevil » 04-23-2003 02:17 PM

megman wrote: The US invented Chemical/Biological warfare and they aren't going to give up all their toys without a fight.

Ahh thats right....we were the ones to first use clorine gas in france in WW I. How silly of me to forget something so important.

Silly isnt it that I forgot that we sent clouds of gas over the lines to gas the allied forces all the while I thought we were those allies.
" Edited for Political Correctness "

megman
Parrothead

Post by megman » 04-23-2003 02:22 PM

alaskandevil wrote: Ahh thats right....we were the ones to first use clorine gas in france in WW I. How silly of me to forget something so important.

Silly isnt it that I forgot that we sent clouds of gas over the lines to gas the allied forces all the while I thought we were those allies.

Let's go a little further back to Indians, blankets and smallpox...........

Iris
Pirate

Post by Iris » 04-23-2003 02:56 PM

mudwoman wrote: We are not mature enough, as a species to be playing with this sort of thing.

You are so very correct! We are not mature enough for a lot of things our scientists are doing, and this is one of the important ones. We need a global focus on acquiring the kind of maturity that will see us and our planet safely into the future, and we need it now. It starts with us as individuals, and it branches out to our governments.

Thank you very much, Mudwoman, for taking the time to do this in-depth research and sharing it with us to enlighten us. This board would be a lot poorer without your presence.

TheBlackHand
Pirate

Biological warfare.

Post by TheBlackHand » 04-23-2003 02:57 PM

How about we take it even further back and toss a diseased dead peasant over the castle walls?

Heck, lets just tune our time machine into a turd throwing contest between Cro-Magnon and Neanderthal.

Probably sounds alot like some of the fights that go on around here....

...and remember, Hillary Clniton started it all...or was it George Bush? FDR? Lincoln?

Oh, right, it was Cain and Abel. I mean, it was Eve....er...

Ah hell, people suck, period.

alaskandevil
Pirate

Post by alaskandevil » 04-23-2003 03:24 PM

megman wrote: Let's go a little further back to Indians, blankets and smallpox...........

Why stop there megman....oh thats right you ONLY want to cast the US in a bad light. So the poisoning of wells, tossing dead bodies over castle walls and such done during the middle ages doesnt count???

Opps...once again that was in europe not here, sorry. I will try to stick with your , only the US can be wrong, statements.
" Edited for Political Correctness "

Iris
Pirate

Re: Biological warfare.

Post by Iris » 04-23-2003 03:49 PM

It doesn't matter who started it, but it does matter who turns it around. The need for change is urgent if we are to survive as a species, which includes making sure other species survive along with us. It is, indeed, an old story -- but we may be running out of time. Our inner selves, and our societies need to be remodeled immediately based on a higher focus. There's a lot of work to be done. Ask yourself, how does your scorecard look today?

mudwoman
Pirate

Post by mudwoman » 04-23-2003 08:29 PM

I love you guys but maybe the first biological weapons problem we need to address is testosterone poisoning.

When things went from high tech to turds... well...

I'm laughing so hard, I hope I did this right. ;)
Last edited by mudwoman on 04-23-2003 09:37 PM, edited 1 time in total.

megman
Parrothead

Post by megman » 04-24-2003 12:12 AM

Ya, took a turd for the worst.....:eek:

mudwoman
Pirate

Post by mudwoman » 04-24-2003 02:17 AM

I know megman. :o

blackhands statement:
Heck, lets just tune our time machine into a turd throwing contest between Cro-Magnon and Neanderthal.
threw me into hysteria.

When I finally picked myself up off the floor...well...I just lost ALL control!

And now your coming up with PUNS! :D

Your a great guy, really, all you guys are. It was just the way that the conversation sort of slid down the hill...

Anyway, I will TRY to control myself in the future. ;)

Corvid
Anchors Aweigh

Post by Corvid » 05-28-2003 08:11 PM

These puns are offal.

Corvid
Anchors Aweigh

Post by Corvid » 05-28-2003 09:29 PM

Finally... the WMDs have been discovered...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/0,1 ... 19,00.html

Now we can stop being afraid.

can't we?

eliza_nightvoice
Pirate

Now WE are asking for more time

Post by eliza_nightvoice » 05-29-2003 10:32 PM

By: Robin Cook, Britain must not be suckered a second time by the White House
"This week Tony Blair was pleading for everyone to show patience and to wait for weapons to be found. There is an historic problem with this plea. The war only took place because the coalition powers lost patience with Hans Blix and refused his plea for a few more months to complete his disarmament tasks. There is also a growing problem of transatlantic politics with the British Prime Minister's plea for more time. The US administration wanted the war to achieve regime change and now they have got it they do not see why they need to keep up the pretence that they fought it to deliver disarmament. The more time passes, the greater the gulf will widen between the obliging candour on the US side that there never was a weapons threat and the desperate obfuscation on the British side that we might still find one.

There is always a bigger problem in denying reality than in admitting the truth. The time has come when the British government needs to concede that we did not go to war because Saddam was a threat to our national interests. We went to war for reasons of US foreign policy and Republican domestic politics."
Article

A very interesting read from the UK paper, "Independent." And an intersting point. We are now asking the world community for more time to uncover the WMD. The same request for time that was anathema to the US and its presentations to the UN Security Council to seek immediate action against Iraq because the UN inspectors were not uncovering the WMD that were so obviously there. Well, we are in total control of the country. We have our military forces and intelligent agents crawling all over the lanscape, moving at will and not hampered by asking permission to seach any area they desire. And the result? We are asking for more time, just as the UN inspectors were. So how has the military action in Iraq added to the security of the US, the reason given to unilaterally use military might?

(PS: was the throwing of the first load the start of the stink bomb?)

Devastated
Moderator - Hammock Expert

Post by Devastated » 05-30-2003 06:51 AM

Jeeze. Don't try to figure it out. I think Joe Q is right: we must accept the fact that the country is a fascist dictatorship, the rights of individual states are being manipulated fiscally, and the only guys "winning" are the guys at the top. They are going to do whatever they please and the taxpayers are going to pay for it. It's too insane.:mad:
You don't have to believe everything that you think...

eliza_nightvoice
Pirate

Straw, Powell Had Serious Doubts Over Their Iraqi Weapons Cl

Post by eliza_nightvoice » 05-31-2003 07:46 AM

Secret Transcript Revealed
from[/i[ "The Guardian ," UK

Jack Straw and his US counterpart, Colin Powell, privately expressed serious doubts about the quality of intelligence on Iraq's banned weapons program at the very time they were publicly trumpeting it to get UN support for a war on Iraq, the Guardian has learned.

Their deep concerns about the intelligence - and about claims being made by their politicalbosses, Tony Blair and George Bush - emerged at a private meeting between the two men shortly before a crucial UN security council session on February 5.

Article

Isn't it strange that the only investigative reporting on the entire Iraqi situation is being done in Great Britain? Sure Powell denied what was in the transcript. What would you do if a memo was found where you were criticizing your boss's actions? Bush must be a hard taskmaster, if there is no freedom to dissent or at least discuss potential US actions by Cabinet level inner circle. Or is the Cabinent just for window dressing in this administration, and the real policy is being decided in a back room closet.

CindyLouWho
Pirate

Re: Straw, Powell Had Serious Doubts Over Their Iraqi Weapon

Post by CindyLouWho » 06-01-2003 12:05 AM

eliza_nightvoice wrote:

Isn't it strange that the only investigative reporting on the entire Iraqi situation is being done in Great Britain?

You bet its strange. What has happened to us? Thank GOODNESS there are publications/media outlets willing to stand up to tell their truths so that we may understand ours (truths).

Thanks NV, nice find.

Return to “Global”