ORR thread - Mid week through Friday night - Nov 1-3 06

Join in most nights at 10pm Pacific for 'Almost Live' posting - with the Fantastic Forum Pirates - now featuring Art Bell's Midnight in the Desert show posting.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Barbie
Pirate

Post by Barbie » 11-04-2006 03:49 AM

In 1986 I participated in a "safety driving experiment"--we (8 of us) had our choice--pot or booze or both. Then we (with a driver ready to take over for us in the car) took off on a drivers course. I didn't hit any cones or make any mistakes. But it took me 20 minutes to park the car in between two cars when I got back from the test course. I was driving too SLOW! All of the officers and the medical people just stood around and howled with laughter.

If I hadn't been stoned, I might have gotten insulted. But as it was/is... it was a fun experiment under controlled conditions for an enlightening purpose... I hadn't driven under the influence of anything for 5 years, at that point... and believe me... I wouldn't do it now, either. It made me wonder how I'd made it through the late '70s and very early '80s without something disasterous happening. Ah... the sweet idiocy of youth. (I started late... I didn't blossom until I hit 30)

But the aliens once told me cannabis was outlawed because it prevented some forms of "mind control" and interfered with the pharmacutical economy of our country. They also said it opened some humans up to a spirituality that dispells the myths of religions. It was 1978 then--Spring time, I think--and I didn't put a whole lot of thought into mind control in those days. It was real, but not in my immediate neighborhood, if you know what I mean. It was something my mother had talked about, remembering a time when she was married to someone directly involved in it. NOW, however, I thinks it totally relevant.

Pegasuss
Pirate

Post by Pegasuss » 11-04-2006 03:49 AM

I looked at pot as a social activity. I never though that it should be considered criminal behavior. It was always a freedom of choice issue with me.
The Truth Is Out There

Pegasuss
Pirate

Post by Pegasuss » 11-04-2006 03:54 AM

Barbie wrote: In 1986 I participated in a "safety driving experiment"--we (8 of us) had our choice--pot or booze or both. Then we (with a driver ready to take over for us in the car) took off on a drivers course. I didn't hit any cones or make any mistakes. But it took me 20 minutes to park the car in between two cars when I got back from the test course. I was driving too SLOW! All of the officers and the medical people just stood around and howled with laughter.

If I hadn't been stoned, I might have gotten insulted. But as it was/is... it was a fun experiment under controlled conditions for an enlightening purpose... I hadn't driven under the influence of anything for 5 years, at that point... and believe me... I wouldn't do it now, either. It made me wonder how I'd made it through the late '70s and very early '80s without something disasterous happening. Ah... the sweet idiocy of youth. (I started late... I didn't blossom until I hit 30)

But the aliens once told me cannabis was outlawed because it prevented some forms of "mind control" and interfered with the pharmacutical economy of our country. They also said it opened some humans up to a spirituality that dispells the myths of religions. It was 1978 then--Spring time, I think--and I didn't put a whole lot of thought into mind control in those days. It was real, but not in my immediate neighborhood, if you know what I mean. It was something my mother had talked about, remembering a time when she was married to someone directly involved in it. NOW, however, I thinks it totally relevant.

Driving and other areas of responsible activity should never be done under the influence of anything. Boy, some time I would like to tell you about my experience. I was once a long long time ago(while in college the first time)president of the Pennsylvania organization for the legalization of marijuana.:D
The Truth Is Out There

Barbie
Pirate

Post by Barbie » 11-04-2006 03:56 AM

KenaiAK wrote: Those crickets were loud.

Yeah... weren't they GREAT? I miss crickets like we had in Indiana. We do have some, up here in the hills, but they're not as loud (there's not as much water) and we don't have the singing locusts, either... I actually heard some when we were in Maryland, in September, though. It was nice to hear them again.

OMG
Pirate

Post by OMG » 11-04-2006 03:57 AM

Geroge is sure fasinated by crickets lol

All right I'm off, enjoy the last hour of the program everyone.

Barbie
Pirate

Post by Barbie » 11-04-2006 03:58 AM

Nitey-nite. Don't let the bed bugs bite...

Pegasuss
Pirate

Post by Pegasuss » 11-04-2006 04:01 AM

OMG wrote: Geroge is sure fasinated by crickets lol

All right I'm off, enjoy the last hour of the program everyone.

Thanks for hanging out again tonight OMG. Smooth sailing into Saturday with no waves.:)
The Truth Is Out There

Pegasuss
Pirate

Post by Pegasuss » 11-04-2006 04:16 AM

He must have been camping out the night my wife and I were there.:D
Last edited by Pegasuss on 11-04-2006 04:18 AM, edited 1 time in total.
The Truth Is Out There

Pegasuss
Pirate

Post by Pegasuss » 11-04-2006 04:20 AM

Well y'all, I'm calling it a night.(morning) Smooth sailing to you. Good night.:)
The Truth Is Out There

Barbie
Pirate

Post by Barbie » 11-04-2006 04:21 AM

I was writing congress and senators in 1972, endeavoring to get them to vote to decriminalize pot and allow us to grow 3 plants or less. I still have the many personal replies I received from everyone I wrote. So you know I've been on the list for a very long time.

KenaiAK
Pirate

Post by KenaiAK » 11-04-2006 04:33 AM

Weird, the bumper music is going reallly sllllooooowwwww. Maybe it's because of that time rip deal.

KenaiAK
Pirate

Post by KenaiAK » 11-04-2006 04:57 AM

This show is weird.

Return to “Fantastic Forum 'Original Radio Room'”