ORR~22 thru 25 Oct 07~Wild Card Line Week

Join in most nights at 10pm Pacific for 'Almost Live' posting - with the Fantastic Forum Pirates - now featuring Art Bell's Midnight in the Desert show posting.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 10-23-2007 11:48 PM

kaz glad I didn't miss you tonight, but stayed up very late last night watching the Firestorm coverage and woke up at 7:30 this morning and am so tired I can't see.......have a good night and hope to catch you tomorrow.....nite.

Kaztronic

Post by Kaztronic » 10-23-2007 11:52 PM

Night Shirley,

Glad to see you to :)

Now I am going to run on back to the kitchen and see how it is possible to make this much smoke just making a grilled cheese sandwich, LoL. I can't cook, I swear!

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Post by joequinn » 10-24-2007 12:20 AM

The whole week is wild card week? That does not seem good to me...

Could it be that Noory feels uncomfortable with the experts because he knows that he is not on their level? Or that Prem Rad is trying to water down the paranormal nature of the show by keeping them away? Or are the experts staying away because they know that Coast-to-Coast is no longer the Grand Ole Opry of the paranormal?

I ask myself these questions a lot...

No question about it, the show --- once the cutting edge of late night talk radio --- has been defanged and is now toothless.It's little more than an occasionally entertaining contemporary popular events program now.... <SIGH>
"Fuggedah about it, Jake --- it's Chinatown!"

Kaztronic

Post by Kaztronic » 10-24-2007 12:31 AM

Oh, well great news everyone! George is going to save San Diego!

George just took credit for rain in Atlanta with a mass consciousness experiment. He is considering doing a similar experiment for San Diego. But first he needs to weigh the consequences of rain in San Diego.

To say the least, he had a great guest on who did an incredible job describing the fire and his personal account of evacuation, and you know there was absolutely no response by this guest to that obscenely egotistical statement by George about Atlanta.

Kaztronic

Post by Kaztronic » 10-24-2007 12:36 AM

Hi Joe,

Sadly, I couldn't agree with you more. The show has become borderline infomercial at times, and when it is not running as that, then it is running gimmicks.

Man, it is so sad to see that this show is no longer challenging in any way other than whether we can stay awake through it. It's amazing how riveting it used to be in comparison to the direction it is going through now.

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Post by joequinn » 10-24-2007 12:42 AM

Kaztronic, quality will out! People are lazy and trivial, and they don't like to be challenged and made to think. But after a while in their non-demanding playpen of the mind, they become bored because they know that they need in the long run exactly what they don't want in the short run.

Quality will out! People want trash, but they know that they need quality. Which is why Coast-to-Coast has been spiraling downward for quite some time now... :(

On a totally unrelated note...

Shirleypal, were you living in Oakland in the fall of 1990? I visited a good friend who lived in Oakland at that time, and wouldn't it be funny if you and I passed each other, walking down the street and not knowing that we would be meeting on cyberspace a sixth of a century later? Cosmic irony, no? :D
Last edited by joequinn on 10-24-2007 12:45 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 10-24-2007 12:52 AM

Ahoy, Pirates of the Fantastic.

The Wild Card tag is of the ORR here, Joe - not with C2C.

Feel that full moon coming on...
October 25th/26th - Full Hunter's Moon.

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Post by joequinn » 10-24-2007 12:55 AM

Noory is going on and on about the California fires. Yes, the topic is a serious one, and talk radio should cover it extensively. But should it be given an hour on a program that is supposed to be founded on the paranormal and the ufological? No, I don't think that it should, and the fact that it is being covered in extenso is a sign that the foundation of Coast-to-Coast is no longer the paranormal-ufological. It appears to be general Amerikan current events. Such a program is deeply needed on late night talk radio, but why should it be Coast-to-Coast?... <SIGH>
Last edited by joequinn on 10-24-2007 01:00 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Kaztronic

Post by Kaztronic » 10-24-2007 01:20 AM

George has been quiet for way too long, he must be totally lost right now.....

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Post by joequinn » 10-24-2007 01:40 AM

Linnea, I see the meaning of your remark. Why was this thread named as it was since it quite obviously was not a wild-card week? It's somewhat annoying...

I am listening to Noory's interview with John Hogue. Those clicks on Hogue's line are really quite disturbing! And I am a little annoyed that Hogue is on only for an hour. A serious guest like Hogue needs a thee-hour format, the kind of format that Art Bell used to provide as a matter of course. A hour does not provide any serious information. Which seems to be Prem Rad's purpose.... :(

Kaztronic

Post by Kaztronic » 10-24-2007 01:46 AM

Hey Linnea,

What is a full hunters moon? I have never heard the term before.

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Post by joequinn » 10-24-2007 08:46 AM

The hour with John Hogue was interesting but entirely too short --- and therefore too superficial. I tuned off my Internet radio the moment that he was followed by --- "the numbers lady."

I'm sorry, folks, but I have given up the ghost on Coast-to-Coast...

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 10-24-2007 10:27 AM

Shirleypal, were you living in Oakland in the fall of 1990? I visited a good friend who lived in Oakland at that time, and wouldn't it be funny if you and I passed each other, walking down the street and not knowing that we would be meeting on cyberspace a sixth of a century later? Cosmic irony, no?

We may have walked past each other.......btw I lived in Berkeley just north of Oakland, but spent much time in the Rockridge District and Montclair District of Oakland, making me nostalgic Joe.
College Avenue which extends into Oakland from Berkeley is an amazing street, it is where I went to buy my Birkenstocks.

IvyQ
Pirate

Post by IvyQ » 10-24-2007 07:39 PM

hey all...

Shirley, was just out on the porch and was looking at the moon... what did you call this October moon? Big Moon?

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 10-24-2007 07:47 PM

hey Ivy.......Hunters Moon. This information via Linnea:

October's full moon is often referred to as the Full Hunter's Moon, Blood Moon or Sanguine Moon. Many moons ago, Native Americans named this bright moon for obvious reasons. The leaves are falling from trees, the deer are fattened and it's time to begin storing up meet for the long winter ahead. Because the fields were traditionally reaped in late September or early October, hunters could easily see fox and other animals that come out to glean from the fallen grains.

Probably because of the threat of winter looming close, the Hunter's Moon is generally accorded with special honor, historically serving as an important feast day in both Western Europe and among many Native American tribes.

This year, depending on where you live, the Full Hunter's Moon will be completely full either October 25th or the 26th. How could it be either or? Well the moon this month becomes completely full at 12:52 am EST, but if you live in any other time zone, you'd back it up to the 25th.

*Farmer's Almanac

Return to “Fantastic Forum 'Original Radio Room'”