Wednesday Night With George Noory - "Astral Entities&qu

Join in most nights at 10pm Pacific for 'Almost Live' posting - with the Fantastic Forum Pirates - now featuring Art Bell's Midnight in the Desert show posting.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Kaztronic

Post by Kaztronic » 07-07-2011 01:24 AM

Being open to the idea of communication with the "other side", what this guest is describing is something I do not think I could personally deal with.

Being a person that attracts those who recently passed away strikes me as being something that could go very badly. Not everyone who dies is a good guy. I imagine the potential for posession is quite serious for those who are in fact mediums that can communicate with the dead.
Image "You'll get used to my babbling, all the others have." - Anna Madrigal from "Tales Of The City" by Armistead Maupin

Kaztronic

Post by Kaztronic » 07-07-2011 01:27 AM

Oh god, the ouija board chat is coming up.

If there is one topic I NEVER, EVER want to hear George Noory discuss again, it is the damn ouija board.

Do you remember that stunt he pulled several years ago, when he considered doing it live on the air?
Image "You'll get used to my babbling, all the others have." - Anna Madrigal from "Tales Of The City" by Armistead Maupin

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Post by Dale O Sea » 07-07-2011 01:30 AM

Kaztronic wrote: Don't know if I buy in to this idea that bad luck is caused by psychic attack.

Seems like a convenient excuse - although not one I have heard at work yet.
Most any spiritual topic eludes me.. My brain likes the logical, scientific and struggles with the psychic..tho some quantum theory is tying space-time to how esp might be explained. I could have said that better but it's late and I'm too lazy to reword it.

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Post by Dale O Sea » 07-07-2011 01:31 AM

Kaztronic wrote: Oh god, the ouija board chat is coming up.

If there is one topic I NEVER, EVER want to hear George Noory discuss again, it is the damn ouija board.

Do you remember that stunt he pulled several years ago, when he considered doing it live on the air?

I remember..vaguely.

Maybe he'll weegee up some angels for us? Or Whodeenie. :crazyjump

Kaztronic

Post by Kaztronic » 07-07-2011 01:35 AM

I hear you, and I think I understand what you're trying to say.

Still, who is to say it is spiritual? Much as animals can sense changes in their environment before they happen, perhaps we have an ability to sense beyond the five primary senses. Perhaps it is natural. Considering our brains are running at full steam, but our conscious bit is only accounting for 10% of the activity at any given time, the possibilities are too numerous to mention as to what we might be capable of.

Kaztronic

Post by Kaztronic » 07-07-2011 01:36 AM

Dale O Sea wrote:

Maybe he'll weegee up some angels for us? Or Whodeenie. :crazyjump

Or Oscar, the devils spawn! LoL :rolleyes:

Kaztronic

Post by Kaztronic » 07-07-2011 01:42 AM

I used a ouija board once - nothing happened.

Kaztronic

Post by Kaztronic » 07-07-2011 01:48 AM

OK, they're moving on to haunted houses.

I am admittedly fascinated by poltergeists. A friend of mine, whom I trust, claims to have lived in a horrible house that had a poltergeist which ultimately drove her to move.

There was a fascinating poltergeist in Newark, NJ back in the 60's in a public housing project. It was quite well documented at the time, and experts were unable to determine what was causing the terror that occured in the apartment. In the end, it was believed that it was not the apartment itself suffering from a poltergeist, but in fact it was a person - namely a young boy who lived in the apartment.

I've searched for follow-up info on the case, but have been unable to locate anything further.

~snip~

One of the most documented cases lasted only two weeks in a low income housing project in Newark. It all began in the apartment of Mabelle Clark, when her 13-year-old grandson, Ernest Rivers, was doing his homework on the kitchen table. To his amazement, a pepper shaker floated over from the stove and landed beside him. For the next two weeks, plates, cups, bowls, glasses, ashtrays, and other fragile objects sailed across their tiny apartment and smashed to the floor. Mrs. Clark tried to keep the unexplainable events secret, because she did not want to be evicted from the apartment where she had lived for 20 years. But neighbors started complaining about all the noise, and before long, representatives from the Newark Housing Authority were knocking at her door. When the officials beheld the unseen force wrecking havoc on the apartment, they brought in a team of parapsychologists. Word of the case spread, and hordes of reporters and curiosity-seekers descended on the building. There were so many people around that over 50 paranormal events were observed by multiple witnesses. A heavy steam iron floated from the linen closet into Mrs. Clark's bedroom, in full view of several people. A table lamp levitated across the living room and a drinking glass rose in mid-air, broke to pieces, then fell to the floor in slow motion. That same evening, Ernest's uncle was attacked by a sudden barrage of small objects. The phenomena stopped when young Ernest was removed from the apartment. He was a deeply troubled youth, whose mother had murdered his abusive prizefighter father five years earlier. Just before the poltergeist activity began, Ernest's mother escaped from a woman's reformatory and was not apprehended until a month later.

Haunted-Place.com

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Post by Dale O Sea » 07-07-2011 01:50 AM

I played with my grandma's when I was about 5..They kept it on the shelf with Lincoln Logs, Monopoly, Careers, Rook and other card games. Odd now that I think back about it as around that time I was in summer vacation bible school.. I guess most Christian religious believe in ghosts and communication from beyond..

But it was an awesome Ouiji board..old, wooden..worn. Like from a scary movie.

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Post by Dale O Sea » 07-07-2011 01:51 AM

I may have to go.. this show sux.

They are all over the place and none is making sense to me.

BBC Worldnet is even better than this drivel.

Kaztronic

Post by Kaztronic » 07-07-2011 01:52 AM

Dale O Sea wrote:

But it was an awesome Ouiji board..old, wooden..worn. Like from a scary movie.

Nice!

Kaztronic

Post by Kaztronic » 07-07-2011 01:55 AM

Dale O Sea wrote: I may have to go.. this show sux.

They are all over the place and none is making sense to me.

Yes, it's been all over the place all night. The show has been bouncing from topic to topic. What worked in the first hour, is not working with this guest.

George needs to take control of the interview, and stop letting the guest run in any direction he chooses. They aren't really focusing on anything, and the follow-up questions really aren't making sense as they appear to be scripted for a guest who has the discipline to keep on point. But as the guest is sort of scattered, the follow-up questions seem to be coming up several minutes after the guest has moved on to another topic (much like the question George just asked about the effects of alcohol on people as relates to posession - they discussed that about 15 minutes ago and have covered at least 5 other topics since).

All the same, thanks for stopping in Dale :)

Kaztronic

Post by Kaztronic » 07-07-2011 01:58 AM

Top of the hour, once again, an alternative commercial for your viewing pleasure! (unless you prefer commercials about the value of gold investments).

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Post by Dale O Sea » 07-07-2011 02:01 AM

Kaztronic wrote: Yes, it's been all over the place all night. The show has been bouncing from topic to topic. What worked in the first hour, is not working with this guest.

George needs to take control of the interview, and stop letting the guest run in any direction he chooses. They aren't really focusing on anything, and the follow-up questions really aren't making sense as they appear to be scripted for a guest who has the discipline to keep on point. But as the guest is sort of scattered, the follow-up questions seem to be coming up several minutes after the guest has moved on to another topic (much like the question George just asked about the effects of alcohol on people as relates to posession - they discussed that about 15 minutes ago and have covered at least 5 other topics since).

All the same, thanks for stopping in Dale :)

That's the problem, he's in control, heh.

Yes, I've all but tuned him out this hour. My sister is IMing too, but not much into this show's *angle.

Good thread..

Good night.

(*not misspelled) ;)
[size=0]"Question everything, especially your media and their motives. -Me[/size]

Kaztronic

Post by Kaztronic » 07-07-2011 02:03 AM

Night :)

Return to “Fantastic Forum 'Original Radio Room'”