Coast to Coast 7/20 - 7/21 Booth Bros.

Join in most nights at 10pm Pacific for 'Almost Live' posting - with the Fantastic Forum Pirates - now featuring Art Bell's Midnight in the Desert show posting.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Pegasuss
Pirate

Coast to Coast 7/20 - 7/21 Booth Bros.

Post by Pegasuss » 07-20-2011 10:59 PM

George will interview Christopher & Phillip Booth who produce various films dealing with the supernatural.

Tonight they will deal with the legends associated with the infamous "trail of Tears" and the haunting's and curses by the brave Indians who attempted to resist the heartbreaking reality of President Andrew Jackson's slaughter of children and women of the Cherokee, Creeks, Seminoles and other American Indian tribes. Marching them until they collapsed unto death out of the South Eastern U.S. , Jackson began the continental process which would later be known as the U.S. "Manifest Destiny"
The Truth Is Out There

Pegasuss
Pirate

Post by Pegasuss » 07-21-2011 12:25 AM

The world is better with George than without him.

Hearing Neil Armstrong step onto the moon, I was 15 and still lived in the era where you had to ask permission to stay up late. My father, mother, & I were glued to the grainy black & white signals from Tranquility Base as the Eagle and it's Captain made the first footfalls on another world.

What a shame that 42 years later, the great emancipator has decided that we just need to lower our expectations and think about hunting & gathering again in order to save a planet which could only have a destiny with our help because of course, we as a species are so omnipresent!
The Truth Is Out There

Pegasuss
Pirate

Post by Pegasuss » 07-21-2011 01:21 AM

A castle is always a big deal!

Rob Zombie will give us some skeletor (not) action!:crazyjump
The Truth Is Out There

Pegasuss
Pirate

Post by Pegasuss » 07-21-2011 01:27 AM

Gotta love this caller, he brought together Halloween and a skeleton hand together in one story. And to make it better is that it's July, not October and goes to further the old legends that most witchery will happen after the summer solstice rather than the autumnal equinox. As so it says....
The Truth Is Out There

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Post by Dale O Sea » 07-21-2011 01:42 AM

Hi Pegasuss. A little quiet..I've not been listening either..a couple lf minutes away from sacktime also.

I sent you a PM about the gallery. I had a couple of more questions I forgot to add - I ran out of room anyway.

I wonder if you run Windows, what version? I asked that in the PM..

I forgot to ask what kind of camera you have and what size are the image files?

Also curious how big your pictures are and if you have boadband.

Pegasuss
Pirate

Post by Pegasuss » 07-21-2011 02:09 AM

Morning Dale. I tried to send you an ahoy & ran out of space also.
I'm working with windows Vista, basic stuff, no bells & whistles.

The camera is an inexpensive nikon cool pix (please don't ask the serial number right now because it's in my wife's purse)

I have a cable which should attach to the PC. I'm going to give it a try.
Now, if I scan some pictures into my vista save picture file, how do I get those over to the ship?
The Truth Is Out There

Pegasuss
Pirate

Post by Pegasuss » 07-21-2011 02:21 AM

Richard C. Hoagland on with space talk.

Good to hear the old standbys.

Art would say what Richard has just said: strap in and enjoy the ride!!!

(it must be George Bush's fault that the manned space program is canceled)
The Truth Is Out There

Pegasuss
Pirate

Post by Pegasuss » 07-21-2011 02:37 AM

Richards on a roll. His observations about the new progressive mentality as it relates to cancellation of the U.S. manned space program By Barack Hussein Obama really leads us to consider Orwell's 1984 double speak where up is down , yes is no, four is really five, and progressive is really regressive.

Richards all right with me. In fact, in some ways he is the old Coast! :cool:
Last edited by Pegasuss on 07-21-2011 02:42 AM, edited 1 time in total.
The Truth Is Out There

Pegasuss
Pirate

Post by Pegasuss » 07-21-2011 02:53 AM

Boy, Richard is on his normal roll, and he hasn't lost a beat. No disrespect to George but Richard is not going to allow George to correlate an "ape face "on an asteroid (according to George's reckoning) and Richards "Face on Mars".

Go get em Richard! :tonguesmi

Good night fellow pirates, calm seas and stiff winds to you all.:)
Last edited by Pegasuss on 07-21-2011 02:55 AM, edited 1 time in total.
The Truth Is Out There

starrmtn001
Jester Mod

Post by starrmtn001 » 07-21-2011 02:55 AM

Ahoy Pirate Pals.:D

Just thought I'd pop onto the observation deck before I go below to me bunk (by way of the galley for a pint lol).

starrmtn001
Jester Mod

Post by starrmtn001 » 07-21-2011 03:00 AM

Ahoy, Pirates? Did ye all retire below deck?

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Post by Dale O Sea » 07-21-2011 11:59 AM

Originally posted by Pegasuss
Morning Dale. I tried to send you an ahoy & ran out of space also.
I'm working with windows Vista, basic stuff, no bells & whistles.

Never used it but it's as good as 7 according to some - same under the hood.

The camera is an inexpensive nikon cool pix (please don't ask the serial number right now because it's in my wife's purse)

That was the wife's first camera. Don't need much more than the name..just checking, lol.

I have a cable which should attach to the PC. I'm going to give it a try.

Now, if I scan some pictures into my vista save picture file, how do I get those over to the ship?

Use that link I pasted into the PM -it goes straight to the login - or use this one and click the log-in link- extreme top right - and insert your PW and username that Fan provided and you are in.

Once there, the blue boxes at the top are where you want to go. The menus there are pretty standard and self-explanitory but if you have probs, holler.

Also, if your pix are very big they should be shrunk down for uploading. Over 3 MBs is too big for web pix - overkill for the gallery - 10% of that is more realistic. Otherwise it takes forever to upload.

If they are big use Picasa to resize them to 1024x768 or thereabouts. Then upload the resized pix using the Add menu.

Once uploaded you can add captions, etc., using the menu that appears on the thumbnail.

Don't worry about breaking anything in the gallery doing this and if you don't understand some of the menu items then you probably don't need them. If you get some in the wrong folder or forget to make one, or whatever, no worries as there is a nifty, tho clunky, drag and drop manager that you can use to move things where you want.

Picasa, BTW, does most all this and more semi-automatically, in a click or two, but to their own web space, the Picasa Gallery associated with your acct. If you use google a lot this is great, but if not then you may not want to consider it. Not sure how easy it is to share pix here but will try now.

Well, just looked and all Picasa has for sharing here is either a link to the album their gallery or an HTML embed, which this old board software isn't supporting currently.

[size=0]"Question everything, especially your media and their motives. -Me[/size]

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Post by Dale O Sea » 07-21-2011 12:12 PM

starrmtn001 wrote: Ahoy Pirate Pals.:D

Just thought I'd pop onto the observation deck before I go below to me bunk (by way of the galley for a pint lol).

Hiya starr! :D

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 07-21-2011 02:32 PM

Pegasuss wrote: Richard C. Hoagland on with space talk.

Good to hear the old standbys.

Art would say what Richard has just said: strap in and enjoy the ride!!!

(it must be George Bush's fault that the manned space program is canceled)

Everything is George Bush's fault- you know that.:D :D :D
A man's character is his fate

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 07-21-2011 02:39 PM

Pegasuss wrote: The world is better with George than without him.

Hearing Neil Armstrong step onto the moon, I was 15 and still lived in the era where you had to ask permission to stay up late. My father, mother, & I were glued to the grainy black & white signals from Tranquility Base as the Eagle and it's Captain made the first footfalls on another world.

What a shame that 42 years later, the great emancipator has decided that we just need to lower our expectations and think about hunting & gathering again in order to save a planet which could only have a destiny with our help because of course, we as a species are so omnipresent!

I have been suspicious for a very long time about this decision of our President to bring our space exploration program to a halt. Yes I know privately folks can fund and sponsor but I can think of many other programs I feel that way about and would rather segway my tax dollars other places.

I guess we can all say that can't we. Oh well.:confused:
A man's character is his fate

Return to “Fantastic Forum 'Original Radio Room'”