8/18/12 - Sat. Nite Live Chat Open Invite - Art Bell SIT w/G

Join in most nights at 10pm Pacific for 'Almost Live' posting - with the Fantastic Forum Pirates - now featuring Art Bell's Midnight in the Desert show posting.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 08-18-2012 10:11 PM

Riddick wrote: I do see 'em online.

Could be he's simply AFK?

You keep me on my toes - had to look that one up.

He is probably whipping up some delectable Neapolitan delicacy and having a really good bottle of wine.

That man has class.;)
A man's character is his fate

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 08-18-2012 10:13 PM

There is that confused word again.
A man's character is his fate

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 08-18-2012 10:32 PM

rkelley wrote: U7radio.com....24/7 Art Bell SIT
Hoo WEE!

Strickly SIT at U7, eh?

Listenin' at FineArtStream.com lately it seems simply full of SIT too!

I do like a good SIT, but there's LOADS more other stuff out there...

Don't get me wrong though, IMHO both sites can SIT all they want -

Far be it from Art Bell fans to dump on a good thing, KnowhutImean?

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 08-18-2012 11:10 PM

Hey now, would you believe I actually got to see RCH live in person when he came to the UW conference on God Man & ET back in 2003 -

Don't suppose we could get Art to do personal appearances, but that'd be pretty kewl wouldn't it?

Prolly still has enuff trouble as it is beating off all those AB Groupies inundating Pahrump :eek:

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 08-18-2012 11:42 PM

Even tho Yours Truly didn't have newz cruizes bugging him all day, he's finding his steam's running out to the point where now does beckon unto him the La-La Land of Nitey-Nite Sleepy-Bye...

But it HAS been a lotta fun, and even more howz this sound to y'all: soon as I get a round tuit I'll post a link to audio of this here SIT show so folks who missed out 2nite can pick things up whenever they wanta AND as they walla-walla wanta. Izzat a plan or whut?

Yessiree 'n' Golly Bob Howdy - Us One and Only Original FF Party Animals, We Definitely Do Keep on Keepin' On... 'til the morning sun rises OR our ancient eyelids star to fall, whichever comes first KnowhutImean? :D
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Post by Dale O Sea » 08-19-2012 10:29 AM

Looks like you guys had some fun here. I'll have to check this out next time - hope it's a regular thing. :)Image

Pardon my confusion but I was under the impression that the AB replay Somewhere in Time shows were part of premradio's streamlink subscription service. I don't/won't be getting that. But if you can stream it from kqna and only pay with time listening to ads then I may have to give a listen with you all here.

And apologies if this seems counter to your plans here but I guess it's my years of listening to podcasts that has made me even more intolerable of long commercial breaks. I'd love to see the ORR running regular again. Great seeing folks in here discussing Art's show again. Too bad and sad indeed that the live version cant attract the loyal ORR party it used to before whatshizname's reign reflavored the show beyond most listener's taste.

And don't forget, there are other sources of classic Art Bell shows out there. I have a hundred or so banked myself and don't consider myself an archivist of them. Others have many more and some trade and stream them online. Not CD quality as streamlink's stream is, but very listenable and better than most AM originals. Just saying, you all could be listening 24-7 if that suits ya', and meeting like this more than once a week if you wanted - and on your own schedule to boot.

Looking forward to more of this guys. And a big THANK YOU to Riddick for putting it all together for the Art Bell fans here.

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Post by Dale O Sea » 08-19-2012 10:43 AM

Riddick wrote: Hoo WEE!

Strickly SIT at U7, eh?

Listenin' at FineArtStream.com...

Yes, this is one of the great sources I mentioned above. I read he has over 500 different shows in his rotation. And he's been on for at least a couple of year so he seems here to stay. You all could do an ORR around that but since it runs 24-7, so would the ORR, heh. Or not.

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 08-19-2012 07:23 PM

Dale O Sea wrote: Looking forward to more of this guys. And a big THANK YOU to Riddick for putting it all together for the Art Bell fans here.
Hey Now Dale, thanks for the thanks & kudos.

As it happens, so much as it doesn't often happen I took note of the coincidental original airing date of last night's SIT (now available for listening at one's leisure here), and thought "how cool is that? It's deja vu all over again" :D

Anahoo, that's what got me started with the idea of a retro ORR Art Bell thread, and the rest, as they say, is history... and looking forward, as to what future history may hold in that area, I'm also of a mind more IS better-!

That said, beyond simply the Saturday night Art Bell SIT airings (which may or may not continue), from my perspective to have something like this going on any old night of the week, similarly starting at or around the hour of 8p CT and on-going from there 'til 12, or dawn, OR later or sooner would be one way to do it -

At the same time, working from your thought Dale, the concept of maintaining a separate 24/7/365 Classic AB discussion thread utterly without any sort of schedule where folks could come in to chat about whatever shows are currently playing on U7 and FineArtStream could run in parallel to any given Saturday night SIT parties, or regular OR semi-regular spur-of-the-moment rest-of-the-week meetups.

For any-such "scheduled" ORR Art Bell 'Almost Live' evening chats, I'd think some semblance of order could be based off of a group effort 'judgment call' subsequent to an initial discussion as to which site's show at any given time is the best - or for something completely different, at someone's recommendation folks might opt to listen-in-coordination to an AB classic freely available at Funkobaldy's Archive, YouTube or whereever-else -

Last but not least, rather than have a regular "Master of Ceremonies" for both the Saturday SIT and any-old-night chats, that honor could go to whoever shows up initially and wants to 'kick-off' the evening festivities (perhaps starting with a listen to ZZTop's Dreadmonboogaloo to help set up a jubilant tone for the night).

So how's about it, folks - izzat a plan, or whut?

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Post by Dale O Sea » 08-19-2012 08:56 PM

... the concept of maintaining a separate 24/7/365 Classic AB discussion thread utterly without any sort of schedule where folks could come in to chat about whatever shows are currently playing on U7 and FineArtStream could run in parallel to any given Saturday night SIT parties, or regular OR semi-regular spur-of-the-moment rest-of-the-week meetups.
Sounds great to me. One could make a separate thread for each stream and SiT, with a new one every week or as needed.. Only problem I see, if past record is evidence - you may have more streams than participants.

Also, you may dilute your audience - spreading them too thin between streams/rooms with so many show options. Perhaps a moderator should pick one so that wouldn't happen..just saying, if you have 3 sources, even just two and only a handfull of ORR'ers then you will have a slow time of it if they are spread all over the place - not to mention the confusion that would ensue.

But a good thing is that this wouldn't be happening in the middle of the night like the live show..talk about listners dropping off. Many would come for the first hour then peter out first news break - sometimes it was me that dozed, heh.

But details can be worked out...a problem we always had was getting and keeping folks interested.

Return to “Fantastic Forum 'Original Radio Room'”