Aug 20-24, 2012 - Classic ART BELL Show 'Almost Live' Chats!

Join in most nights at 10pm Pacific for 'Almost Live' posting - with the Fantastic Forum Pirates - now featuring Art Bell's Midnight in the Desert show posting.

Moderator: Super Moderators

rkelley
Pirate

Post by rkelley » 08-23-2012 11:12 PM

Yep without commercials the shows fly by
It's a rock, Get over it!!

rkelley
Pirate

Post by rkelley » 08-23-2012 11:25 PM

Good thing AB didn't use that time machine....would he really want to know what to know where he would be now!

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 08-23-2012 11:30 PM

Most likely at the time he had little idea C2C would be where it is today...

OTOH, if he had a time machine right NOW and went back ten years, he could tell his previous self what's happened and subsequently we might have a totally different show and host eh!

rkelley
Pirate

Post by rkelley » 08-23-2012 11:34 PM

Things most likely would have turned out different in many ways. I know if I had know then what I know now it would sure be different.

rkelley
Pirate

Post by rkelley » 08-23-2012 11:46 PM

Catch you all tomorrow night

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 08-24-2012 12:03 AM

Oakie Doakie, BCNU next time (whatever night that happens to be for me...)

Btw to add comment on your immediately preceding post, rk, I'd say that's gotta be a very-near universal sentiment.

I tellya though, time travel has always been one of my biggest extranormal interests. Not being an expert, I don't claim to know how it would work, but my current best guess is if someone could travel into their own past and make changes they thought would carry thru from there, they'd still find everything to be more or less the same when they returned to the present -

OTOH, in a case where existence consists of a omniverse of infinite possibilities, said someone may well have created another timeline where things DID turn out a lot different - but, by the 'laws of conservation of space-time' s/he will by necessity return to a timeline that's essentially the same as the one they left...

As I said, I don't claim to have any special knowledge regarding effects of time travel (Calling Doctor Who! Calling Doctor Brown! ;)), but at the same time I DO enjoy speculating on it!

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Post by Dale O Sea » 08-24-2012 12:30 AM

Originally posted by Riddick
I guess great minds think alike eh...!

Posting an image was what I already planned to do not knowing otherwise how to do it... knowing otherwise, Fan may well come up with something even more elegant and straightforward.

Anahoo, thanks for the sage advice Dale :)
This works:

Code: Select all

[img]http://i49.tinypic.com/k1chl5.gif[/img]

The

[/b]tag also does the trick - and rather colorfully. :cool: 

I tried the code tag first but no luck. Not sure why I didn't think of that before..

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 08-24-2012 07:41 PM

Hey Now Gang, so much as any party that starts up here around or at 8p CT (or anytime after) tonite will be the last one in THIS thread, I'd like anyone who initiates any final 'Level 3 Test' chat here to try out that idea I had about including a marker for the first post of the evening FROM the first poster - so, here's what to do...

Said first poster can simply copy and paste the following colored line somewhere in their initial post:

[img]http://tinyurl.com/ArtBellChatBanner[/img]
If in preview mode you see the following banner:

You're doing it right. If not and you can't figure it out, don't fret, someone might come along that can help you fix it later.

I've got a few other things I want to pass by y'all about how I see things will work after tonite - what I'd like for y'all to do is to check out my rough-draft FAQ in the Update thread and let me know by posting there if it reads good and makes sense to you, and if not, tell me why not along with any corrections and/or suggestions on what-all there is in it I might fix to make it more understandable.

As it is, I plan on posting the FAQ and the new chat thread in the new ORR subdeck sometime tomorrow am or early pm ahead of this week's SiT show... In any case, whether I'm here tonight or not, please do Carry On Chatting knowhutImean?

Return to “Fantastic Forum 'Original Radio Room'”