Spike Mike mentioned by Noory

Join in most nights at 10pm Pacific for 'Almost Live' posting - with the Fantastic Forum Pirates - now featuring Art Bell's Midnight in the Desert show posting.

Moderator: Super Moderators

JimWest
Pirate

Spike Mike mentioned by Noory

Post by JimWest » 08-09-2013 03:29 AM

In the last hour of the live c2cam show tonight, Noory mentioned former FF ORR moderator Spike Mike.
Noory bragged that he helped Spike Mike of the Fantastic Forum out years ago when he was in need and gave him a gift of $500 and after that Spike Mike's attitude toward him changed.
Noory said Spike Mike appeared to have disappeared from FF and didn't know where he is now. :cool:

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 08-09-2013 08:35 AM

Bless George always the "Humble" host. :D
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 08-09-2013 09:03 AM

interesting. So, he bought him off?

LOL OK Spike, come and tell us the real story.
The heartbreaking necessity of lying about reality and the heartbreaking impossibility of lying about it.

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle

Riddick
Pirate

Re: Spike Mike mentioned by Noory

Post by Riddick » 08-09-2013 10:24 AM

JimWest wrote: Noory said Spike Mike appeared to have disappeared from FF and didn't know where he is now. :cool:
Obviously GN hasn't visited the artbell.com Facebook page lately.
Last edited by Riddick on 08-09-2013 06:09 PM, edited 1 time in total.

HB3

Post by HB3 » 08-09-2013 01:41 PM

That would be great if Spike Mike showed up, buy I doubt it's gonna happen. I think there was all manner of in-fighting, bad blood, and craziness, but I'm not exactly sure of the particulars. It sucks that there was all this drama.

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 08-09-2013 04:15 PM

I heard that as well and had one of the WTF moments. I don't know why Noory would mention he would give money to people, other than it being for ratings. You can help more people by not making it public, as well as avoid the line of folks with their hand out for something free.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 08-09-2013 04:39 PM

My take on it is George is becoming so insecure with Art coming back, he's cracking up. Lately he doesn't need a guest, he asks them a question and answers them him self. Then if a guest might get a point of view across, George will argue with them. He goes through these things, this time it is worse, than ever. :(
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 08-09-2013 04:51 PM

I don't know if he's cracking up, but there are signs that the Coast family is not healthy. At the least, Premiere, (as a staple of Clear Channel), is going to have to go on the defensive. If, (and I don't think this is something XM would do), the folks at XM were to release the replay portions to terrestrial radio, it would be a nightmare for George to be up against Art. Especially in communities where there are stations with 50kw.

The one thing that bugs me the most is how George seems to be ducking out sooner, leaving more of the closing theme to play. It reminds me of someone who wants to get out of there and go home. Listen and the end and note how George will start credits early and let the music fill, while John B. talks right up to the end. The mark of a real pro.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 09-20-2013 10:36 PM

I am spikemike's friend on facebook. Spike if you are reading this, we would love to see you.
The heartbreaking necessity of lying about reality and the heartbreaking impossibility of lying about it.

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 09-20-2013 11:24 PM

Insecure - definitely.
A man's character is his fate

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 09-20-2013 11:36 PM

Diogenes wrote: Insecure - definitely.

me, spikemike or noory? Or all of the above?

Lore
Pirate

Post by Lore » 09-21-2013 02:51 PM

I think Diogenes meant Noory. You don't strike me as the type to be insecure about much, Fan.

As for Spike Mike, I think he got tired of the Noory bashing on this forum especially in the radio room so he quit. It is hard to run a radio room and keep a part of the forum going when all anyone wanted to do was bash the host of the show that the radio room was about.

I am fairly certain he had been a member of this forum for at least 5 years and not sure how many of them had been as the moderator of the radio room, but think it might have been most of those years.

Didn't seem there was a lot of loyalty on this forum for his years of service.

Don't blame him for quitting.

It is too bad he doesn't come back and reinstate his membership here. Different management along with the return of Art Bell could easily make him feel more welcome.

As for Noory talking about giving Spike Mike money, shame on George for talking about that stuff at all. To truly do good, you don't brag that you have done good. Changes the dynamic from altruism to ego puffing.

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 09-21-2013 04:32 PM

Fan wrote: me, spikemike or noory? Or all of the above?

Fan, how funny - no not you - GN.

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 09-21-2013 04:43 PM

Lore wrote: I think Diogenes meant Noory. You don't strike me as the type to be insecure about much, Fan.

As for Spike Mike, I think he got tired of the Noory bashing on this forum especially in the radio room so he quit. It is hard to run a radio room and keep a part of the forum going when all anyone wanted to do was bash the host of the show that the radio room was about.

I am fairly certain he had been a member of this forum for at least 5 years and not sure how many of them had been as the moderator of the radio room, but think it might have been most of those years.

Didn't seem there was a lot of loyalty on this forum for his years of service.

Don't blame him for quitting.

It is too bad he doesn't come back and reinstate his membership here. Different management along with the return of Art Bell could easily make him feel more welcome.

As for Noory talking about giving Spike Mike money, shame on George for talking about that stuff at all. To truly do good, you don't brag that you have done good. Changes the dynamic from altruism to ego puffing.

The best givers are those who do so anonymously. It's a more gracious and classy way to go.

You make another good point - constructive criticism can move very easily to "piling on". I think it was last night I was listening to C2C and during open lines someone called in under the auspices of discussing a topic and then they tried to deftly get into George and Art.

If you don't like George then don't listen, but to call in with such a childish and petty agenda - it says more about the caller and less about George.

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 09-21-2013 05:17 PM

I would see no reason to mention a gift, (especially a private gift of money), except to boast.

Return to “Fantastic Forum 'Original Radio Room'”