Boatswain

Post by TABwebmaster » 11-06-2004 06:57 AM

Here's George's plug from last night:

http://www.seti-teamartbell.com/FFPlug110504.mp3

It's just over 1MB.

;)
Thanks George!
Mark
Last edited by TABwebmaster on 11-06-2004 07:24 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Devastated
Moderator - Hammock Expert

It's not about money...

Post by Devastated » 11-06-2004 08:11 AM

Hey, folks, it's not just about money.
But it is about money. In some ways. Of 3,000 Pirates, only fewer than 100 are willing to help.
In another thread BadBoy says just hit the Paypal button.
Well, the ship just had a "fundraiser" for a month or two. Owners and moderators reminded you frequently that more bandwidth was going to cost about $100 per month more. So, the crew hollered for donations and Spike Mike gave hummingbird portraits to contributors. After several weeks (more than a month) what did we collect? About $200, which is enough for two month's extra bandwidth.
So you see, Badboy, that hollering and asking for money is not the solution, because people on the Ship are pretty tight. Amazingly so, actually, considering how much they have to say!:D
Linnea is asking for big-time help with energy, administration and general mood-lifting. Some of that we're good at, but money? Ha!
You don't have to believe everything that you think...

Cara
Pirate

I am not good at that...

Post by Cara » 11-06-2004 08:59 AM

I don't know anything about running a website, but I know I don't want this forum to die. I would love to donate, if that would help. Just let me know where to send money. I read more than I post, bit have read here for a long time. I don't want to lose it. If there is something else a non-techy can do, just let me know.

Devastated

Post by Devastated » 11-06-2004 09:03 AM

edit by Captain Fantastic

doantions are not currently being requested. Please do NOT contribute via the Paypal link - it no longer works. Also, do not send any contributions via snail mail. Thanks for your concern. We will post a message later here, in a couple weeks regarding much needed donations.

Thanks again -

Cara
Pirate

Thanks Devastated!

Post by Cara » 11-06-2004 09:07 AM

Thanks, just found it as you posted. I feel really bad that I missed this. I have just been too busy lately.

Burt Gummer
Pirate

Post by Burt Gummer » 11-06-2004 10:13 AM

TABwebmaster wrote: Here's George's plug from last night:

http://www.seti-teamartbell.com/FFPlug110504.mp3

It's just over 1MB.

;)
Thanks George!
Mark

George exposed another facet of his caring personality!

Thanks George!

...Wonder if "The Donner" was listening...?

Burt Gummer
Pirate

Post by Burt Gummer » 11-09-2004 09:08 AM

The 10th is quickly approaching - wind in the sails or scuttled to the depths?

Anything needed?

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Post by Dale O Sea » 11-09-2004 09:22 AM

I think we're OK for now, BG. Linnea said another fund drive ould be announced here in the Announcements/FYI room when we need one. Your concern is appreciated. Thanks. :)
[size=0]"Question everything, especially your media and their motives. -Me[/size]

Harmoniman
Pirate

Art is not a pirate..He's a loner

Post by Harmoniman » 11-09-2004 11:17 AM

Thomas Veil wrote: Geeze, some of the people with their George Noory bashing amaze me. The man made it clear, I thought, that he didn't want to buy the Fantastic Forum. He just wanted to see if there was anything he could do to help keep it going. I think it was a nice gesture.

I'd like to buy this place myself, but I'm sure he price is too high. There is a lot I really like about this place, and there are additions I could see making it even better. I sure hope it survives, because it is the best forum of its kind on the web.

I'm amazed too,T.V., George wants to help and all he gets is defecated upon. I think this love affair with Art has done more to hurt FF than anything else. It is typical of those who align themselfs with "pirates" to have a mob mentallity and bully-up on an easy target. I hope this forum survives. The web masters and mistresses who own it however, will not be hurting if it goes down. BAHRIYE !!:mad:
Have you noticed how people's intellectual curiosity declines sharply the moment
they start waving guns about? Doctor Who

Burt Gummer
Pirate

Post by Burt Gummer » 11-09-2004 09:31 PM

dale65802 wrote: I think we're OK for now, BG. Linnea said another fund drive ould be announced here in the Announcements/FYI room when we need one. Your concern is appreciated. Thanks. :)

Thanks Dale!

Iris
Pirate

Post by Iris » 11-09-2004 09:44 PM

My apologies to everyone for starting this thread. I was only trying to help, and didn't mean to hurt or upset anyone. :(
We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately. B. Franklin

Devastated

Re: Art is not a pirate..He's a loner

Post by Devastated » 11-10-2004 07:46 AM

Harmoniman wrote: I'm amazed too,T.V., George wants to help and all he gets is defecated upon. I think this love affair with Art has done more to hurt FF than anything else. It is typical of those who align themselfs with "pirates" to have a mob mentallity and bully-up on an easy target. I hope this forum survives. The web masters and mistresses who own it however, will not be hurting if it goes down. BAHRIYE !!:mad:

Harmoniman, I am surprised at you. You took potshots at George consistently and all along, here on the ship. I guess his mentioning of the Forum has you putting on another face, or what? Anyway, it's nice to see another aspect...
I like Hendrix too.

Black Tassel
Pirate

Post by Black Tassel » 11-10-2004 12:50 PM

One of the reasons I've stopped even checking/reading this board is all the 'Noory Bashin' .

Not only here, but on 'Kingdom of Knye'..........

I really like George, and perhaps should have said so earlier. But I zipped my lip for fear of being slammed. George is a very humble, kind, moderate host and I could not find any compassion for him here on this ship.......... only criticizm. He could do nothing right.

Art Bell is NOT A GOD . Sure I love Art, but he has his faults, very many in fact.

I really think Coast has increased its depth with George's involvement. He's willing to travel to conferences -- Art never would. Art's too self centred, reclusive. Also, now we've got Hilly subbing -- great eh?

Coast's Universe is expanding !!

Enough ranting for now
Brenda
Grobanite Forever

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 11-10-2004 01:45 PM

Brenda - there is little Noory bashing here at FF. He is widely accepted as the host of coast two coast. We follow c2c, hence we follow Noory. He is increasing his support and doing a great job. And yes, AB is a god - no doubt. :D Gods are pesky, haughty creatures - like Don Imus!

KoN is a more private desert creatures forum.
;)

racehorse
Pirate

Post by racehorse » 11-10-2004 02:16 PM

Linnea wrote: Brenda - there is little Noory bashing here at FF. He is widely accepted as the host of coast two coast. We follow c2c, hence we follow Noory. He is increasing his support and doing a great job. And yes, AB is a god - no doubt. :D Gods are pesky, haughty creatures - like Don Imus!

;)

This is true. George has much more support on the ship than in the past. :)
racehorse

Return to “Announcements/ FYI”