Some good news!

Just what is says. Click and read on.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Waverider
Pirate

Post by Waverider » 02-01-2006 12:55 PM

Sorry to hear about the delay, Alien_UK...

Keep us posted on the progress.

One thing that is good, time seems to go by very quickly these days...

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 02-01-2006 01:27 PM

Alien_UK wrote: just think of the reunion :) i'm trying my friend :(

Alien sweetie snap out of it. Start making a plan of what you will do and what you will accomplish when you are in Canada. Start a goal chart, talk to your wife on the phone about the plans. Get excited with her about your new life in Canada.

Eat well, do a lil excercise as it will help with the feeling down part of your day. Eat out, talk to a friend and talk to us.

We will help you get thru those eight weeks. Come on chap you can do it you got a ship load of friends to help you accomplish this fast moving time frame.

Okay tell us what you are looking forward to when you get settled in Canada.....;)

p.s. I want to see a lil bit of a smile for your new life...come on a little smile...please...:)

Alien_UK
Pirate

Post by Alien_UK » 02-01-2006 01:52 PM

Hi Tiffany what am I looking forward too? Creating a new home and seeing some of BC’s wilderness. I love to explore and get out in to the sticks when possible. Making new friends is also a challenge we are both looking forward to. But my real dream is to take flying lessons that would be the cream on the cake for me. And your right Tiffany I’m starting to feel a little up beat now I was just thinking my angel will be their soon 14:30 Canadian time and I will get a call hopefully full of excitement. I’m going to go see some friends tonight for supper I know I’ll be ok. What makes me feel down is that I never went with her so we could both share the new experience together. To see her face light up when we landed and to feel her excitement of achieving her dream. After all it is Renata’s dream but one that I embraced as I do have a genuine love for BC. 8 weeks will go by very quickly for sure, but what makes me feel sad is the magical moments as stated above I will never get to share with her. That’s the main reason for my sadness but I’ll be ok and feel better in a few days.

And thanks you Tiffany and all you good pirates for your concerns and moral support it is as always appreciated.

Love to you all

David

PS. When I get that call in a few hours you will not be able to knock the smile of my face ;)
Last edited by Alien_UK on 02-01-2006 01:55 PM, edited 1 time in total.

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Post by joequinn » 02-01-2006 01:54 PM

Isn't it strange how many members of The Fantastic Forum either live in the Pacific Northwest or are gravitating there? I myself plan to arrive within a couple of years --- you'll know that I have arrived when mass civil unrest begins to sweep the Cascades! :D --- but I know a number of other people who are doing the same thing too!

Of course, it's all hopeless. Long before the DHS wagons come to take us all away, Mount Rainier is going to explode like Mount Doom in the Tolkien movie and the Cascadia Subduction Zone is gone to give us a taste --- actually, an identical repetition! --- of what happened to South Asia on the day after Christmas 2004. And that's only the sub-paranormal stuff! Bigfoots and aliens and spooks, oh my!

:D :D :D :D :D
"Fuggedah about it, Jake --- it's Chinatown!"

Alien_UK
Pirate

Post by Alien_UK » 02-01-2006 02:09 PM

That was really cute joequinn did I say if all goes well we plan to start a family We just kninda had this idea it would be the perfect place to bring them up. But now after reading your post you make it sound just like London,:D anyhow you cheered me up Joe. thanks :D :D :D

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Post by joequinn » 02-01-2006 02:13 PM

Hey, Alien_UK, Vancouver may be the PERFECT place to raise kids. It certainly will give 'em a real good taste of the REAL world! :D :D :D
"Fuggedah about it, Jake --- it's Chinatown!"

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 02-01-2006 10:43 PM

Alien you will still see Renata's face light up when you get there. She will greet you and show you with excitement what she has found at the end of your rainbow.

Well I think it's a beautiful place to raise a family. Flying that sounds like fun, but be careful.

You have so much to look forward to. How exciting. A new home, the woods to explore, a family to start (that excercise I mentioned might come in handy here:D ), and a great interest to accomplish. I'd say you got a lot to be happy about. Have fun with friends at dinner, start writing down things you want to talk about with your wife about making a new home. She can be looking around and reporting back. Maybe emailing some pic's, etc.

8 weeks will go fast and you will see excitement in her face.;)

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 02-01-2006 10:48 PM

Alien_UK wrote: just think of the reunion :) i'm trying my friend :(

Alien, that picture is breaking my heart :( I am so sorry this is so hard on you. (((((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))

Tiff's right, just think of the look on her face when you get there. :D

btw...Hi Tiff:D
Last edited by SETIsLady on 02-01-2006 10:50 PM, edited 1 time in total.

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 02-01-2006 10:52 PM

SETIsLady wrote: Alien, that picture is breaking my heart :( I am so sorry this is so hard on you. (((((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))

Tiff's right, just think of the look on her face when you get there. :D

btw...Hi Tiff:D

Hi Linda......He's feeling better, it's up to us to keep him on the straight and narrow .... of anticipation and excitement for a new home, new country and new happiness with his wife....charge on us pirates...charge on...:D

starrmtn001
Jester Mod

Re: Some good news!

Post by starrmtn001 » 02-01-2006 11:17 PM

Alien_UK wrote: Ok the good news is (Drum Roll) Renata and I are immigrating to Canada, straight up this is no joke. We have discussed it for over three years now and have started the paper work, we expect to be there in 6 to 8 months. BC is where we have our hearts set on but will start in Vancouver and take it from there. As Renata is an intensive care nurse we both will be fast tracked, as they are looking more for people with Renata�s skills.

Will I be sorry to leave England behind? Well the way I feel right now NO! infact i feel over the moon, we went out last night and got totally wasted;)

Wow! How cool. I've never been to Great Britian but I was in Vancouver when I was 6 years old. I lost my first baby tooth there on the 4th of July. The ToothFairy left Canadian money under my pillow - which I still have (the money, not the pillow:D ).

Alien_UK
Pirate

Post by Alien_UK » 02-02-2006 05:59 AM

I feel better today I got a call last night. First she noticed how clean it was. (London is very dirty like one large trash can) The excitement in her voice did it for me I’m so proud of her she is so strong. But then came a sad note “I wish you were here dear” then like a true woman she announced she was off shopping watch out Burnaby. She had cleared customs and immigration and got to the apartment with no problems, thanks to the hospital sending a car to pick her up. Anyhow all in all I feel better I’m happy that she is happy, Renata has now got a week of orientation and lots of shopping. And yes you’re right 8 weeks will flyby there’s lots of lose ends I still need to tie up this end.

Again thanks pirates for your moral support this internet still amazes me of it’s diversity of power and the ability for people to reach out to each other, and you guy’s are the best at reaching out thanks.
Last edited by Alien_UK on 02-02-2006 06:04 AM, edited 1 time in total.

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 02-02-2006 06:07 AM

Oh thats good news :D You can never have too many pairs of shoes !!!

Glad to hear your feeling a bit better. We are here for you :)

Waverider
Pirate

Post by Waverider » 02-03-2006 12:45 PM

This is good news... She has landed and now that her feet has hit the ground, she is off and running.. Running to the shopping mall.. Hehe'
Ah, just think of it.. By the time you arrive there will be a nice warm place to rest your weary head, and arms to once again hold you tight.
I'd say you really have alot to look forward to, Alien_UK.
I'd cherish every moment of it.
Something wonder is happening....

And guess what', you're another day closer to that goal. :D

Alien_UK
Pirate

Post by Alien_UK » 02-03-2006 02:19 PM

Thanks pirates, I got a little worried (more than a little) today I have not heard from her in 20 hours no text message Renata is a prolific text massager. So you see why I was anxious but it turned out she got a new sim card $64.00 F@#k they only cost £3.99 here. I got a call at 18:30 my time she is happy and telling me how beautiful the mountains look from the window in the apartment. So that does it I just can’t wait to get there now.

Not sure if you are aware of the European lottery it’s a staggering £125 million this week see link below (I got my ticket wish me luck PLEASE;) ) that’s 250 million Canadian dollars wow!

I was thinking taking that sort of money to Canada it would be amazing how suddenly the paper work with the Canadian government would not be a problem. Heck the PM may even offer to greet me when I land. (Just dreaming) ;) again thanks pirates ;) and yes 1 day closer

Euro lottery rolls over to £125m
Last edited by Alien_UK on 02-03-2006 02:24 PM, edited 1 time in total.

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 02-03-2006 04:31 PM

Well your pic is definitely an improvement but come on more of a smile.

She is loving it there and so will you.....start making a to do list.

btw if you win could you throw a few pounds our way lol.......glad you are feeling better.....clean and great mountains and a lovely wife...you are blessed my friend..;)

Return to “Announcements/ FYI”