Pirate

Post by Bellisima » 10-09-2005 12:25 AM

Thanks, Mate. :D
ImageA silent mouth is sweet to hear.
Irish saying

MuseNoir
Pirate

Post by MuseNoir » 10-18-2005 09:28 PM

This is the best virtual group hug EVER! :) :) :)

MuseNoir
Pirate

Post by MuseNoir » 10-18-2005 09:34 PM

And VIGO..
You and I are coming up on our 1 year anniversary here at the Fantastic Forum. :D

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 10-18-2005 09:44 PM

Muse and Vigo November it is...

Aw what the heck here ya go:

vigo
Chief Swabbie

Post by vigo » 10-19-2005 12:05 AM

daboodaddy
Pirate

Post by daboodaddy » 10-19-2005 12:48 AM

Iris: Where art Thow?
Question EVERYTHING, even your OWN thoughts.
A "Daboodaddyism"

Shell
Pirate

I'm BAACK! :)

Post by Shell » 10-19-2005 10:57 AM

Hey Shipmates!

Glad to see everyone doing so well!

I've been down for a while...

Got BIT by the Breast Cancer Bug...

Luckily for me, the bite wasn't very big, yet....

They caught it "in time" so they tell me... it hadn't spread. I thank the universe every day...

But had to endure all of the "stuff" they have to do to you... and NO, it isn't ANY fun.

But I'm on my way back up now...

My hair is about 1 1/2 inches long!!! I was known as "Velcro head" for about a month there.... my hair would stand straight up, (because it didn't know what else to do...) and every time I'd go outside, if there was a leaf or a bug or fluff off of a flower blowing in the breeze, WHUMP!!!! Right ON to my head!!! I started to wonder if I was carrying some kind of static charge or something...

But it's getting BETTER... everything is.

I hope you all are feeling great... I know how good I felt, stopping in here from time to time, just to see what's going on, not logging in or anything, because I wasn't all that social for a while... But it sure is nice to know you're all here, keepin' the sails up in all their glory.

For quite a while there, I wasn't getting on at all, but would hear George say HI to you (us) all, and that would bring a happy grin to my face.

Thinking of you all ~ Happy to be BACK!

Shell :cool:

vigo
Chief Swabbie

Post by vigo » 10-19-2005 05:11 PM

Great News Shell and welcome back from a newer pirate. So you are sporting a new dew....you'll fit right in with the kids now a days :D :cool:

Waverider
Pirate

Post by Waverider » 10-19-2005 05:39 PM

Shell'
Too long a time it's been!

Wow' you have been on quite a journey...
I often wondered where you went to.

So sorry to hear why, but very glad it's all behind you now and you bit the bad bug right back!

The hair will grow back even thicker now too... :)

So good you checked in with us! :D

Did the recent rains help out our back county?
You still living out in .. was it Pine Valley?

Please stay around the ship and log in and let us know what you are a thinkin' about.

I've missed you.

Love the avatar too!

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 10-19-2005 06:44 PM

Shell so glad you are healing up nicely. Glad to see you back...;)

Live365
Ship's Bos'n

Post by Live365 » 10-19-2005 07:44 PM

Shell,

You beat the big one, girl. Stand proud. And throw the tumor in the trash like a dirty diaper. Where it belongs.

I am told that the hair grows back thicker, curlier, more lustrous. All those things we *pay* to get. A little gray from the chemo maybe, but that is easily fixed (your choice of color :)!!!).

I hope you will continue to post. I speak from experience when I say: no one can get you through this crap, quite like the Ship. Stay with us, okay?
Did you ever stop to think, and then forget to start again?

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 10-19-2005 07:47 PM

Shell, nice to meet you ! I am glad to hear that you are on the road to recovery. And I hope you will post more often. :)

Shell
Pirate

Gettin' Back in the Swing...

Post by Shell » 10-20-2005 09:55 AM

Thanks everybody for the warm welcome... sure feels good. It feels like I walked into the Galley and got a HUGE virtual HUG... Thanks!

Vigo, I've gotta tell ya that I just LOVE that avatar... one of the BEST pictures I've seen in a while... is that your dog? And just what were you doing to get him to smile like that!? ;) And thanks for the good thoughts... you may be a newer Pirate, but it looks like you've definitely had much more to say than I have. I hope to chat with you again. As far as the DEW goes.... it's really WIERD having hair, that has a mind of it's own! Now, when I wash it, it curls every which way but loose! It's probably because it's so short. I have baby fine hair that usually is straight as a board... so we'll see... it sure is easier to deal with than the pony tail I sported a year ago! Hey, I just noticed... you're down somewhere in the same neck of the woods as Waverider and myself... you didn't get washed away in the rains, did you?

Hey Jeri ** Yeah, I've been around the bend & back... I don't know about the hair growing in thicker... it seems like it, but that may just be because it's so short... what does George & Art say... less is MORE! :p As far as the rains go, it was WELCOME relief to us up here! Just the day before, the winds were winding up again.... makes everybody over here very weary... ya know? I was happy to see them (the rains, that is)... just cranked up the fireplace and the crockpot, and I was GOOD TO GO... Yep, still in Pine Valley . Will be 'til we get the heck out of CA... I'll update you on that later.. I think of you often too and wondered how things are out Ramona way... I'll be talking to you again soon, I'm sure! OH, and the avatar! That avatar is one of the pictures from the Wingmakers... do you remember that? And do you remember when the board first started those new avatars? We both picked the same one! It's similar to the one you have now, but the little guy was throwing a flash or candle or something like that... when I saw yours, I felt like we were both showing up at the party in the same dress!!! Can't have that!!! Just a little fun nostalgia for ya! TTYL

Hey Tiff ~ Thanks for the nice thoughts - and GLAD to be back! Looks like I've got a lot of catching up to do!

To you ~ Live365 ~
You beat the big one, girl. Stand proud. And throw the tumor in the trash like a dirty diaper. Where it belongs.
I just LOVED this line... you're the best! And THANKS!!!
I am told that the hair grows back thicker, curlier, more lustrous. All those things we *pay* to get. A little gray from the chemo maybe, but that is easily fixed (your choice of color !!!).
Well, we'll see... as I was saying up above... it seems thicker AND curlier, but it could be just because it's so short, or it could be having a major "attitude adjustment..." meaning "I've been through alot, and I'M NOT GONNA TAKE ANYMORE!!! Now it's MY TURN, and I'm gonna DO what I WANT!!!!" or something to that effect... ;) ... as far as the luxurious part... stay tuned... when I get enough length to define whether or not there's any "LUXURY" there, I'll let ya know... on second thought... any hair is a LUXURY at this point!!! (What was I thinking???) No gray yet that I can see, but, by now, you know what the excuse for that is... it's just TOO SHORT to tell... (hmmm... maybe this "short" thing ain't so bad after all!! :p

Thanks for all the kind words, and yes, you're absolutely right about this place and these friends getting you through anything the world has to throw at you. I am blessed indeed to have this place to call home, and friends like you all to cheer me UP and ON... :)

And SETIslady, thanks for the warm wishes... and DO be careful in your neck of the woods... I have a Sister-in-law down there in Davie, and a girlfriend down in Ocala... you all are in my heart and mind during this scary time of year... take good care of yourself and BE SAFE.... HOPEFULLY, they've correctly named WILMA as being the LAST ONE - PERIOD... not just the last English named one... I'll keep good thoughts of it winding down & leaving you guys the hell alone!

Oh, and one more thing.... can anyone tell me what is going on with Dev? I saw the "Love & Light" Threads, but don't know what happened... I looked up all of Dev's threads, and the last one was back in June... What's going on?

Okay, I've hogged up enough space... thanks everybody for the nice welcome home party... it was enjoyed and appreciated!

:cool: Shell

vigo
Chief Swabbie

Post by vigo » 10-20-2005 01:59 PM

Howdy Shell. The avatar is a generic pix I picked up on a breeder's/doggy lover's site. It is the spitting image of my puppy's father (an Irish Jack Russell). I think it is her daddy, just have to ask the breeder if she submitted it. She has taught him to smile just like that. I cracked up when I saw it and said to myself...self... this picture best represents you so I snagged it. :D

Got another one I'll post later on.

I'm a little north of you near Long beach, CA a night owl longshoreman by trade, seeker of truth by nature.;) Rain is tough on us at the port so I'm glad it moved along. Glad you like it...it does clear up the sky and improves the breathing:cool:

Live365
Ship's Bos'n

Re: Gettin' Back in the Swing...

Post by Live365 » 10-20-2005 07:36 PM

Shell wrote:

Okay, I've hogged up enough space... thanks everybody for the nice welcome home party... it was enjoyed and appreciated!

:cool: Shell

Shell, you did not *hog space*. You write well, you have very deep thoughts, and you have a lot to say.

Please keep posting, okay?
Did you ever stop to think, and then forget to start again?

Return to “Announcements/ FYI”