Welcome to FF's new home

Just what is says. Click and read on.

Moderator: Super Moderators

megman
Parrothead

Post by megman » 05-09-2011 10:18 PM

Cynthia Lynn wrote: Svlad Cjelli, also known as Dirk Cjelli or Dirk Gently, is a fictional character created by Douglas Adams, the author of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dirk_Gently

Goes to show that Wikipedia isn't always correct. Douglas Adams wrote Dirk Gentlys Detective Agency and The Long Dark Tea Time of the Soul using the sudynom Dirk Gently.;)
Still an Original Pirate since Aug 2000
Wanna ride the Zamboni?

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 05-09-2011 10:38 PM

If SvdladCjelli is who I think he is, this place is in very good hands. :)

Cynthia Lynn
Pirate

Post by Cynthia Lynn » 05-10-2011 04:16 AM

megman wrote: Goes to show that Wikipedia isn't always correct. Douglas Adams wrote Dirk Gentlys Detective Agency and The Long Dark Tea Time of the Soul using the sudynom Dirk Gently.;)

I don't believe Dirk Gently is used as a pseudonym since Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency and The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul are clearly written by Douglas Adams. ;)

http://www.amazon.com/Dirk-Gentlys-Holi ... 515&sr=1-3

http://www.amazon.com/Long-Dark-Tea-Tim ... 694&sr=1-1

I'm not the Douglas Adams fan in my family anyway... one of my sons is.

My point was the account name svladcjelli (aka Fan) was NOT a random sequence of letters... but if it were, that would be quite a co-inky-dink. :D
Last edited by Cynthia Lynn on 05-10-2011 04:22 AM, edited 1 time in total.

cherry
Pirate

Post by cherry » 05-10-2011 08:09 AM

Fan, thanks.

Foxyred
Pirate

Post by Foxyred » 05-10-2011 10:46 AM

Raggedyann wrote: If SvdladCjelli is who I think he is, this place is in very good hands. :)

Me too. I remember him being excellent at the technical end of things as he helped out at a couple other forums.
"Truth is not a fixed set of rules, but a spirit of discovery and a never ending willingness to learn."- Jeff Jawer

CoastZone
Pirate

Post by CoastZone » 05-10-2011 02:54 PM

Congratulations, Fan.

turtle101
Ship's Bartender

hello fan.......

Post by turtle101 » 05-10-2011 05:05 PM

nice to see this up and running gain. i havent posted here in awhile but i have walked the decks a few times in the past. i just got into facebook and twitter being on the road more and more.

do have one question is Art Bell and the rest of the guys coming back here. or the new FF2?

I will aways be a FF ship mate, that will never change
Whos running the Orginal Radio Room now the Shirleypal is gone?

by the way I know who SvdladCjelli is and he should do a very fine job. been here since 2001 the begining months some of us lost statis when they upgraded. orginally just turtle now turtle101.

lots of luck fan.
oh one more question...donation can still be sent through pay pal.
TURTLE101

ps. y fan? he he he yarrrrrrrr
Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.

Cynthia Lynn
Pirate

Post by Cynthia Lynn » 05-10-2011 05:28 PM

Foxyred wrote: Me too. I remember him being excellent at the technical end of things as he helped out at a couple other forums.

Ditto.

JohnnyVW noticed how fast the new server is... and he knows about such things, does he not, Foxy? ;)

Congratulations, Fan. You have impressed my husband. :)

Sean_in_Montreal
Pirate

Post by Sean_in_Montreal » 05-10-2011 06:02 PM

Personal opinion here.

I understand why they left here to create FF2.

With Fan as owner now the place is in safe hands and they can be rest assured this ship will keep on sailing for years to come.

This is the original FF and is the first Coast based forum. The history, the legacy of Linnea and what made the place is here. This is where her spirit lies.

It would be in everyone's best interest to return to the original FF.

The only Fantastic Forum.
"I believe in keeping an open mind, but not so open that my brains spill out."(unknown)

alfa119
Pirate

Post by alfa119 » 05-10-2011 06:41 PM

I have a few questions..

will pm's be turned on with a min, post count of 50 or 100 posts?

will there be some rule changes?

will there be staff changes?

I only ask, because what is done before, and has been done in the past is just that.

the ship has a new captain, which means it can have a new way of doing things.

The forum has gotten slower over the years and many offshoots and coast forums are out there now..

I count a total of 5 off the top of my head but there could be more..

just a few thoughts..

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 05-10-2011 11:28 PM

I appreciate all the nice thoughts and gestures all!

I am glad the server seems to be working well so far, fingers crossed :)

As for rule changes and the like, I tend to enjoy at least trying democracy, although it sometimes blows up in my face hehe.

I plan to launch a series of polls, and we can see where that gets us.

PMs, yes, I will try to turn them on, but no guarantees, the usercp is totally broken due to incompatible code with the newer mysql databases. I need to really hack on this to make it work, so please be patient, and I will return whatever normalcy I can.

As for FF2 folks migrating back here, I really hope people won't be scared off by me or the change, and can return here. I both need the help and the raison d'etre that the great community here brings.

I would love to have some sort of meeting with the mods soon, I will try and arrange something if they feel able to continue here.

Raise the sails!

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 05-10-2011 11:29 PM

Cynthia Lynn wrote: Ditto.

JohnnyVW noticed how fast the new server is... and he knows about such things, does he not, Foxy? ;)

Congratulations, Fan. You have impressed my husband. :)

Your husband is obviously a discerning and intelligent man :cool:

alfa119
Pirate

Post by alfa119 » 05-11-2011 12:46 AM

Fan wrote: I appreciate all the nice thoughts and gestures all!

I am glad the server seems to be working well so far, fingers crossed :)

As for rule changes and the like, I tend to enjoy at least trying democracy, although it sometimes blows up in my face hehe.

I plan to launch a series of polls, and we can see where that gets us.

PMs, yes, I will try to turn them on, but no guarantees, the usercp is totally broken due to incompatible code with the newer mysql databases. I need to really hack on this to make it work, so please be patient, and I will return whatever normalcy I can.

As for FF2 folks migrating back here, I really hope people won't be scared off by me or the change, and can return here. I both need the help and the raison d'etre that the great community here brings.

I would love to have some sort of meeting with the mods soon, I will try and arrange something if they feel able to continue here.

Raise the sails!

upgrade the forum software and re-theme everything.

I know its alot of work but this forum software is fairly old as well..

it is worth a thought instead of hacking software... upgrade it.

turtle101
Ship's Bartender

Post by turtle101 » 05-11-2011 01:05 AM

not sure depends on the cost.
Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.

Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Post by Dude111 » 05-11-2011 01:38 AM

alfa119 wrote: upgrade the forum software and re-theme everything.

I know its alot of work but this forum software is fairly old as well..

it is worth a thought instead of hacking software... upgrade it.
Thats the easy way out though!!!

I hope we dont lose this wonderful S/W they have used for years.... I love it!!!

No annoying Facebook crap in your face,etc...... (Im sick of seeing that ALMOST EVERYWHERE!!)

Return to “Announcements/ FYI”