Hey Jeri!!! Long time......
Still an Original Pirate since Aug 2000
Wanna ride the Zamboni?

Waverider
Pirate

Post by Waverider » 06-09-2011 11:10 AM

Too long Mr. Leo'....
Still keeping that body in shape?

You've been doing some traveling the past few years, I noticed...
Are you back home now? Canada.. Oh Canada'... Very cold and wet...
But beautiful ~

Thanks for the shout out, Mr. good lookin' :cool:

megman
Parrothead

Post by megman » 06-09-2011 12:45 PM

Waverider wrote: Too long Mr. Leo'....
Still keeping that body in shape?

You've been doing some traveling the past few years, I noticed...
Are you back home now? Canada.. Oh Canada'... Very cold and wet...
But beautiful ~

Thanks for the shout out, Mr. good lookin' :cool:

I'm trying. Getting harder as the years roll on. Redistributing 5lbs just isn't as easy as it used to be.

Been back for a few years. Just getting all my crap in one sock so to speak to eventually head back, and hopefully for good.

Hope to see you popping in here more often. You still have more friends here than you think.:coolhat:
Wanna ride the Zamboni?

Waverider
Pirate

Post by Waverider » 06-17-2011 11:48 PM

Ahh, there you are...
I had to search where I put this post.
Tardy as I am.

If all I had to be concerned with is five pounds, I'd consider myself in great shape...;)

"Been back for a few years. Just getting all my crap in one sock so to speak to eventually head back, and hopefully for good." -M

Head back where?
You've been so many places, as I recall.

Btw.. How's the Mom?

fabzilla
Pirate

G'day mates!

Post by fabzilla » 07-17-2011 11:43 AM

Thanks for the notification and the undertaking of the Ship Fan.

Many a soul were lost at seas over the years and it appears as if they are trickling back in to the Ship Fantastic to check in and to pay respects!

Not many people I know touched as many lives as Linnea did over the years withouout ever sharing a breath with them in the same room. This is such a great tribute to her moving forward...

For this a most gracious thank you.

I hoist the Roger and tip a grog in every pirates direction...

Many years have come and gone and we are still as a community on the stormy seas together. The sleepers should awaken!

Peace to all...

fab
Ah drrr drrr drrr

megman
Parrothead

Re: G'day mates!

Post by megman » 07-17-2011 12:59 PM

fabzilla wrote: Thanks for the notification and the undertaking of the Ship Fan.

Many a soul were lost at seas over the years and it appears as if they are trickling back in to the Ship Fantastic to check in and to pay respects!

Not many people I know touched as many lives as Linnea did over the years withouout ever sharing a breath with them in the same room. This is such a great tribute to her moving forward...

Many years have come and gone and we are still as a community on the stormy seas together. The sleepers should awaken!

Peace to all...

fab

DUDE!!!!:coolhat:

Good to see you on board. :cool:
Wanna ride the Zamboni?

swimmbadd
Pirate

Post by swimmbadd » 07-17-2011 02:14 PM

fabzilla wrote: Thanks for the notification and the undertaking of the Ship Fan.

Peace to all...

fab

Hi Fab long time no see.

And on another note why the big rush to create FF2? I take it that FF was shut down for a while, other wise I see no reason to make an FF2 4 days after her passing.
I just went there a minute ago and you can't even read with out registering. Not very conducive for getting new talent onboard is it?. And it's so slow it like it's on a personal PC on dial up.

I know I'm am and have been out of the loop here for quite some time so I hope I'm not stepping on any ones toes. Is what it is though.
Last edited by swimmbadd on 07-17-2011 02:17 PM, edited 1 time in total.
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!

HB3

Post by HB3 » 07-17-2011 02:43 PM

I'd like to avoid a fight, that's for sure. Let's just let them do what they do. One thing they were worried about was someone they didnt approve of buying the ship after Linnea passed away. Ultimately, that deal didn't go through, and Fan, who's been a long time poster here in good standing, bought the board instead. But in the interim, FF2 was set up. So I can understand the initial concern. And there are some people out there with very bad grudges against Linnea, I'm sorry to say. But they aren't allowed here, and never will be.

swimmbadd
Pirate

Post by swimmbadd » 07-17-2011 03:04 PM

HB3 wrote: I'd like to avoid a fight, that's for sure. Let's just let them do what they do. One thing they were worried about was someone they didnt approve of buying the ship after Linnea passed away. Ultimately, that deal didn't go through, and Fan, who's been a long time poster here in good standing, bought the board instead. But in the interim, FF2 was set up. So I can understand the initial concern. And there are some people out there with very bad grudges against Linnea, I'm sorry to say. But they aren't allowed here, and never will be.

I don't have any grudges. And I surely did not come here to start any trouble.
I was just simply wondering why the rush to move. Actually I didn't even know there was an FF2 until maybe two hours ago.
And yes Linnea has banned me a few time and put me on suspension but honestly they were all well deserved, I was known for being a pompous foul mouthed drunk. Back during the big SSTV thing I was posting as "Fish" I picked up a SSTV signal from Art way over here in South Carolina. Linnea got really happy and reinstated Shootzoo. Obviously she was very exited. It was cool. it was a happy day.

It was Spike Mikes Birthday.

I'm rambling.

Any way my personal opinion is they should come back and take care of her baby.

THE One and ONLY
Fantastic Forum.
Last edited by swimmbadd on 07-17-2011 03:14 PM, edited 1 time in total.

HB3

Post by HB3 » 07-17-2011 03:09 PM

Yeah, I hear you. I think by the time the ownership issue had been resolved, they'd already put a lot of work into their new forum.

And I wasn't referring to you when I spoke of grudges at all. Generally we want to have a fresh start and generate the active discussion we had a few years ago.

HB3

Post by HB3 » 07-17-2011 03:11 PM

And hey, Linnea banned me a few times too. But we were still very close, especially during the last couple of years.

swimmbadd
Pirate

Post by swimmbadd » 07-17-2011 03:16 PM

HB3 wrote: And hey, Linnea banned me a few times too. But we were still very close, especially during the last couple of years.

These thing happen eh? What can you do. :)

HB3

Post by HB3 » 07-17-2011 03:24 PM

One thing's for sure, there's a lot of history here. That's been Squidink's rationale for saving it...that, or sinking it entirely....;)

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 07-17-2011 03:36 PM

Peace to all...

fab

Thanks Fab, hope to see more of you!

SquidInk

Post by SquidInk » 07-17-2011 04:15 PM

HB3 wrote: One thing's for sure, there's a lot of history here. That's been Squidink's rationale for saving it...that, or sinking it entirely....;)

Absolutely. I arrived in 2006/2007, and traffic was slowing. I have read extensively in the archives and believe them to be irreplaceable -- as much so as the actual archived Art Bell/C2C shows.

I too would like to see a return the old days of high volume posting -- and I'll do whatever I can to that end.
For if it profit, none dare call it Treason.

Return to “Announcements/ FYI”