FF Lifeboat & Other Downtime Alternatives

Just what is says. Click and read on.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Riddick
Pirate

FF Lifeboat & Other Downtime Alternatives

Post by Riddick » 04-28-2016 01:34 AM

Hey Now Folks, if ever the FF goes down AND it's all too apparent it's not coming back up in short order, I propose a three tiered plan for just such an emergency -

First off, I've opened up the FF Lifeboat to guests. No membership/login needed! It's still ad supported - Anyone finds them overwhelming maybe try ad blockers if you aren't already using them, you are and it's still a prob, I'm outta suggestions.

'Course, folks who wanna do MORE than lurk still need an account - If navigating ads or anything else keeps you from registering, feel free to PM me here and I'll set you up - Obviously, that's best done BEFORE an emergency need arises, eh?

Secondly AND thirdly, for folks who find coping with ads is just too much trouble OR in any event for whatever reason it happens the Lifeboat's not living up to its name? Even as The Deuce is no more, there ARE still the 2 living FF descendants -

Imaginative Worlds & Into Infinity

As it is, I know a number of FFers already have accounts at one or both, and even as II is doing well frankly IW would benefit greatly from an influx of activity. In any case, I'd say either's well suited as a place to regroup 'til Fan fixes what ails.

Well, folks, that's all I got: Anyone has any other ideas, don't hesitate to post 'em!
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Riddick
Pirate

Just A Heads Up FFolks

Post by Riddick » 06-17-2017 02:57 AM

I observed a brief but major MySQL server belch here tonight.

Things seem to be back to normal. But you never know...!!
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

-Donald Trump Image

Riddick
Pirate

Re: Just A Heads Up FFolks

Post by Riddick » 06-30-2017 01:07 AM

Riddick wrote:I observed a brief but major MySQL server belch here tonight.

Things seem to be back to normal. But you never know...!!
So has anyone else been seeing "Internal Server Error" messages lately?

It's only come up a couple times this week but as that's more burps in a given timeframe than I've seen in awhile, I begin to wonder if it's only a fleeting case of indigestion or a sign of a bigger and badder belch to come

-Donald Trump Image

Riddick
Pirate

Re: FF Lifeboat & Other Downtime Alternatives

Post by Riddick » 07-07-2017 12:58 AM

In the way of unusual forum function, would you believe there's no out of the ordinary goings-on I have to report on this week?

Who says it's all bad news!!!

-Donald Trump Image

Riddick
Pirate

Into Infinity Has Moved

Post by Riddick » 06-20-2018 06:57 AM

-Donald Trump Image

Return to “Announcements/ FYI”